Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Jan 2017, 05:08 (Ref:3701726)   #1
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clipsal: Turn 8 or chicane?

Hi Guys. Sorry to start a whole thread for such a simple question - didn't seem to be anywhere else to put it.

Haven't been to Clipsal for years, when I did it was always 4-days pit straight grandstand. This year, as it's really the last year for the current formula, going to go and see them one last time, just for a day though.

For those of you who have sat in a few different places over the years, where's the best one-day grandstand seat? I'm guessing it's between Turn 8 or the Chicane (and maybe Pirie St)?

Help me out - just wanna make the right choice. Thanks in advance.
Old 11 Jan 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3701732)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
Hi Guys. Sorry to start a whole thread for such a simple question - didn't seem to be anywhere else to put it.

Haven't been to Clipsal for years, when I did it was always 4-days pit straight grandstand. This year, as it's really the last year for the current formula, going to go and see them one last time, just for a day though.

For those of you who have sat in a few different places over the years, where's the best one-day grandstand seat? I'm guessing it's between Turn 8 or the Chicane (and maybe Pirie St)?

Help me out - just wanna make the right choice. Thanks in advance.
I wasnt aware that you could buy 1 day tickets so im not fully aware of which actual stands you mean, only the general area. However...

Its just my opinion but i would sit in the chicane. Partial thats because i havent sat there before. Its also close to pit straight and all the things that happen in that area.

Turn 8 is a long way from key places and Im assuming the stand you are talking about is on the outside of the track
Old 11 Jan 2017, 22:57 (Ref:3701918)   #3
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, If you want grandstand seat you will need a 4 day pass.

There are other good General Admission spots (one day tickets) but they aren't at the chicane or T8
Old 11 Jan 2017, 23:03 (Ref:3701920)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Yep, If you want grandstand seat you will need a 4 day pass.

There are other good General Admission spots (one day tickets) but they aren't at the chicane or T8
I went and checked, you can buy grandstand tickets for individual days now for many of the grandstands (but not all), including the 2 mentioned and also pit straight
Old 12 Jan 2017, 01:43 (Ref:3701942)   #5
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, you can buy 1 day grandstand tickets on most stands now. Hence my question.
So my question remains. Turn 8, chicane or maybe Pirie?
I also ask because, like I said, I've done pit straight to death in previous years. I want a new perspective.
Old 12 Jan 2017, 04:56 (Ref:3701959)   #6
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry SJA, I was not aware they had changed the ticket offers.
Bit surprised they are doing single day seating to be honest.

So to your question then:
I started on Pit straight, then moved to Chicane (outer) and then moved to Chicane (inner) and have kept that seat ever since (over 10 years now). Good spot IMO, bit of chicane action and right in the middle of everything so a good "home base".
I have friends on Turn 8 that argue the seating is better (and cheaper) but as I am also happy with the regulars/returners around me I've been hesitant to change. Turn 8 stand is also a little isolated.
Pirie stand doesn't seem very appealing with the cars sprinting away from you and placed right out away from everything else.
So, with some bias, I think Inside Chicane is the go to :-)
Old 23 Jan 2017, 03:08 (Ref:3704376)   #7
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chicane is awesome go there a lot more action and closer racing