Sunday 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Aug 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2745954)   #1
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
The 360 MRC six hour - Sat or Sun...you have your say

Ok folks

Thanks again for all your comments re the race at the weekend. We now really want to involve YOU in the running of this event, so, this is the first of a "have your say" type thing and if EP wants to turn this into a poll for us, that would be great, we will do the same with the competitors.

I need to know from you if you prefer this event on a SATURDAY or a SUNDAY

Please reply with just a SAT or a SUN (or if this is a poll now, cast your vote)

Dont need to know reasons and we need to be quick, as I have stated before, its all systems go for 2011!

Let us know

Thanks again
Old 17 Aug 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2745959)   #2
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sat
Old 17 Aug 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2746122)   #3
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some years ago you would always get 50% more marshals on a Sunday but these days it's closer but Sunday is slightly ahead. There are also many who like to make a weekend of it in tents/caravan.

Seems to me that if you can find a club that want's a one-day for a non-enduro meeting and you got together for weekend hire rates, you might satisfy many marshals with 2 fairly different days.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 22:47 (Ref:2746294)   #4
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
indeed, although if people are travelling a good distance then a Sunday race may mean them taking the Monday off work. Unless they are hardcore like Mr M Kelly
Old 17 Aug 2010, 23:27 (Ref:2746315)   #5
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Claire,

With several other clubs we find that those running an Endurance meeting will normally run on the Saturday for example Britcar or Funcup and then as Peter suggested possibly link indirectly or directly with another club running a multi race programme on the Sunday.

Two benefits - from a marshalling aspect - many will volunteer if there is a mixed programme of different racing over the whole weekend and it is perhaps more justifiable (expense wise) to travel and to camp etc, and also as it possible that there may be slightly lower numbers available on a Saturday owing to work / family commitments it is possible to run endurance races with these slightly lower numbers combined with Safety Car / Recovery support than on a multi race short distance /time programme when manpower is more critical.

I can think of a club or two that may want a Sunday date!!

Terry
Old 18 Aug 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2746588)   #6
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like Saturday is a favourite for 15 of us at least, and if sunday has a different card then all well and good, maybe more will travel and spend the weekend
Old 18 Aug 2010, 14:43 (Ref:2746591)   #7
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I was working as a courier I couldn't do both days as boring stuff like shopping and cooking must be done sometime! However, I'd volunteer for one day at least over the weekend;usually the Saturday, as I knew that would be the "light" day in terms of marshal numbers. This is possibly because Saturday is mainly qualifying, with mainly racing on Sunday...Plus at Brands, it kicks off an hour later!
Old 18 Aug 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2746650)   #8
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding View Post
Seems to me that if you can find a club that want's a one-day for a non-enduro meeting and you got together for weekend hire rates, you might satisfy many marshals with 2 fairly different days.
Was gonna say the same thing. Wouldn't matter to me if it was Sat or Sun, as long as there is something on the other day nearby. Two-day events almost always get priorty for me - doesn't matter if it's the same club or not.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 19:01 (Ref:2746711)   #9
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elaine and I aren't bothered when it is, as we're deffo be there, last Sunday was just awesome
Old 20 Aug 2010, 06:43 (Ref:2747459)   #10
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks all for your comments and votes, if you haven't voted then please do as we will take whatever the result is as of close of business tonight

Thanks again