Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Sep 2011, 01:54 (Ref:2949189)   #1
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Change in the Big House already?

Whitaker to become International Director

This caught my eye and made me wonder if this is the start of the next true growth phase for V8 Supercars?

You choose to promote from within for good reason and Martin is very experienced.

Who might the new helms person be?
Old 1 Sep 2011, 03:19 (Ref:2949206)   #2
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talk about a sideways step, but then the blokes got the connections to do that job and now able to focus on that.

My money is Skaife becoming CEO, unless the new owners want there own man in there to keep a closer eye on there investment......
Old 1 Sep 2011, 03:30 (Ref:2949209)   #3
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would V8 Supercars Television want to break up the commentary team and would the CEO role allow Mark to keep commentating?

I'm sure it would stop him from racing in the enduros!
Old 1 Sep 2011, 03:31 (Ref:2949210)   #4
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
My money is Skaife becoming CEO,
Can someone tell me how Skaife has become the guru and kingpin of all things V8Supercars?
Old 1 Sep 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2949238)   #5
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Can someone tell me how Skaife has become the guru and kingpin of all things V8Supercars?
Because everyone on this forum always puts him there! They never seem to mention anyone else. Reasons unknown...
Old 1 Sep 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2949243)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will Uncle Tony resume the same dual role as held previously?

And while Mr Skaife is undoubtedly a very connected individual, with recent experience in most facets of the sport, leading and operating an international business across the world is not something we have seen from him previously. Not saying he couldnt step up, but somehow its probably unlikely
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Sep 2011, 10:49 (Ref:2949321)   #7
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
I'm sure it would stop him from racing in the enduros!
his new role for next year already stops him from doing after the 2nd weekend in October
Old 1 Sep 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2949676)   #8
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
He's got 10 fingers in 10 pies, simple. And he's got some decent brain matter between his ears.....
Old 1 Sep 2011, 23:39 (Ref:2949682)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
and a history of not being a good boss and taking organisations from the top to just average and also struggling to pay his bills
Old 1 Sep 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2949689)   #10
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But why was Whitaker pushed aside?
Old 3 Sep 2011, 11:13 (Ref:2950264)   #11
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
But why was Whitaker pushed aside?
This is the main question. If all was well, you'd think he'd hang around until a replacement was found, rather than have Shane Howard acting CEO again. Perhaps they should just give it to him permanently!

So did Whitaker quit the CEO job or was he booted out?
Old 3 Sep 2011, 13:14 (Ref:2950282)   #12
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After 1992, i'm suprised Skafie stayed in Aussie to be honest.

I would be shocked if he were to become CEO.
Old 1 Dec 2011, 07:02 (Ref:2993806)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New CEO For V8Supercar

Mr Malone reportedly comes from a lengthy media background. Should help in renegotiating the new teev deal, but also in deconstructing and reconstructing the V8Supercar entertainment product.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Dec 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2993924)   #14
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
He's got 10 fingers in 10 pies, simple. And he's got some decent brain matter between his ears.....
Yep - but he can't design a street circuit to save his life...