Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 25 Jun 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2490478)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP Round 7 - Assen

Round 7 is underway at Assen with first practice already on the books. Randy de Puniet was the surprise leader of the session followed by Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo, Dovisioso and Pedrosa. So the usual suspects are all right there. A second covers the top 12 positions. Very tight indeed. And you gotta love this venue.

Bautista, Barbera, di Meglio, Debon and Pasini lead the 250 practice session.

Simon, Gadea, Terol, Smith and Webb lead 125 practice.

On the news front, it was announced that Gresini have signed Marco Simoncelli for 2010. They have also renewed their contract with San Carlo.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2491087)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rossi pole from Pedrosa & Lorenzo...
Old 26 Jun 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2491124)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The usual suspects are right there. But it's tough to call who's on form. Lorenzo was more convincing in morning practice though. Nicky showed good pace in practice also, but faded in qualifying. Both Suzuki riders are there to. Should be a great race.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2491261)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I saw on some of the pics that Stoner's front fairing has a bunch of small holes in it, sort of like some of the 250 bikes do. Anyone know what this is for? Pic credit to crash.net
Attached Thumbnails
PA611407.jpg  
Old 27 Jun 2009, 00:39 (Ref:2491398)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember some of the bikes having these holes in there fairings at Phillip Island some years ago - helps with air flow & blah blah blah
Old 27 Jun 2009, 04:06 (Ref:2491435)   #6
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
I saw on some of the pics that Stoner's front fairing has a bunch of small holes in it, sort of like some of the 250 bikes do. Anyone know what this is for? Pic credit to crash.net
They are to reduce buffeting in high cross winds. The holes reduce the surface area of the fairing against which the wind can react as well as improving air flow over and through the fairing.
Old 27 Jun 2009, 05:24 (Ref:2491447)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
They are to reduce buffeting in high cross winds. The holes reduce the surface area of the fairing against which the wind can react as well as improving air flow over and through the fairing.
Ah that makes sense then. Ducati have complained about the effect of the wind in the past.
Old 27 Jun 2009, 05:57 (Ref:2491455)   #8
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A closer look
Old 27 Jun 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2491489)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Lorenzo was 1/10th quicker than Rossi in final practice - think it could be another Yamaha 1-2 at Assen...
Old 27 Jun 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2491541)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Hiroshi Honda
Old 27 Jun 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2491563)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I forgot that it was Holland on Saturday this year, I've gotta work now, and I don't have access to a recorder right now. Judging by the first couple of laps, I'm missing a cracker. Dramatic finish to the 250s too I gather?
Old 27 Jun 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2491581)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Only Rossi could stage manage an ending like that for his 100th win !!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Jun 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2491650)   #13
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
just .. Rossi ..

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Jun 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2491653)   #14
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stoner almost barfed during his post-race interview. I wonder what's wrong with him if he was okay earlier in the week and then got ill again during the weekend.
Old 27 Jun 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2491700)   #15
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rossi is his Kryptonite ??

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Jun 2009, 19:57 (Ref:2491710)   #16
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
le .. after watching the BBC version I'm watching the Eurosport one
with about 4 laps to go Hayden goes at the back of the group .. both commentators wonder what happened and then after a small pause .. "I blame dePuinet" .. that alone made me spill the beer I was enjoying ..
Randy was a bit erratic today .. he was fast and could've scored much better if he wasn't so impatient

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Jun 2009, 20:18 (Ref:2491716)   #17
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dumb penalty in the 125s, why not just move Terol back to 3rd if they felt it justified a penalty? Putting him back to 5th is plain stupid, what happened was a racing incident to be fair, Simon was never going to make the corner anyway. He should appeal.
Old 27 Jun 2009, 22:00 (Ref:2491741)   #18
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
What a boring race that was, the battle for 6th was good for TV - congrats to Rossi on his 100th GP win, great celebration too...
Old 28 Jun 2009, 06:09 (Ref:2491830)   #19
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStHubbins View Post
Stoner almost barfed during his post-race interview. I wonder what's wrong with him if he was okay earlier in the week and then got ill again during the weekend.
Casey was taken to the medical center after the podium:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76579
Old 28 Jun 2009, 06:46 (Ref:2491840)   #20
Ricky Bobby
Racer

Australia
Ricky Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Ah that makes sense then. Ducati have complained about the effect of the wind in the past.
Are you talking about the effect of the wind on their bike, or the wind that comes from their rider...
Old 28 Jun 2009, 09:20 (Ref:2491870)   #21
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Casey was taken to the medical center after the podium:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76579
I wonder if he would have felt OK at the end if the works Yamaha team took each other out ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Jun 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2492825)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was definately the most boring bike race I have EVER seen

Knew it was going to be rubbish after 4 laps, write down the order that was likely and was spot on.

Utter rubbish and a shameful advert for bikesport in general
Old 28 Jun 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2492829)   #23
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Was definately the most boring bike race I have EVER seen
We must have seen different races. The battle for sixth was mostly what was on my television and that was like a bunch of blind mentalists on a day-out on motorbikes. Not boring!
Old 28 Jun 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2492896)   #24
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly I watch races for the lead battle, 6th place doesnt really get me excited I'm afraid.

AS many of said before and it holds true, second is first loser, sixth is not even playing the same sport.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 07:39 (Ref:2493048)   #25
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Sadly I watch races for the lead battle, 6th place doesnt really get me excited I'm afraid.

AS many of said before and it holds true, second is first loser, sixth is not even playing the same sport.
If Rossi's leading, I don't mind so much

WSS has been the best this year for battles for the lead. Stonkingly, heart attack inducingly good.