Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 11 Feb 2011, 12:32 (Ref:2829604)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR-2011-Bud Shootout

This one snuck up on me!

As standard (and as most of you know) Jayski will have everything you need to know regarding everything NASCAR this year and it isn't any different for the Shootout.

Jayski Race Page...
complete with all the entries, past winners etc. Nobody does it better!

I don't think you could bet against Jamie Mac with his late run at the speedway but the new surface, no points awarded, first race of the season under the lights and all for money, it is going to be wild. Can't bet against anyone but Derricke Cope.

Practice sessions and drawing for starting positions sometime today.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 15:27 (Ref:2829694)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hey, a little respect for the 1990 Daytona 500 champion.

Oh and congrats on your 2500 post, nerd.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2829698)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

You just made my day!
Old 11 Feb 2011, 21:51 (Ref:2829854)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Practice 1 in 10 minutes...
Old 12 Feb 2011, 00:29 (Ref:2829903)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Part of the track lights went out during the night portion of practice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWpRWHf5G5A

Dale Jr quickest in the first session (199.862).
Joey L quickest in the 2nd and both sessions (203.087).

Practices over; drawing in a an hour.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 00:31 (Ref:2829907)   #6
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should go back to making it for Pole winners during the year... Give qualifying more importance and significance again.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 01:07 (Ref:2829920)   #7
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Part of the track lights went out during the night portion of practice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWpRWHf5G5A

Dale Jr quickest in the first session (199.862).
Joey L quickest in the 2nd and both sessions (203.087).

Practices over; drawing in a an hour.
Ah, it's wonderful hearing the Fox guys again.

Damn shame I'll get %@ยค&#%& Swedish commentary for the Shootout and the 500 just because some Swedes decided to go watch the races in person
Old 12 Feb 2011, 12:21 (Ref:2830071)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
You can't switch between Swedish and original commentary?

Well at least you Swedes and British are able to watch it on TV. I have to watch a buggy stream or download the race one or two days after the event....
Old 12 Feb 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2830099)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Ah, it's wonderful hearing the Fox guys again.

Damn shame I'll get %@ยค&#%& Swedish commentary for the Shootout and the 500 just because some Swedes decided to go watch the races in person
I think I'd prefer the Swedes to Joy, DW and Larry Mac, most any day of the week...their English is probably better.

Lineup, not that it matters...
Quote:
Staring Order for the 2011 Budweiser Shootout was shown on SPEED and the drivers chose bottles of Budweiser, peeled the lable off the bottle, 1st said POLE, #48-Johnson chose the bottle first, the lineup:
#88-Earnhardt Jr., Chevy, chose 14th, starts 1st/POLE
#14-Stewart, Chevy, chose 7th, starts 2nd
#99-Edwards, Ford, chose 4th, starts 3rd
#11-Hamlin, Toyota, chose 2nd, starts 4th
#4-Kahne, Ford, chose 21st, starts 5th
#47-Labonte, Toyota, chose 13th, starts 6th
#33-Bowyer, Chevy, chose 12th, starts 7th
#39-Newman, Chevy, chose 18th, starts 8th
#64-Cope, Toyota, chose 17th, starts 9th
#15-Waltrip, Toyota, chose 16th, starts 10th
#16-Biffle, Ford, chose 6th, starts 11th
#24-Gordon, Chevy, chose 10th, starts 12th
#42-Juan Pablo Montoya, Chevy, chose 23rd, starts 13th
#1-McMurray, Chevy, chose 19th, starts 14th
#31-Burton, Chevy, chose 11th, starts 15th
#97-Conway, Toyota, chose 20th, starts 16th
#22-Busch, Dodge, chose 9th, starts 17th
#29-Harvick, Chevy, chose 3rd, starts 18th
#17-Kenseth, Ford, chose 5th, starts 19th
#5-Martin, Chevy, chose 15th, starts 20th
#18-Busch, Toyota, chose 8th, starts 21st
#20-Logano, Toyota, chose 22nd, starts 22nd
(since Logano is not 21 years old, crew chief Greg Zippidelli chose the bottle)
#48-Johnson, Chevy, chose 1st, starts 23rd
#78-Smith, Chevy, chose 24th, starts 24th/last
Courtesy of Jayski

Funny that Zippy had to chose Joey's bottle...NASCAR has come so far
Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:17 (Ref:2830301)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
You can't switch between Swedish and original commentary?
Funny thing is that back in the early 90's when watching Eurosport via dish that was usually possible. A few years later, when watching racing via cable it also worked in most cases.

In 2011, however, broadcasting multiple audio channels has reverted into a mysterious form of technology not even the brighest minds are able to decypher. So, barring some divine intervention - which is rather unlikely seeing as I'm far from the religious type - I'm going to get Swedish commentary.

Ah well, probably sounds more 'whiney' than it actually is - I remember what it was like only having partial NASCAR coverage, or no coverage at all, so I'm pretty thankful Viasat Motor keeps broadcasting the entire season these days (even when I have to deal with Swedish commentary)

Edit - Less than an hour to go!
Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:24 (Ref:2830303)   #11
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Green flag time soon :-)

BB....
Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:27 (Ref:2830304)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Edit - Less than an hour to go!
Where's the whiskey?
Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:33 (Ref:2830308)   #13
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Where's the whiskey?
I wish I knew. I'll stick to juice instead.

On a side-note, on topic, I'm picking Dale Jr. for the win. 2011 is the year he'll turn things around, starting with tonight.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:34 (Ref:2830309)   #14
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ARCA race was a bit sedate, but came alive towards the end.
Just glad that we are back racing.

Boogity etc...
Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:38 (Ref:2830311)   #15
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kenny Wallace is extremely annoying.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:53 (Ref:2830318)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I wish I knew. I'll stick to juice instead.

On a side-note, on topic, I'm picking Dale Jr. for the win. 2011 is the year he'll turn things around, starting with tonight.
I'd like to think so, but I unsure whether or not he has lost a bit of nerve or something. It's the Shootout; gonna be a crap shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTeK View Post
Kenny Wallace is extremely annoying.
...and so is Kyle Petty and JB. Hermie and Wendy are the only SPEED prerace folk I can stand.

Missing Mr. Excitement.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:54 (Ref:2830319)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Driver intros on going. Mikey Waltrip looks like a giraffe compared to the jockeys up there.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:57 (Ref:2830320)   #18
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can JJ make it 6 championships????

BB....
Old 13 Feb 2011, 01:08 (Ref:2830327)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOY BLUNDER View Post
Can JJ make it 6 championships????

BB....
Who cares? Ain't startin' it tonight.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 01:28 (Ref:2830334)   #20
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Loving the new fronts, looks a lot cleaner and nicer compared to the old CoT-fronts.

And we're green!
Old 13 Feb 2011, 01:31 (Ref:2830337)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
This is going to be stupid crazy; closing speeds are insane.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 01:36 (Ref:2830340)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
This is going to be stupid crazy; closing speeds are insane.
Correction....it's a 200 mph buddy system and a little silly.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 01:40 (Ref:2830342)   #23
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Run with a buddy = 204mph
Find yourself alone = 185mph

That is scary!
Old 13 Feb 2011, 01:43 (Ref:2830344)   #24
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is very strage... and scary...
Old 13 Feb 2011, 01:50 (Ref:2830348)   #25
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now we're getting 206, NASCAR, your plan to stop em 2x2ing seems to have not worked overly well...