Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 17 May 2002, 11:19 (Ref:288778)   #101
flaggie1
Racer

flaggie1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well thanks flaggie for the glowing vote of confidence. Lets just hope we don't work together anywhere between turns 12 and pit entry at sandown at the weekend because if anyone decides to get up close with any of the renos occuring there. All you will here from me is INCOMING and the flames of my heels. I'd give my blue flag for a quite weekend for a change. All though the track blocker was good to see last time. although flaggie failed to mention the Formula vees at PI, the v8 supercar at PI the porsche at PI, the sports sedans at sandown, and not to mention the unfortunate fatal at PI in feb. So yes i am a crash magnet but eveybody has fun. That reminds me where are my cadbury favourites.

Last edited by flaggie1; 17 May 2002 at 11:25.
Old 17 May 2002, 12:14 (Ref:288828)   #102
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as long as u keep getting me jobs at sandown i'll be happy
see u bright and early in morn
Old 20 May 2002, 23:51 (Ref:290967)   #103
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read with interest and concern, many of the points raised I have seen, and voted with my feet. Safety is the paramont issue, and if anyone on my post feels unsafe I hope they have enough trust in my leadership to say so. I also hope if anyone finds my way of running a post uncomfortable in any way they would broach it with me and not just let it fester.
I have the advantage over many of you that I can spend 3 months a year in North America. It is noticable the different attitudes there from both club and professional drivers and teams to all grades of marshals, which make it a pleasure to work. The corner worker comadre is also much greater than over here, perhaps because they have no more licenced marshals than we do in the UK, but have to cover vastly greater distances and circuits.
Popsie you migght be interested to know that nearly 50% of American marshals are women, and there are more female obsevers than men at many meetings.
PS the US GP is the only one I work now, as I have found all the rest just too much hassel.