Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Sep 2011, 02:37 (Ref:2959375)   #26
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
Recipricating mass affects the engines ability to get to the liliter faster, not 4 valves. 4 valves help over about 8500rpm.
Is that so?........thanks for that Racenut, I wasn't aware. Like you said the restrictor would play an important role.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 05:37 (Ref:2959390)   #27
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't expect a Hyundai V8 Supercar anytime soon... The Genesis sedan is not even expected to come to Australia - in this guise or the next!

Hyundai's Korean sister would be more likely... But then, the engines currently on sale in the Optima don't exactl scream "sporty".
Old 22 Sep 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2959470)   #28
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If I was the boss at Hyundai, or Nissan or whoever I would not want to race my car if I could not have the option to run my engine.

I'm pretty sure Rhys Millen's Hyundai Pikes Peak and Drift mobiles are powered by Nissan powerplants.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 11:23 (Ref:2959492)   #29
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As I understand it the future rules will allow all types of petrol V8 engines.

If Each engine was the same capacity, with the same air restrictor, and same weights for internal compnents they will all make similar power (and at the same rate). Recipricating mass affects the engines ability to get to the liliter faster, not 4 valves. 4 valves help over about 8500rpm.
Link to the change of rules allowing all types of motors please.

As for the rest of it, that is all motors of different breeds and types accelerating at the same rate, I don't think so. If a motor gets peak torque at a 1000 rpm earlier than another motor there is a difference is there not.

What they need is run what ya brung on a given amount of fuel, then we will see who is clever and who is not. Then you will encourage manufacturers to get involved because they can market what they achieve. When was the last time you saw an advert eulogising the performance of a Ford or Holden in the daily press and linking it to a sales campaign. Simply put there is no linkage between the race results and the road cars as there once was.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 03:44 (Ref:2959809)   #30
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Why not put Ford rocker covers on a chev? Because its not.
Same reason they put Holden rocker covers on a Chev, or a Ford diff in a Holden, wishbones in a Holden or Holinger gearbox’s in everything?
Old 23 Sep 2011, 04:48 (Ref:2959813)   #31
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrosNZ View Post
I'm pretty sure Rhys Millen's Hyundai Pikes Peak and Drift mobiles are powered by Nissan powerplants.
Wrong.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 07:15 (Ref:2959844)   #32
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
really?

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...by-nissan.html

I remember hearing the PM580 was too but I guess I was mistaken.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 07:49 (Ref:2959853)   #33
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
It was Nissan powered for one event.

After that it was all Hyundai.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 20:53 (Ref:2960148)   #34
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNZ View Post
Here's a conspiracy theory for you - the Kiwi V8 Supertourers chassis' are being built in Q'Land........and their Facebook page says that they are 'working hard on a 3rd manufacturer' ??????
Anything is possible, but it won't have a Hyundai V8 in it
Old 15 Dec 2011, 23:44 (Ref:3000514)   #35
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a Hyundai V8 but not a V8 Supercar (well it will race with supercars...). Apparently Hyundai is not interested in taxi racing

www.austechmotorsport.com
Old 16 Dec 2011, 00:16 (Ref:3000537)   #36
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
It is a Hyundai V8 but not a V8 Supercar (well it will race with supercars...). Apparently Hyundai is not interested in taxi racing

My point was that there will never be a Hyundai V8 in a SuperTourer. That class has a spec engine and it's GM sourced.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 00:24 (Ref:3000541)   #37
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Hyundai would be crazy to join V8 supercars........the category only exists for the benefit of holden and they would merely be providing holden with someone else to beat, just as Ford are doing.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 03:55 (Ref:3000610)   #38
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNZ View Post
Here's a conspiracy theory for you - the Kiwi V8 Supertourers chassis' are being built in Q'Land........and their Facebook page says that they are 'working hard on a 3rd manufacturer' ??????
I doubt there will be a 3rd make in Supertourers.
From what I understand anyone can make a shell for any make.
But you have to pay ST to run it and then turn over the rights to it to them.
In other words you spend all the $$ developing it, then turn over the rights to sell it to ST. A team already looked at Toyota but canned it when they found that out.