Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 7 Sep 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1401419)   #51
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Superbike Planet gets aboard the Sete - Ducati train.

Quote:
The word has been that Valentino Rossi will run in a one-man team, with Jerry Burgess calling the shots from the garage, but Rossi has intimated that he wants Colin Edwards as a team-mate.

The other intereting thing Alex are your comments about Kawasaki and Eckl. Personally I was sick of him after he got rid of all the Australians involved.

Okay, so I ask this of everyone - If you were Sete would you goto Ducati or would you try and stay with Honda? I've allways been a 'Devil you know rather than the devil you don't know' man myself and I'd rather be on a bike that can pull through %80 of the year, as opposed to a bike that may pull the goods together in the right circumstances. Gee, this is real 90s Cagiva stuff - the more things change the more they stay the same eh?
Old 10 Sep 2005, 12:23 (Ref:1403668)   #52
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Sete would be a fool to go to Ducati to be honest, he is a nhumber one rider with Honda and should in my opnion stay where he is
Having said that, he has got nowhere with Vale this year, even more than the two previous years where he at least beat him occasionally.
He will no doubt be very well paid if he goes to Duke.
Even more weird is the fact that Honda clearly rate him as he was allowed to test the new bike. Maybe this was just a load of typical HRC post 8 hour stuff that prevents them from winning so may races.
Think Tamada will be lucky to keep his ride and aybe Roberts should get a chance on a decent bike somewhere, for a cut wage to see if he has the hunger to fight for decent reults still. I kow a lot of you guys dont rate him at all, but I think he still his the mental toughness at least to match Vale, maybe not the speed though
Old 17 Sep 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1410029)   #53
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots..."
Intersting questions there Alex. Perhaps if Kawasaki supply a second team they will put Jacque and Hoffman on those bikes, with Nakano joined by Biaggi on the factory machines?
Boots AFAIK Kawasaki is staying as two bike operation, but no one knows, apart from Eckl, I suppose, who will be #2 in Kawasaki racing Team. Possibly Alex Hofmann is out to do World Superbike, and Olivier Jacque number 2 at KRT.

They wanted to give Max 3-4 M E, but it's better for them that is stayong in the Honda camp. They need to improve R&D of RR, and maybe... change the tyre supplier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots...
I can't see any argument for keeping Bayliss, and I can't see anyone else hiring him.
We were talking about it, I checked... Bostrom has not signed contract with Ducati Austin, maybe he won't sign, so there is a room to fill for Bayliss, or maybe... MV Agusta in WSBK?

In fact only HRC team has signed riders (Pedrosa and Hayden).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
I think Sete would be a fool to go to Ducati to be honest, he is a nhumber one rider with Honda and should in my opnion stay where he is
Having said that, he has got nowhere with Vale this year, even more than the two previous years where he at least beat him occasionally.
He will no doubt be very well paid if he goes to Duke.
Fausto lost his support from Telefonica, so Gresini cannot pay checks to Gibernau (Duke is offering 3 to 4 M Euros), I pressume Toni Elias is heading to Gresini with Altadis money. The second rider will be Marco AFAIK. And even if Gibernau would stay to Gresini, he would not be treated like this year... HRC will have their lineup of dreams with Hayden and Pedrosa, they will get the newest parts from HRC first...

I heard the rumours that Chris Vermeulen, in did is in talks with Sito Pons so maybe he really wants to step up? He deserves the ride. I think Max Biaggi won't move to Kawasaki so Chris may be Max's teammate. Tamada AFAIK is staying with Japan Italy Racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
The other sillyness was that Rossi would go onto a single bike, with Elias and Edwards on the seperate Works bikes and Tech3 getting the flick.
It's not the sillynes Hazza. Rossi's support at his one-bike team will be Alice and Nastro Azzuro, Michelin will give him HIS (favourite) tyre. But, Rossi wants Colin in the team, so it seems Tech 3 is out?
If Altadis step down, as they are doing now, Tech 3 has no money, maybe has no bike, because Luis D'Antin wants better treatment, and better bike than he has from Duke. And it is strong link that Yamaha will give D'Antin a bike, maybe two... if Luis find someone with cash (Xaus?). Roby Rolfo is staying.

AFAIK Denning knows who do Japanese VIP's wants in MotoGP... but until we will known from Paul, there are four candidates: James Toseland, James Ellison, Kenny Roberts Jr., Shane Byrne.
The problem at Suzuki MotorGP is, that prototype progamme is nowhere near Superbike one. Suzuki has world class Superbike stars like Mat Mladin (the Rossi on Superbike), Troy Corser, Yukio Kagayama, Atsushi Watanabe, and even very young, but fighting till the last meter of last race at VIR, with Mladin, Ben Spies. I think Suze should give him a chance to ride. AFAIK no one of top SBK/SSP Suzuki stars do not wish to sign with Suzuki MotoGP, and I understand them! Moto GP programme has no sponsors, lack of power GSV-R, wrong (money) choice of tyre supply, etc. In SBK GSX-R1000 K5 is flying, and is the bike to beat...

Team Roberts: if they find money they will run, expect pay rider, **** tyres (possibly Dunlop) and part-time programme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
Whats wrong with Xaus (spiderman)
No man, there's only one Spiderman... Helio Castroneves. Tech 3 has second hand Yamahas, that is their problem. They are lacking strongly with power... sometimes you can see, how Suzukis and Tech 3 Yamahas are "stopping" on the long straight and some Rossi, Edwards or Hayden just flying on one side or other of these bikes.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 02:44 (Ref:1424113)   #54
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/19974/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed TV
A lot has changed since then, but now there seems to be growing chance that Camel, currently sponsoring the Honda Pons team with Troy Bayliss and Alex Barros, will move to Suzuki where John Hopkins has signed for two more years. The other rider could be Max Biaggi who has Camel personal sponsorship but who might be asking for more money than Suzuki and Camel can afford. The other possibility is Carlos Checa who was told this weekend in Qatar that Ducati would not take up his option for 2006. According to a spokesman for Camel Spain present in Qatar, Camel sponsorship of the Suzuki team would not necessarily be based upon Biaggi entering the team and that Camel Spain is interested in having a Spanish rider.

If Camel stays with Pons, Camel Spain will push for Checa entering that team in place of Alex Barros.

Very reliable sources in the Qatar paddock for this weekend’s MotoGP race report that after meetings with Suzuki team director Paul Denning, Camel representatives were interested in the prospect of moving from a satellite Honda team to a full works Suzuki team, and that the sponsorship fee offered to Suzuki is much less than that currently paid to the Pons team
Thoughts?
Old 6 Oct 2005, 01:52 (Ref:1424933)   #55
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats a great column from Dennis Noyes!

I wish he wrote 1 every week
Old 7 Oct 2005, 14:16 (Ref:1426499)   #56
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bayliss is still a great Superbike rider, but he's failed to truly shine in MotoGP, and is too old to be a good investment for the future. If he gets a WSBK or AMA ride, he's an automatic championship candidate, no question.

If Pons were to lose Camel, how big a financial mess would he be in?

My choice for the second Suzuki would be Shaky, but I'd like to see them run a second team, or at least a third bike, if possible. Kagayama might be a good option, he's done okay in MotoGP in the past.

D'Antin going back to Yamaha would be interesting, and would leave Tech 3 in trouble - maybe Yamaha could put them in 250s or WSBK? Or become a second semi-works Suzuki team?
Old 7 Oct 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1426643)   #57
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On 250s, i notice that in Noyes latest column he alludes the the KTM 250cc project being stopped, is this correct?
Old 8 Oct 2005, 01:16 (Ref:1426909)   #58
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Rumours have been spread that it's been stopped.

And yes, it has...

...untill Europe as they don't have enough engine parts to keep going.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 22:47 (Ref:1428867)   #59
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Suzuki have not been smart enough to give Mladin a run in MotoGP before. I doubt they will be smart enough now.

Should have been in their factory team years ago.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 04:29 (Ref:1429062)   #60
asha
Veteran

Quote:
Rumours have been spread that it's been stopped.

And yes, it has...

...untill Europe as they don't have enough engine parts to keep going.
I think, stopped means stopped entirely.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 04:48 (Ref:1429066)   #61
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktm/Ant West
I'm always keen to race, but the team feels it's best not to take any risks. It's the right decision because of the engine issues. This is a new bike so you have to expect some problems. There's not much we can do to change anything at the moment because we are in the middle of the four 'flyaway' races. I'm told there will new (engine) parts when we get back to Europe."
http://www.mcnews.com.au/motorcycler...race_westy.htm
Old 11 Oct 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1431295)   #62
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i decided to stick the thread . haven't reached the end of 2005 yet and already thinkin about 2006 . it's not my fault Rossi won the championship already

Ciao Marco
Old 16 Oct 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1435081)   #63
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kawasaki sign Randy de Puniet:
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...d=6&nid=120803
Old 16 Oct 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1435121)   #64
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hmmm... Interesting.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 16:47 (Ref:1435246)   #65
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good move .. Randy is a more than capable rider . .. and it's a fact . even if i'm a fan of his

Ciao Marco
Old 16 Oct 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1435257)   #66
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Neither Jacque nor Hoffman really merits remaining in MotoGP, and it's nice to see them giving a 'ladder series' rider a chance. I don't think de Puniet is a potential champion, but he should be good backup for Shinya and has plenty of time to learn the ropes.
Old 17 Oct 2005, 05:32 (Ref:1435684)   #67
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
Pedrosa is good , but is he as good as valentino ???
Marcus....no one is as good as valentino bu Danny will do well IMHO

I saw this in another thread and was wondering if anything new was about it
Jerry Burgess and Colin Ewards are pushing like mad to get Stoner to Yamaha

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_vie...id=6&nid=120621

I a also caught the tailend of the telecast of the motobikes and mick doohan was asked about this & he said if casey gets a sponsor hes going to yamaha/motogp - did anyone else catch that...?
Old 17 Oct 2005, 06:20 (Ref:1435701)   #68
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Yes I did catch that.
My thoughts would be that it could be one of three things:

Alice Yamaha - Rossi
Gauloise/Whatever Yamaha - Stoner/Edwards

Alice Yamaha - Rossi/Edwards
LCR Racing Yamaha - Stoner

Alice Yamaha - Rossi/Edwards
Fortuna Tech 3 - Elias/Stoner.

Internet rumours had it that LCR wanted to run a MotoGP Bike, they've run cross class before, and they have a great relationship with Stoner.
Elias has impressed me, but obviously i'm not the one he needs to impress, I'd keep him.
More Internet rumours have it that Rossi wants Edwards in his team (Please be so ) so maybe a 1-Bike team is not going to happen?
Old 20 Oct 2005, 04:46 (Ref:1438544)   #69
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Quote:
Speaking after the Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island, the Japanese controller of all things Honda Racing stated that although new wonder kid Dani Pedrosa will ride for the full works Repsol team for 2006, it will be Nick Hayden and Marco Melandri that will develop the evolution V5 machine.
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Oct/tb/051019b.htm
Old 20 Oct 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1439210)   #70
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Word on the "street" (Ie: Superbikeplanet.com) is that Checa is on his way out @ Ducati.
He's even given the same speach as Troy - "Its a shame, it really could be a good bike."
Old 21 Oct 2005, 01:23 (Ref:1439278)   #71
asha
Veteran

Yeah its almost certain that Ducati is going with Sete and Loris.

Big questions are what will happen to Checa, Barros & Biaggi.
Seems Kenny will stay at Suzuki if he wants.
Seems that Xaus and Troy are going back to the future (WSBK)
Seems Elias will join Melandri
Old 21 Oct 2005, 02:28 (Ref:1439290)   #72
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumour has it that Checa and Biaggi will both go to the Pons Camel Honda team and this is the main reason that there is no place for Chris V in 2006.
Barros????
Old 22 Oct 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1440568)   #73
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
How many bad seasons can you have as a world title holder with your team before you leave? 5.

Quote:
"Suzuki has made this decision because it must look towards the future and the new breed of motorcycles and racers that are due to arrive on the scene," he explained. "We need to place Suzuki back at the forefront of grand prix racing and we must take a fresh and new approach in order to achieve that.
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...d=6&nid=121136

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Oct/051022b.htm
Old 23 Oct 2005, 10:18 (Ref:1441141)   #74
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
How many bad seasons can you have as a world title holder with your team before you leave? 5.

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...d=6&nid=121136

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Oct/051022b.htm
...and this leaves the door open for Vermeulen...

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...d=6&nid=121177

...and will that leave the door open for Toseland to go to Ten Kate Honda (to kick Ducati-butt)???
Old 23 Oct 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1441255)   #75
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like Vermeulen has the Suzuki ride, although nothing's official yet. Roberts looks unlikely to sort anything else out for 2006, unless his dad can run him.