Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jun 2004, 00:17 (Ref:1005434)   #26
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if it's good enough for Ayse, it's good enough for me.

(anyone know why my ten't wont go in its bag now?)

Next year maybe MB though.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 00:58 (Ref:1005443)   #27
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Take the Hawaiian Tropic girl out of the tent before you try to put it in the bag

I am giving serious consideration to the idea of Le Mans next year. If I cut out all the beer and save that money, I could probably enter an Audi, and be able to fit thru the airplane door.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 05:20 (Ref:1005498)   #28
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Is that q question ?

The REAL question is : what will we drink next year ?
Old 16 Jun 2004, 10:02 (Ref:1005655)   #29
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will try to make it again.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 10:13 (Ref:1005669)   #30
Critchetti
Rookie

Critchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite attempts to sabotage next years attendance negotiations - arriving home at 3am Tuesday morning, minus door keys and waking up partner who had a final exam later in the day - not going is simply not an option.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 12:03 (Ref:1005761)   #31
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't have a choice. I'm addicted now.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 13:45 (Ref:1005834)   #32
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We better change the thread in: "What is a valid reason to not go to Le Mans?". I beleive Pirenzo had a good one!

...I'll be there!
Old 16 Jun 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1005835)   #33
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Of course I will be going, and I already have a further 19 in our party confirmed to go!
Old 16 Jun 2004, 15:34 (Ref:1005938)   #34
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seriously considering making my debut visit to Le Mans in 2005.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 17:29 (Ref:1006057)   #35
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Is that q question ?

The REAL question is : what will we drink next year ?
Notice that I didn't uncork the Chablis. So, it will be Chablis and Vouvray, Clairette de Die, or any other wine with champenoise method. many liked rosé, why not a rosé de Provence ?
Javi will have the pleasure of giving the red note in this composition.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1006137)   #36
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pascal, what was the name of the Gewürtz? It tasted so good and i have to see if it's available here...
Old 16 Jun 2004, 19:25 (Ref:1006181)   #37
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I haven't chosen any particular bottle. Most Gewurztraminer are tasty. Find it in white wines/Alsace/Gewurz.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 21:50 (Ref:1006321)   #38
Dauntless
Racer

United States
San Francisco Bay Area
Dauntless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going to make a serious effort to join you folks there for the race. Please reserve a bottle of Gewurz for me...
Old 17 Jun 2004, 09:19 (Ref:1006605)   #39
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RIGHT!!!

My debut was 2002. And it was fantastic. Though I'll never do the trip by coach again!

I replied to this thread twelve months ago saying I was definitely going to LM 2004. This time I mean it!!

Thing is, I don't have a crowd to go with as such, so ideally I'd like to tag on with a crew of battle hardened Brits who've been every year since about 1970..

I'm not totally averse to camping, I have all the gear (um, except a tent! ), but at my age a comfy bed is always welcome...

Oh, and I'm quite happy to drive/share driving and bring my car if needed...

And I'm determined to make a proiper trip of it, getting there Wednesday at the latest!!
Old 17 Jun 2004, 09:31 (Ref:1006616)   #40
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
RIGHT!!!

My debut was 2002. And it was fantastic. Though I'll never do the trip by coach again!

I replied to this thread twelve months ago saying I was definitely going to LM 2004. This time I mean it!!

Thing is, I don't have a crowd to go with as such, so ideally I'd like to tag on with a crew of battle hardened Brits who've been every year since about 1970..

I'm not totally averse to camping, I have all the gear (um, except a tent! ), but at my age a comfy bed is always welcome...

Oh, and I'm quite happy to drive/share driving and bring my car if needed...

And I'm determined to make a proiper trip of it, getting there Wednesday at the latest!!
You don't need a crowd to go with. I went there alone from Sweden and the fantastic people of Le Mans goers will always help you if needed!
And about the tent, buy a cheap tent at your nearest gas station and hope for a sunny weekend, that's what i did....
Old 17 Jun 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1006667)   #41
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I certainly intend to be there, and hopefully camping again as it was so much better than the dreaded coach trip.

And here's a threat to you all, I will try very hard to bring a bottle of English white wine to the meeting and prove that we do produce more than just beer!
Old 17 Jun 2004, 12:06 (Ref:1006808)   #42
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
11th/12th June would be excellent, what better way to "celebrate" my 40th birthday.....
Old 17 Jun 2004, 12:10 (Ref:1006819)   #43
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
I will try very hard to bring a bottle of English white wine to the meeting
I'll be there, definitely !

Quote:
Originally posted by iucrmh
11th/12th June would be excellent, what better way to "celebrate" my 40th birthday.....
I just did this year : mind to bring the champoo bottle !

Last edited by Fab; 17 Jun 2004 at 12:11.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 14:13 (Ref:1006983)   #44
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dauntless
I am going to make a serious effort to join you folks there for the race.
I look forward to continuing our conversation on exhaust notes there!

FG
Old 17 Jun 2004, 15:24 (Ref:1007070)   #45
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
:confused:

Now I'm confused. Surely there is no discussion on exhaust notes?

There's the Corvette. And then there's everything else.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 15:26 (Ref:1007071)   #46
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Garcon - I went with Spoonerboro and AllonFS this year and really enjoyed the camping thing as we were in a motorhome. I am already considering hiring a larger model next year, maybe even a Winebago depending on costs, maybe you'd like to join us? Allon - what do you think to a return visit next year?? I hope you enjoyed the trip?
Old 17 Jun 2004, 23:03 (Ref:1007463)   #47
Raceshot
Rookie

Raceshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A year without Le Mans ? NOT !!!
Like this year we'll be there from tuesday till monday with a motorhome.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 07:50 (Ref:1007616)   #48
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Garcon - I went with Spoonerboro and AllonFS this year and really enjoyed the camping thing as we were in a motorhome. I am already considering hiring a larger model next year, maybe even a Winebago depending on costs, maybe you'd like to join us? Allon - what do you think to a return visit next year?? I hope you enjoyed the trip?
Try and stop me mate. I had a great time with you guys, (and Tim and Phil), and would certainly like to do the same again next year. I'd love to see the look on the man at the gate on Thursday evening if we turned up in a Winebago... Maybe just a larger model of motorhome to avoid a hearty (hey Spoonerboro)? It was definitely my best Le Mans yet for meeting people and seeing the race from nearly all my favourite vantage points, (only missed out on the Porsche curves). Thanks again guys.

(P.S. Only just picked up your text Craig, mobile has gone away for another year! Journey back was fine and as you can tell, I had an excellent time)
Old 18 Jun 2004, 08:56 (Ref:1007648)   #49
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: 40th

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I just did this year : mind to bring the champoo bottle !
Not much hair left to need shampoo, ohh, oops, that's not what you meant. I'll dig out some English sparkling wine for the occasion, might be tricky to keep cool on the journey though.
BTW, sorry to miss you guys on the Sunday, I kept nodding off to sleep (literally for a few seconds at a time) in the Pits Grandstand after finally managing the whole night without sleep (wasn't it cold during the night this year!).
Old 18 Jun 2004, 10:43 (Ref:1007732)   #50
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Craig, AllonFS & Spoonerboro - make that a date chaps!!!

A Winnebago sounds like an ace idea! Can you drive one of those on a car licence?! Realistically, I suspect costs may be a bit high, but it'd definitely be cool!

Last edited by garcon; 18 Jun 2004 at 10:48.