Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 13 Apr 2003, 00:10 (Ref:567736)   #1
windup1
Rookie

windup1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RAC MSA investigation into Donnington F3 fiasco

The RAC MSA look likely to investigate the circumstances which led to Green being allowed to race and keep his race win from race 2.
The tyres used for both races were not the ones registered for his use, therefore it was illegal. The "arangement" for him to race on these tyres in race 2 is crazy. It was illegal in race 1, therfore it was illegal in race 2. The excuse of Force mjeur does not stand up.
How can PK be sure that "Rules is Rules" when you race in the UK if this type of thing is allowed to happen.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 00:13 (Ref:567739)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
when is the original appeal for green's race 1 victory? has a date been announced yet?

and surely they'll have run it past the officials before doing anything, regarding keeping the same tyres in race 2 as in race 1?
Old 13 Apr 2003, 00:34 (Ref:567754)   #3
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds crazy to me. If I was Jamie, I'd be gutted, because were I the judge (no I can't be both at the same time) I would exclude him from both wins.

Or, if that seems a bit harsh, punishment not fitting the crime, etc, then, although I don't know any precedents for this sort of thing insofar as punishments meted out are concerned, had I carte blanche, I would propose something like a 40 second penalty in each race, or something equivalent to the total time lost in serving a 10 second drive through penalty (or Drive-Thru as they say in the establishment of the Lacers) and all in all that's a helluva sentence and no wonder they say English is such a hard language to learn.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 13 Apr 2003, 07:12 (Ref:567872)   #4
fantasytoca
Racer

fantasytoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whichever way you look at it - I wouldn't like to be the mechanic who made the mistake!!
Old 13 Apr 2003, 10:37 (Ref:568007)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How did they do it twice?!?
Old 13 Apr 2003, 12:31 (Ref:568094)   #6
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
when is the original appeal for green's race 1 victory? has a date been announced yet?

and surely they'll have run it past the officials before doing anything, regarding keeping the same tyres in race 2 as in race 1?
About the appeal, I believe it's similar to what happened with Watts and Bell in FRenault last year, ie we'll wait for ages, maybe a date will be announced, or maybe the MSA will just come back one day and say "we've decided this".

The way I see it, there's no way it'll be overturned. It's a clear case of they did something which isn't allowed in the rules and, although I'm sure it didn't make a difference to performance, doing such a thing could be done to gain an advantage (if you nailed your tyres in qualifying and then swapped to your team mate's which had just had three laps on them).

I don't understand the race 2 thing. If a car's illegal for one race it's illegal for the other, so unless Carlin did it as an "all-or-nothing-gamble" I don't see why they wouldn't lose both wins if they stayed on the same tyres. I admit I don't know nearly all the intricacies of this.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 18:12 (Ref:568328)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well if they did Piquet for a minor infraction then there can be no way on earth that Carlin will be allowed to keep the wins. They screwed up, they have to pay the price.

Its harsh but if they've set a precedent then surely they must follow it? If they had let both incidents go then fair enough, its consistent (others may be peeved) but if they have punished one party then they must continue to follow their own example.

I feel sorry for Jamie Green in all this.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 18:15 (Ref:568332)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Rayner
About the appeal, I believe it's similar to what happened with Watts and Bell in FRenault last year, ie we'll wait for ages, maybe a date will be announced, or maybe the MSA will just come back one day and say "we've decided this".
apparently it will be discussed at the next ordinary meeting of the msa. which is always the case. doesn't suppose anyone is a member of the msa and can tell us the meeting days can they??