Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 26 Apr 2003, 03:57 (Ref:581255)   #1
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trois-Rivieres Grand Prix

Anyone gone to this? Any cheap accomodations near the track? Thoughts on accomodations?
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 26 Apr 2003, 21:49 (Ref:581697)   #2
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tros-Rivières has been in my wish list for years - sadly it will continue to be there for the foresseable future, Jay.
Old 27 Apr 2003, 07:20 (Ref:581860)   #3
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't do what I did when I went in 1984,and arrive on Saturday without any accomodation.Nearest room was in Quebec City so I ended up sleeping in the cenetary.A lovely place to visit,much nicer than the Sanair 'Superspeedway' I went to the following weekend.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 01:38 (Ref:584468)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three Rivers is a small town and most of the accommodations are bespoke quite early. We camped last year and there was plenty of space; very pleasant site on the grounds of the high school, and an easy walk to the track across a field. Three Rivers also has a huge swimming pool that is open on race day and you can watch the race on the Jumbotron from a pool float. A couple of my friends did that and they recommend it. Poolside there was a big display by the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame, and the driver autograph session was there. Lucas Luhr ended up in the pool, fully dressed in his race suit and everything.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 03:04 (Ref:584516)   #5
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
I've already found the very limited accomdations seem to be booked up nearby. I'll call the organizers though as they seem to offer some help to people finding rooms. I'll try the youth hostel too.. camping would be difficult.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 30 Apr 2003, 19:30 (Ref:585502)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
I might just have a room...and so close to the circuit I'll need accreditation to get to it !
Old 17 Jul 2003, 02:47 (Ref:663516)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Just thought I'd bring back this topic as the event is nearing... anyone coming other than Liz, djb and myself?