Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Oct 2008, 14:12 (Ref:2318350)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Paul Ricard.

Me and Jim racing Starship and Lots of trouble usually serius 17 at Paul Ricard. Its our first trip , does anyone fancy doing a bit of a circuit guide for me please.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 14:28 (Ref:2318365)   #2
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going and was there last year as well.

We were told last year we were doing the full circuit but found out that wasn't the case when we arrived. The transition onto the pit-straight was one of the most awful corners I've ever driven.

The facilities etc are incredible.

The over-zealous security, EUR 35 per day per person food charge, etc not so good.

But a great way to end the season.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 14:33 (Ref:2318367)   #3
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just remembered I posted some in-car from the Elva on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVb-4-g8bo0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbh24VYnvdc
Old 22 Oct 2008, 14:36 (Ref:2318370)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Roger. Brilliant see you there.If you not being interviewed by tv crew i will come and have a chat.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2318372)   #5
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
No TV for sure. As last year, I will have the kids there and it is a full-time job keeping them out of trouble. Last year my 3 year old son set off the fire extinguisher in the Corvette!

One other thing - anyone taking kids will find it is the most children friendly circuit I've ever been to. Kids allowed on the pit wall etc etc.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2318381)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now thats a REALLY good idea!
Old 22 Oct 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2318409)   #7
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Something for the H&S brigade.......

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...b&id=594121750
Old 22 Oct 2008, 16:19 (Ref:2318428)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And some goggles for the grit thats always thrown up? Sorry ,but I do not agree with it.The pit garage is as far as they should be allowed same as most other circuits!It would only need for a parent to take thier eyes off of the kid whilst writing down the lap time,kids being what they are slip over the wall,then what?
Old 22 Oct 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2318447)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Terrance you have a point. Back to the circuit and from Rogers films it looks fantastic. Getting excited.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2318457)   #10
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Delta, You must give me a detailed report on your impressions - maybe we can go next year?
Old 22 Oct 2008, 17:27 (Ref:2318462)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
You Bet.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2318520)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
First Point-Have a mate who now has a really great collection.His interest was started when his dad had him on pit wall at Silverstone.Lets the kids do it they will be OK when you see size of wall at Ricard.I was at Woodcote behind a rope when I first went to British GP.Good man Roger,now there a first!
Second Point -The last 90 right is odd.We used it on Tour Auto followed by the next two Mickey Mouse corners.The rest is good
Old 24 Oct 2008, 12:21 (Ref:2319881)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I seem to remember standing above the pits at Silverstone to watch racing as a child - the downside is a life long addiction to petrol fumes...
Old 25 Oct 2008, 21:55 (Ref:2320795)   #14
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi,

my father is organising the meeting as last year and this year it's the full circuit unfortunatelly, their is a chicane in the Mistral straight at the back of the circuit.

See you all there, bye.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 07:31 (Ref:2320906)   #15
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Excellent news!

Here is the full circuit map

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Paul_Ricard.svg
Old 26 Oct 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2320944)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Louis is that unfortunate its the full circuit, or unfortunate there is a chicane.? Look foward to seeing you again i guess we dont get Louis Dijon type breakfast mysteriosly turning up at the Delta Truck.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 08:52 (Ref:2320948)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Looking at you vidios Roger i guess last you turned right at Verriere last year Is that correct.Thanks for map.Wonder if its raing at Mallory today. ?
Old 26 Oct 2008, 11:00 (Ref:2321011)   #18
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Looking at you vidios Roger i guess last you turned right at Verriere last year Is that correct.Thanks for map.Wonder if its raing at Mallory today. ?
The turn before that I think and it came out onto the straight. The chicane on the straight was not in use.

It just really didn't flow well so I'm looking forward to the full circuit!

Not sure about Mallory but a lovely sunny autumn day in Moscow!
Old 26 Oct 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2321034)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Roger. Pooring with rain in sunny Berkshire. Show jumping cancelled.Hence catching up with all the jobs on computor then out to the garage for a tidy up before all the winter projects get under way.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 16:13 (Ref:2321155)   #20
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's about the chicane in the back straight... why do they want a chicane there... anyway, I don't know about the breakfast, you'll see there.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 16:56 (Ref:2322680)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Cup of tea then im off to Dover for last time this year.Glad its the last race been a long year since we set of to Mugello back in March.Anyway looking foward to concoring a new track shame there wont be an Red and White Capri to play with. Will report in next week.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 17:05 (Ref:2322687)   #22
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bring an umbrella (or two)...
Old 28 Oct 2008, 17:42 (Ref:2322708)   #23
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The weather is absolutely crap today but is reported to be better by weekend.I'm going to Spain!
Old 28 Oct 2008, 20:26 (Ref:2322805)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
What,a weekend with Gordon?
Old 28 Oct 2008, 20:31 (Ref:2322811)   #25
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Forecast is miserable - more England than Sth of France.....

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...opnav_business