bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bulgaria - the next new F1-track?

Found this:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.bg/i...a%2002_big.jpg

(Source: http://grinders.org/poker/showthread.php?t=3394)

What do you think?

bio
Old 1 Nov 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2783635)   #2
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Atmosphere looks good. Layout looks boring.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2783636)   #3
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Great summary

bio
Old 1 Nov 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2783644)   #4
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like ptclaus said, nice area, though I think the layout kinda looks like Barber a little bit, which is a track I like...

On an alternative note, I found this when I looked further down the page:

"Button injured in a horrific F1 accident":

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5356073_n.jpg

Probably been posted on this forum before, but hey
Old 1 Nov 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2783653)   #5
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
Great summary

bio
I was never much for words.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2783662)   #6
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyewat808 View Post
"Button injured in a horrific F1 accident":
:

bio
Old 1 Nov 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2783664)   #7
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
I was never much for words.
Sometimes less is definitely more

bio
Old 2 Nov 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2783834)   #8
PawUloN
Rookie

Poland
Poland
PawUloN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first 4 corners look like Brno.

But nice, that they are expanding, the more circuits, the better!
Old 2 Nov 2010, 03:47 (Ref:2783851)   #9
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It's certainly not the worst I've seen, but it's not the best either.

I think it could be decent enough, but I would really need to see a proper, plan-view diagram. Also, I would need to know an approximate length.

Dye, I'll just say here that Barber would NOT make a good F1 circuit, as cars with that kind of power simply don't have enough room to stretch their legs on such a track.

Paw, I'm not sure that it's likely we'd see more F1 tracks; I think it's rather more likely that existing venues will get the chop to make room for newer ones.

As for the theory that alternating venues, possibly even between countries, is a good idea, I have this to say. To my mind, if a country already had a full-time GP, it's just a recipe to allow the fanbase there to slowly die, as they won't have the regular calendar slot sectioned off for that race, and at that particular venue. Most of the more casual viewers NEED a much more rigid racing calendar EVERY YEAR than we do, to keep their routine. Otherwise, that routine erodes, and those events that have been given second-tier status (not being held every year) just slowly die off.
Old 2 Nov 2010, 04:01 (Ref:2783853)   #10
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it me or that thing looks midget?

I mean, I love the layout, it looks pretty darn technical and physically demanding for bikes, it looks safe for my eyes and fun, maybe too technical, which is never a problem for me, but I have trouble visualizing F1 cars there, unless those things that look like cars in the paddock are actually school buses.

EDIT: Well, also the trees must be sequoias or that track is midget.
Old 2 Nov 2010, 08:58 (Ref:2783916)   #11
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh it does just remind me of Barber, except with lesser flowing hairpins. It also looks about the same size as Barber ie. Not big enough for F1

thanks for the link though mate!

Selby
Old 2 Nov 2010, 10:18 (Ref:2783948)   #12
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had originally tried to post the following last night, but my connection dropped.

First reaction is nice National sized circuit.

Secondly, why do T1, T3 and to a lesser extent T4 (the hairpin) all exit from their right handed sweep onto the apex kerb of a left kink. The corners are different profile and radii but no need to repet the trick 3 times in the first half of the circuit.

The pit exit from the looks of things re-joins the circuit directly opposite the Apex kerb I mentioned on the exit of T1. That Kerb takes the racing line across to the outside of the circuit (actually the infield side) much earlier than it would otherwise have done...in fact it takes it right into the path of thse exiting the pits.

Hard to see from the oblique angle of the drawing but the their doesn't appear to be a "natural" path for the pit entry given that the final 2 corners are make up a 90 degree right-90 degree left chicane. The corner prior to the chicane is very close so nowhere between them for pit entry, The only obvious place left is between the 4th and 3rd last corners which results in missing 3 very slow corners and a very long pit entry.

Scale is difficult, the buildings, car parks and shrubbery do nothing to help with it. It certainly doesn't appear to be GP length, unless one of the straights is massively longer than the drawing makes them look, which goes back to my initial comment about it being a National Size circuit.
Old 2 Nov 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2783961)   #13
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I'm not sure that it's likely we'd see more F1 tracks; I think it's rather more likely that existing venues will get the chop to make room for newer ones.
Someone in the Bulgarian staff said the Bulgarian GP would be "the only F1 race in the area", probably meaning Eastern-Europe, and this led to the speculations that the Hungarian and the Turkish GP's would get out of the calendar. Bernie denied. That's where the story is at the moment.

bio
Old 2 Nov 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2784001)   #14
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I could see the Turkish GP going, but I havn't heard any rumblings in regards to the Hungarian GP for... ever, I think, as it goes!

But that's interesting information..

Selby
Old 2 Nov 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2784087)   #15
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I could see the Turkish GP going, but I havn't heard any rumblings in regards to the Hungarian GP for... ever, I think, as it goes!

But that's interesting information..

Selby
It's a hot topic here in Hungary right now - exactly because what that Bulgarian whoever said makes one think there wouldnt be any other F1 races anymore in the area than that Bulgarian one meaning the Hungarian GP would go.

But, as i mentioned, Bernie clearly denied.

bio
Old 2 Nov 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2784090)   #16
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Bernie says alot of things...

Selby
Old 2 Nov 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2784121)   #17
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Bernie says alot of things...

Selby
Now, that cannot be denied - even by him

bio
Old 3 Nov 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2784543)   #18
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
olivk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The picture is lovely. But i doubt a track used for such big events as F1 GP will remain so virginal in its immediate surroundings.

To the layout : doesn't look very interesting at 1st sight... what i would definitely love to see as the next new F1-track, is a track that adapts to topography, like Spa... flat tracks are so boring... i want slopes!!!
Old 3 Nov 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2784582)   #19
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivk View Post
The picture is lovely. But i doubt a track used for such big events as F1 GP will remain so virginal in its immediate surroundings.

To the layout : doesn't look very interesting at 1st sight... what i would definitely love to see as the next new F1-track, is a track that adapts to topography, like Spa... flat tracks are so boring... i want slopes!!!
Yeah, bring on the hills. That would get me interested in a tracks design more than anything else.

Speaking of which, its a bit off-topic, but how have you guys represented track height in your own designs in the past? I'm thinking of doing a track which has a 2d plan design, with a 3d "height" map. Before, I've just labelled the bits that are "high" and "low", and whether corners are off-cambered or not.

Quote:
Dye, I'll just say here that Barber would NOT make a good F1 circuit, as cars with that kind of power simply don't have enough room to stretch their legs on such a track.
Sure, agreed - I think that's why I like it - nice and twisty and confined. Looks challenging too!
Old 3 Nov 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2784623)   #20
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyewat808 View Post
how have you guys represented track height in your own designs in the past? I'm thinking of doing a track which has a 2d plan design, with a 3d "height" map. Before, I've just labelled the bits that are "high" and "low", and whether corners are off-cambered or not.
There are several methods we used. I use a color scale blue (low)-green (middle)-yellow (small elevation) - orange (mid elevation)-red (high elevation), some use a line representing the track to show the altitude variations.

Neither are especially good - but, I guess, there is just no really good way to represent altitude variations in 2D...

bio
Old 4 Nov 2010, 01:17 (Ref:2784709)   #21
mitchbr
Rookie

mitchbr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=PawUloN;2783834] "The first 4 corners look like Brno."

I was just about to say that!!! Anyway, track looks decent, but not up to par with other F1 circuits (even though I very much dislike the typical Hermann Tilke design, even though Korea looked great), but you never know until you race on it
Old 4 Nov 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2785057)   #22
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks decent apart from the 90 degree turn 1. Some elevation and I think it'd be pretty interesting.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2785094)   #23
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog07 View Post
Looks decent apart from the 90 degree turn 1. Some elevation and I think it'd be pretty interesting.
And to think you've posted some of your own designs on here. Such an illogical piece of run off, if it'd be anticlockwise, would that be at T1.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2785099)   #24
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoops, haha. Just thinking real quick how a handfull of all these modern F1 tracks are anti-clockwise.

Looks good if it is long enough. Be nice to lengthen the backstraight and add a strip of track to bypass that slower infielf stuff. That does however remove a possible overtaking zone and what looks like could be a nice fast sweeping left. Not really a fan of the tracks with infields. Understand that they save space and improve viewing, and aren't always rubbish if designed right. I just like the tracks that seem to open up loop around somewhere instead of be compact and go back and fourth on themselves. I think even the shortest tracks like Lime Rock seem longer because they loop around.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2785110)   #25
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bulgaria is still pretty much in the dark age in terms on peoples mentality and the very hight crime rate. I dont think it is fit to host an F1 race. Security would be a big issue.