Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: Who will be the next F1 female
Katherine Legge 10 25.64%
Susie Stoddart 4 10.26%
Sarah Kavanagh 11 28.21%
Danica Patrick 14 35.90%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Jun 2002, 17:05 (Ref:315520)   #1
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next Female F1 Star

I dont think there is any reason why a woman shouldn't be an F1 champion especially nowadays when most things are done for the driver anyway.

so who do you thinks gonna make it to F1 first.

I think Katherine Legge if she could get proper funding and sort her head out.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 17:12 (Ref:315530)   #2
hysen
Racer

hysen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None of the above.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 17:24 (Ref:315536)   #3
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with hysen, none of the above.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 17:30 (Ref:315538)   #4
bart_jacobs
Racer

bart_jacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah,none of the above...an f1 entry maybe but an f1 star??

Last edited by bart_jacobs; 17 Jun 2002 at 17:30.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:02 (Ref:315559)   #5
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i say susie, and a question to the others, if none of the above then who?
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:04 (Ref:315560)   #6
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no one? Its % There simply arent enough female drivers to get an F1 quality female driver. Hell 99% of male drivers arent F1 quality.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:11 (Ref:315568)   #7
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What ever one sleeps with Bernie 1st (can I say that??)
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:36 (Ref:315582)   #8
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no, Benny
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:40 (Ref:315586)   #9
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
I haven't seen a really top female candidate yet. Good drivers, but not top material. Wish I could say differently, I really do. Somehow you always have to suspect that biologically that killer instinct is (mercifully) missing from most girls. Mrs Bobbet aside. There was a girl used to go karting a couple of years ago who was pretty good - maybe about Katherine's age, blonde hair reasonable/good looking, but I can't remember her name. But I think she was the best female driver I came across. Not Susie.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:42 (Ref:315588)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if someone pays for my racing licence, i'll give you boys a run for your money (ask anyone who's been a passenger with me when on a mission, especially my exquisite roundabout manouvres).

putting my own trumpet down for a second, danica may go a long way in america, and susie stands a pretty decent chance of getting somewhere useful in this country.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:43 (Ref:315589)   #11
GM Man
Racer

GM Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about Sarah Fisher...not sure about spelling? =)
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:47 (Ref:315594)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
good call, forgot about her.
ahh, the best quote i've ever heard from an american..
'you have just been passed by a girl'

having thought about it for a nanosecond, sarah's probably got the best chance. there's legions of feminist women in america just gagging for a decent girl to support in racing, sarah fits the bill quite nicely. someone give her a champcar drive before that series goes down the pan and she runs out of money...
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:49 (Ref:315596)   #13
Spinner
Racer

Spinner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one has mentioned one of the most successful lady racers, and the best we have had in years, Amanda Whitiker
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:51 (Ref:315598)   #14
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
I think we may have to wait a wee bit longer yet - the girl who makes it will look like Venus Williams.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:58 (Ref:315606)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bernie said he thought it might be an american hispanic or black girl, attractive, and multilingual a while back, didn't he?
Old 17 Jun 2002, 19:11 (Ref:315616)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Susie Stoddart.....any relation to Paul, maybe we'll see her as a replacement to Mark Webber!
Old 17 Jun 2002, 19:20 (Ref:315623)   #17
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
especially my exquisite roundabout manouvres
You better be straight lining them.....
Old 17 Jun 2002, 21:53 (Ref:315719)   #18
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best bet would be Sarah Fisher, IMO. She should really be in the poll. Failing that, Katherine Legge sure has got ambition. I remember reading about her in Autosport. She could make it, given the right opportunities.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 22:03 (Ref:315726)   #19
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Just out of curiousity - was anyone watching Jensen Button before he entered F1 - and did you think he was F1 material?

Or Webber? Or McNish.

Don't get me wrong - I'm just wondering what people's criteria for assessing F1 capability is
Old 17 Jun 2002, 22:30 (Ref:315741)   #20
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well none of the women candidates have so much as won a major race have they?
Old 17 Jun 2002, 22:48 (Ref:315752)   #21
sgrok
Racer

sgrok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BennyBoy1978
My money's on Katherine Legge then...
Old 18 Jun 2002, 05:57 (Ref:315847)   #22
Jim Tom
Rookie

Jim Tom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jensen button? I saw the tapes of his F3 year (about 10 times over - I love them!), and I have to say he was absolutely stand-out-fantastic-formula-one-material.

No other driver could slide the car like he did (consistently), and his passing moves were great. If anyone remembers, he passed a bunch of people at Silverstone in slippery conditions, and managed to push Narain Karthikeyan(sp?) the full length of a straight after Narain blocked him. Plus, his car looked cool!

Sure, the commentators loved him, but I would say for good reason.

I might also mention that Luciano Burti was great that year too. I wasn't really surprised to see Burti and Button move on to F1, leaving championship winner Marc Hynes behind.

On the women drivers issue, I have to agree that there is too small a percentage women racing drivers, and it would take a miracle for an F1 team to accept one into a seat - they would be accused of pulling media stunts forever.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 06:39 (Ref:315855)   #23
hysen
Racer

hysen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GM Man
How about Sarah Fisher...not sure about spelling? =)
Don't think so, the girl is a danger to herself and everyone else on the track - judging on her performance at Nazareth and the Indy500. She really needs to take a step back as i think she came into the IRL too early.

You have to look at Legge, Stoddart, Kavanagh and Patrick and think that 'what if they were men.' - would we be talking about male drivers with their records making into F1 - i dont think so!
Old 18 Jun 2002, 06:40 (Ref:315856)   #24
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BennyBoy1978
Have you seen Bernie's wife?
Old 18 Jun 2002, 06:52 (Ref:315859)   #25
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about Janine Payne? Has already had a podium in her first season in ARP F3. Julie Clark in Classic FF200. Amanda Whitaker of course twice won the Monoposto championship,and only missed out on a third as she could not afford to do all the rounds.Why she cannot get a sponsor is beyond me. In Germany, Claudia Hurtgen was doing well in F3 before being sidetracked to touring cars.Currently leading DTC.