Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any pictures of A3 cars?
Old 28 Jan 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1510726)   #27
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Street track with bumps all with no traction control, proper motor sport!!

F1 take note!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 Jan 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1510729)   #28
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
It's been a crash-bang practice session reading the reports on A1gp.com - lots of red flags this morning, lots of contact with the concrete barriers.
That includes Adam Kham who was airlifted to hospital after his incident and complained of lower back pains - let's hope that all is ok there.

Situation normal at the top though - France so far setting the pace in qualifying.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 13:52 (Ref:1510737)   #29
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just watched qualifying, what a circuit! Couple of scary fast corners and that first hairpin... I reckon you need to qulify right at the front or right at the back. The middle may not be a good place to be. It is great to see the cars power-sliding around and the layout seems to favour that approach too. Just what I need in the middle of our motorsport drought season.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1510738)   #30
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Great lap from Robbie Kerr albeit 7 tenths frm Premat but nether the less IMO watching on the box very committed in the last sector!!!

Anyone like to take a guess on how many actual race laps will take place tommorow in both races in between Safety Car Periods!!
Old 28 Jan 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1510771)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Team Holland 4th
Old 28 Jan 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1510775)   #32
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddockman
Anyone like to take a guess on how many actual race laps will take place tommorow in both races in between Safety Car Periods!!
LOL. "Durban surprise result: Safety car finishes on podium"
Old 28 Jan 2006, 15:48 (Ref:1510792)   #33
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Team Holland 4th

Now you see what replacing the race engineer can bring to the team! Time to score some points from now on.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1510794)   #34
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Let's hope it
Old 28 Jan 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1510869)   #35
speedfreek
Rookie

United Kingdom
Reading
speedfreek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like the track but im concerned there is only 1 overtaking oppurtunity- into turn 1. watching the drivers hanging out the back end at 120mph in turn 12 was amazing!1
i also think the chicane 3-4-5 will cause overtaking to end in tears but im hoping the drivers will overcome this and we will be in for another great A1gp race
Old 28 Jan 2006, 20:25 (Ref:1510894)   #36
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Heres hopimg for another great race tommorow (show what can be done when you have cars with more power than grip, exciting narrow bumpy track and none of the totally over the top hype that surrounds F1) I bet on the F1 section within Ten Tenths thet are busy having another debate over the colour of the new Mclaren cause thats about as interesting as it gets!!
Old 28 Jan 2006, 22:33 (Ref:1510987)   #37
Go-Pakistan
Racer

Pakistan
London
Go-Pakistan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker
Any pictures of A3 cars?
here's the A3 series website: http://www.a3racing.co.za/
Old 28 Jan 2006, 23:34 (Ref:1511012)   #38
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-Pakistan
here's the A3 series website: http://www.a3racing.co.za/
Great, I was going to ask for more information about A3. I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be a link (at least not one I can find) on the A1GP website.
Old 29 Jan 2006, 00:11 (Ref:1511031)   #39
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddockman
I bet on the F1 section within Ten Tenths thet are busy having another debate over the colour of the new Mclaren cause thats about as interesting as it gets!!
Yeah, F1's totally boring
Old 29 Jan 2006, 06:27 (Ref:1511101)   #40
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
some one pls fill me in on A3 is it a spin off from A1 will it follow A1 round the world ????
Old 29 Jan 2006, 08:37 (Ref:1511120)   #41
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
come on already , 2 and a half hours to go , Im waiting , waiting I need my motorsport fill !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29 Jan 2006, 08:52 (Ref:1511125)   #42
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Webber
some one pls fill me in on A3 is it a spin off from A1 will it follow A1 round the world ????
It appears to be a South African series, so I don't belive that it'll travel round the globe with A1.
Old 29 Jan 2006, 11:02 (Ref:1511175)   #43
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
Great, I was going to ask for more information about A3. I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be a link (at least not one I can find) on the A1GP website.
A3 is just an updated version of the Formula Volkswagen car that was racing in Germany until 2004
Old 29 Jan 2006, 11:28 (Ref:1511193)   #44
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Don't forget during the races (which start very shortly) you can join the Chat Room for live discussion.
Old 29 Jan 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1511195)   #45
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Great to see so many people there!!
Old 29 Jan 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1511226)   #46
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well that was an interesting last lap wasn't it.....
Old 29 Jan 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1511228)   #47
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Felt sorry for Jos actually..
Old 29 Jan 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1511229)   #48
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Yeah it was a good attempt - I thought it was going to get nastier though - he's lucky he didn't get broadsided - good avoid by Robbie!
Old 29 Jan 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1511232)   #49
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Very brave effort by Joss, credit where it's due, but he did end up throwing away not only a second place but a good grid slot for the feature race. Once a racer, always a racer - but perhaps discretion would have been better for long term prospects?
Just hope that the French car wasn't too badly damaged by that either, wouldn't want the second race to suffer.
Old 29 Jan 2006, 13:20 (Ref:1511245)   #50
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure the people behind A1GP would rather there was more of that kind of action and less conserving for the later race.