Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Mar 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2650349)   #101
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im thinking Barbosa might end here for the race ?
You (and i) wish.... doesn't seems so!
Old 12 Mar 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2650404)   #102
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The 'Genii buying Pescarolo' rumours have reappeared in the French press once again. Watch this space!
Which one? Pescarolo that is.

L.P.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2650442)   #103
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
They'll likely bring in their F1 development/testing drivers: Charouz, d'Ambroso,Tung and 2 others guys (or girls). And if I recall correctly, wasn't the last seat reserved for Tinseau (reported some time ago on E-I??).
Old 30 Mar 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2663871)   #104
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Pesca in its 2010 form. E.I. With a gallery of pics at E.I. also

L.P.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 23:01 (Ref:2663878)   #105
RJC_pt
Rookie

Portugal
Braga
RJC_pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How come only the lola's sem to have the louvers at the rear of the rear tires aiming down? ( as per the new rules)
Old 30 Mar 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2663879)   #106
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC_pt View Post
How come only the lola's sem to have the louvers at the rear of the rear tires aiming down? ( as per the new rules)
Well if you look at the louvers, the very end is turned down it seems.
Quote:
Be designed in such a way that air passing through them is directed toward the ground at the exit.
So....

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 30 Mar 2010 at 23:10.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 06:23 (Ref:2663958)   #107
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Mean looking rear end Very fine! This looks like a high downforce aero package, not so much suited for Le Mans.

Last edited by gwyllion; 31 Mar 2010 at 06:29.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 06:04 (Ref:2664591)   #108
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
It's probably not 100% exactly the best place to ask this question, but anyway... It has probably been answered before (before I joined this forum), but has the exact cause of the crash of the #17 Pescarolo Peugeot at LM last year been... erm... publicised? I've just been looking through some photos on the official Le Mans website this morning, and I was pretty horrified at seeing some close-up shots of the enormous amount of damage the car actually took during that accident.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2678074)   #109
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time to rename the thread then
Old 22 Apr 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2678079)   #110
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
but has the exact cause of the crash of the #17 Pescarolo Peugeot at LM last year been... erm... publicised ?
From what I understand ..... the driver (Trulyer) clipped the rumble strip , the car got sideways and áirborne . As far as I know , there was no machanical failure .

And honestly ..... if Pug are the reason , for the demise of Pescarolo , through having to pay for the damage . Shame on them .
Old 22 Apr 2010, 20:56 (Ref:2678084)   #111
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Peugeot shouldn't have 'lent' them the car if they weren't going to pick up the tab in the event of an accident. These things happen.....
Old 22 Apr 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2678098)   #112
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Peugeot shouldn't have 'lent' them the car if they weren't going to pick up the tab in the event of an accident. These things happen.....
Wasn't it more a case of "lease"?.
If it was then it's only fair that Pescarolo gets the "tab", as all other leasing deals.

But it still sad, and a little part of me hope Peugeot will take hand of Henri!, maybe put him in charge of WR and give him a Lmp2 size budget? (see my signature if you want to comment seriously on this)
Old 22 Apr 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2678158)   #113
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Henri considered it fiscally disadvantageous to insure his cars and up to that point, it was. Then, it seems, it suddenly wasn't. These things happen; if you take the risk you should live with the consequences. I understand that Pescarolo's liability was included in the deal for the chassis so I don't see why it's shame on Peugeot...
Old 23 Apr 2010, 00:26 (Ref:2678165)   #114
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well , they are not exactly short of a few pounds , and the car was an older model and didnt have all the aero bits . Pescarolo was representing them and the net result of this is the dissappearance of Henri himself .

I know the legal side would favour Pug . Its just a very sad happening . Pescarolo Sport was as good as Oreca , AMR , if not better , imo .
Old 23 Apr 2010, 01:01 (Ref:2678175)   #115
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree, it's a damn shame. I wish they'd been able to sign an agreement where Peugeot sport were liable in the case of a component failure on their car, but I can understand why they would not want to as well!

I agree with you that when it came to running a prototype at Le Mans, Henri and his boys were a good match for ORECA. The latter had a more diverse racing program averaged over all the years of activity, but Pescarolo was very good at what they did...prototypes and silhouette touring cars.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2679260)   #116
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's really annoying not seeing a single LMP1 Pesca on the 1000km of Spa entrylist
Old 25 Apr 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2679453)   #117
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There needs top be consolidation in the P1/P2 market.

It's better to have a handful of competitive customer chassis, such as the Lola, but obviously you don't want any constructors to go out of business.

It's the same when it comes to engine and tyre deals, why don't some privateers work together to spread the cost and development workload.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2679468)   #118
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was looking at an older Racecar Engineering mag from 2006 yesterday and I was stunned at the number of LMP announcements at the time.

I'm sure that statistically new projects are announced and new cars are built in the 2 years around the switch from one set of regulations to another. Probably because people don't buy when the rules are uncertain and always about to change.

And about consolidation, prototype racing is one of the only places left in motorsports where people embark on one-off projects (Pilbeam, Embassy, Lavaggi, WR, Pescarolo originally, etc).
Old 25 Apr 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2679625)   #119
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
I was looking at an older Racecar Engineering mag from 2006 yesterday and I was stunned at the number of LMP announcements at the time.

I'm sure that statistically new projects are announced and new cars are built in the 2 years around the switch from one set of regulations to another. Probably because people don't buy when the rules are uncertain and always about to change.

And about consolidation, prototype racing is one of the only places left in motorsports where people embark on one-off projects (Pilbeam, Embassy, Lavaggi, WR, Pescarolo originally, etc).

Have to agree here. There's also the argument that HPD aside the Pescarolo is one of the most competitive LMP2 packages out there. It wasn't when Kruse ran it in 2007, by reductionist logic at that point anyone considering running one should have looked to another off the shelf package. I'm pleased Nicolet had the vision to do something else, and I'm really pleased that he may well reap the benefits this year.

I'm doing my best to be phlegmatic about what seems to be happening with Pescarolo. In sportscars all things change. Over the years we've lost some fantastically charismatic teams (Rondeau, Kremer, RFH etc) but the sport remains. If Henri is absent in June I'll be sad, and proud to wear my Pescarolo Sport shirt to mark his absence, but having raised a glass I'll go on to cheer those that are filling his shoes (Rebellion, Drayson, Oak).

Diversity is one of the greatest things about endurance racing, and the demise of those we love is one of the prices we pay for this.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 08:39 (Ref:2680373)   #120
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad news for Pescarolo, it seems Gravity is no longer interested in Le Mans

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ocus-4220.html

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 27 Apr 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2680418)   #121
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Devastating news, I hope the Pescarolo situation gets sorted out, it is'nt the same without them on the LMS grid, first time since the inception of the LMS that Pesca have not raced.

Hopefully Le Mans will come through though, OAK would be my dark horse to win at the Sarthe this year.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 11:59 (Ref:2680467)   #122
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post

Hopefully Le Mans will come through though, OAK would be my dark horse to win at the Sarthe this year.
I presume you mean win LMP2 rather than overall!!!!

With no Porsche Spyders this year it'll be the car that stays out of the garage the most that wins LMP2 I would think. It could be a small podium based on past performances!
Old 27 Apr 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2680539)   #123
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post

With no Porsche Spyders this year it'll be the car that stays out of the garage the most that wins LMP2 I would think. It could be a small podium based on past performances!
Where have you been all of 2010?, LMP2 is going to be very competitive (seen without the domination of HPD ARX). Just look at the Paul Richard race!, there was continuously battle thru out the race.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2680543)   #124
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Where have you been all of 2010?, LMP2 is going to be very competitive (seen without the domination of HPD ARX). Just look at the Paul Richard race!, there was continuously battle thru out the race.
The 24 hour race is a real breaker of LMP2 cars in all the years that the class has existed the attrition rate has been very high and the % of cars that finish and are classified is never very high.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2680549)   #125
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post

you are correct, total brainfart, forgot to put LMP2 in there