Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Feb 2012, 06:10 (Ref:3031307)   #1301
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Now done... rear tyres changed...

Lets see how quick it can *really* go
The * is abit unfair Hackett has done a very good job overall given the set ups have changed from last year....but then again you could probably do alot better
Old 26 Feb 2012, 06:13 (Ref:3031309)   #1302
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPA View Post
The * is abit unfair Hackett has done a very good job overall given the set ups have changed from last year....but then again you could probably do alot better
What I meant was the team has been on commentary all day saying they arent pushing at 100% in the car... if there was ever a time when it needs to be pushed at 100% and beyond it is now!

No point saving the car for another weekend... win or bust!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Feb 2012, 06:20 (Ref:3031311)   #1303
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 26 Feb 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3031312)   #1304
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Old 26 Feb 2012, 06:31 (Ref:3031313)   #1305
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What I meant was the team has been on commentary all day saying they arent pushing at 100% in the car... if there was ever a time when it needs to be pushed at 100% and beyond it is now!

No point saving the car for another weekend... win or bust!
Here here. It's a year till this race again.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 07:10 (Ref:3031315)   #1306
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First two thirds of the race was awesome/fantastic/mega!!! But last third has been about as exciting as F1 at Valencia
Old 26 Feb 2012, 07:13 (Ref:3031317)   #1307
Tracie
Rookie

Tracie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but that is the nature of endurance racing

I thought as a race it had the expected drama and I enjoyed watching it
Old 26 Feb 2012, 07:26 (Ref:3031319)   #1308
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit poor doing the presentation in parc ferme.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 07:27 (Ref:3031322)   #1309
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Audi #1 wins!

Story Here

Old 26 Feb 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3031325)   #1310
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
Bit poor doing the presentation in parc ferme.
Thought so too, looked a bit unprofessional and rushed, but I guess they were trying to get it in before the broadcast window closed.

Awesome to see three leading marque's on the podium.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 07:43 (Ref:3031326)   #1311
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to all finishers. Audi too good again.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 07:47 (Ref:3031327)   #1312
peterelise
Racer

peterelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone remind me what the rules are re driver combinations. #2 Audi had an amateur and a couple of pros and I thought you needed at least one amateur who had to do at least 2 hours. Who was the amateur in the #1 Audi and the #20 Merc?
Old 26 Feb 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3031328)   #1313
peterelise
Racer

peterelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should have said I thought the race was fantastic, particularly the first few hours. It was a shame we lost so many of the front running contenders due to accident/mechanical as the last couple of hours could have been absolutely mega if there were just one or two more cars in contention. Would like to have seen either of the Lambo's in the running with a pro on board and a wet track.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 08:12 (Ref:3031333)   #1314
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Congrats to Phoenix for winning in difficult conditions and hats off to everyone who finished. Great driving from Slade in the Black Falcon Merc considering how little experience he had with the car. Hopefully next year sees some more entries from here and overseas.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3031342)   #1315
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 26 Feb 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3031343)   #1316
PorscheCurves
Racer

Australia
Sydney
PorscheCurves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great job Phoenix Racing and to everyone who finished.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3031347)   #1317
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He is such an egotistical cock..... I notice he didn't mention that he ran the car dry in first stint...
Old 26 Feb 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3031352)   #1318
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
He is such an egotistical cock..... I notice he didn't mention that he ran the car dry in first stint...
Wouldn't that be a pit-crew error?
Old 26 Feb 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3031353)   #1319
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I dont think its something you would want to advertise as opposed to a new lap record.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 09:26 (Ref:3031356)   #1320
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Wouldn't that be a pit-crew error?
There's detailed info on the dash on fuel burn/amount etc.... He would have known.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3031359)   #1321
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Parc Ferme Podium - they did a proper presentation on the dais with team members, family, fans etc below. Top three in each class. The quickie behind the pits was just for TV.

Quote:
There's detailed info on the dash on fuel burn/amount etc.... He would have known.
The computer was playing up. Info here: http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/02/26/...te-fuel-issue/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsen, via Speedcafe
“The fuel gauge is wrong in the car – they told me to pit on the lap that I was coming around on, but as soon as they told me ‘you’ve got to pit this lap’ it started coughing,” said Simonsen after climbing from the car.

“I came in and once we got it going again it with a full tank, after two laps the fuel alarm came on, so it was a little delayed.

“The boys are pretty new to this car so it’s no one’s fault really. They’re trying to do the best they can.
Plus, I wouldn't agree with your character assessment of him. I find Allan to be genuine, humble and generous with his time.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3031365)   #1322
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Firstly , thank you to all teams that entered cars, particularly those that travelled from overseas.

What a joy to listen to a ferrari 458 for 12 full hours... awesome sounding car. Dare I say as good as a 360GT !

The weather really tore up the field today. A shame to see most of the GT field ended up.in the fence this weekend.

Note to Mr Obrien.. do whatever you can to encourage local GT involvement.
We need 20 GT CLASS A cars next year..
Everyone who comes loves the place , so start work tomorrow to make 2013 the greatest race we have seen.

It's now or never . Double the entry or give the management of the event to someone who can.

A field of 25 cars next year is just not an acceptable situation.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3031371)   #1323
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure who else was scanning radios, but as I was watching from the hotel room, it was very interesting to hear the circus at MM sport.

Feel very sorry for Simonsen, surely the almost identical clearwater car pitting 3 laps earlier would have triggered a "lets check our figures" moment....

And Allan radioed them on his roll in lap to say he may need a push, so they ran down for that, then it fired up so he drove past them to arrive at an un manned pit bay while the crew ran back up!!

That mistake caused the lambdas to overheat with the lean running, which flagged an alarm, which can only be reset via diagnostic computer. 2 laps gone and ultimately a DNF due to failed lambda (apparently).

Comedy of errors all round, what a circus. Poor Al.

Then Al rejoined right in front of the Scudd lambo, initially blocking progress, and rightly received at elast 10 blue flags that i saw with my own eyes from my hotel balcony... He SHOULD have had a drive through penalty for disobeying blue flags......

And then the final nail was Dominik hitting the fire bomb...... Dear oh dear, They, as I was too, must be gutted.

Bottom line though, the car was reliable, it was mistakes that caused it to fail.

Bad luck also to Scudd and crew, was cheering for them for a while there too, although, after what Mr Park said to me not 30 seconds after Teds shunt, all I can say is Karma is a biyatch Mr Park..... Ted won an hour race at Bathurst as recently as Easter, and Park crashed at Sprint Bathurst already, so what he said must be echoing around his empty head right now. Bad luck Scudd and Russell. You deserved better.

I drove Ted home to melbourne today, after watching the first stint and stops. We had a good chitty chat about whats what and Ted is one wise old soul. I have enormous respect for him, and he's tougher than any one of any age I ever met.

He's REALLY sore, but already improving and he'll be ok. The car and its future were discussed, but no hasty decisions will be made, or announced.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3031388)   #1324
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
what... like Vettel, Or Schuey for instance??

Team to blame for pitting error. The radio traffic was simply embarrassing for them. Which continued with the out lap and re-pit to clear the error...

You never came to say hi osrg... or did you???? I still got no idea which one you are.....
Old 26 Feb 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3031396)   #1325
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
He's REALLY sore, but already improving and he'll be ok. The car and its future were discussed, but no hasty decisions will be made, or announced.
Those of us here in Victoria hope to see Ted & a car at VSCRC - it's always awesome to see that yellow Lambo on track.