Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 11 Sep 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1092979)   #1
halecmini
Racer

United Kingdom
worcs
halecmini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula jedi ---- mallory

hi everyone, just abit of a moan really....not sure if anyone else feels the same way as i do?!?

so i'm gonna have a quick moan...
moan no.1

we're at mallory tomorrow, yet again a pretty good grid for FJ... every other race tomorrow if 20 mins long EXCEPT the FJ which is 15mins...why!?!?

we are paying the same entry fees as everyone else if not more...

I know people say we would run out of fuel but that is rudish. I can quite easily do a full 30mins test session on a tank. I understand that the 1000's use more fuel but surly they do a 20 min race!!!

moan no.2

when we were at oulton we had a fantastic grid a great race but we were the last race of the day!? Which is fine apart from the formula fords and the radicals BOTH having TWO races before we had ONE?!? surely they would preffer to have a bit more time between there races to sort out any problems?!?!???? and I know i would of liked to of got home earlier!!!

can anyone explain?!?

yeah I know i'm a moaning git

can wait for tomorrow tho its gonna rain woooooohooooo
Old 11 Sep 2004, 17:23 (Ref:1093100)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Your second point is totally valid: second races for series having double-headers should only happen after everyone has had one race.

First point - I seem to rememeber a F Honda (as it was then) race being reduced in length at the request of the drivers (as I thoughT). Was that not the case? Perhaps your co-ordinator has the answer.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 18:56 (Ref:1093142)   #3
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
according to my finals the Jedi race is before the FF1600 and VSR second races?
Old 11 Sep 2004, 19:28 (Ref:1093156)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, but the poster was talking about a previous meeting.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 19:02 (Ref:1094325)   #5
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Formula jedi ---- mallory

Quote:
Originally posted by halecmini

moan no.2

when we were at oulton we had a fantastic grid a great race but we were the last race of the day!? Which is fine apart from the formula fords and the radicals BOTH having TWO races before we had ONE?!? surely they would preffer to have a bit more time between there races to sort out any problems?!?!???? and I know i would of liked to of got home earlier!!!

can anyone explain?!?

yeah I know i'm a moaning git

can wait for tomorrow tho its gonna rain woooooohooooo
1. I agree with your sentiments about same entry fee, shorter races.
2. I went to the Oulton meeting when the Jedi and Radicals were there - but only in a spectating capacity. The Formula Fords weren't on that programme. If they had been there, they would have had two races, but not the same cars. We have enough entries to split into two separate grids.
3. I don't think much of your weather forecasting. There wasn't any rain in the parts of Mallory Park I was at this afternoon.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 09:57 (Ref:1094883)   #6
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave,
The 15min race time was set as standard after we did a 20min race at Snett last year and most of the top 10 cars (all 1000cc) ran out of fuel either on the last lap or on the slow down lap resulting in some drivers trying to push their cars to the line...oops.

There are quite a few different sized fuel tanks out there and added to that the flatslide carbs use alot more fuel than standard carbs.

I know what you mean about Oulton Park and fully agree, we should have been racing straight after all the other series had completed their first race. The Radicals were moaning that their races were too close together thus not allowing them to fix damage etc..... BRSCC, I hope you are listening!!

Also having to hang around for over 5 hours between qualy and race is a pain especially when a majority of our grid had a long way to travel, but then again they were nice enough to allocate the garages for F.Jedi.

Mallory yesterday was a nightmare for me. After having fuel starvation problems around Gerrards, we thought the fuel reg was dodgy so changed it. But having no way of testing it under speed it was a pure guess. So of course in the race I found out by the first corner it wasnt fixed. So I had fuel problems everywhere apart from the two straights. I was losing almost 5 seconds a lap!! Ho hum.

Ive got a big wait now as I have to miss Rockingham next month due to best man duties, so am taking the time to give the engine a refresh.

See you at Brands.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 08:24 (Ref:1096011)   #7
ofarc
Rookie

ofarc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave/JC,

I totally agree with the time issue at Oulton. It took me 6.5 hours to get there on the Friday night, then had to wait nearly 6 hours between qualifying and racing. Then in the race my engine let go (big end came through engine block) after only 2 laps. It did not make sense that two lots of radicals had all their races before we even got out on the track for our single header. Still it was nice to have the garages!!

I have heard a rumour that next year we might be having longer races, which will be fantastic. I am having my car prepared for a 1000cc engine and will be out at Brands in November. But if anyone has any spare tickets for Rockingham please message me or contact me throught the F Jedi site. I would love to come along. Cheers
Old 14 Sep 2004, 10:53 (Ref:1096156)   #8
halecmini
Racer

United Kingdom
worcs
that would be cool i'm looking forward to next year...maybe doing 600's again or maybe even legends... not sure but am seriously cosidering them.... they have 3 races a day!?! very good racing and its all on telly...

i had another pants day at mallory with the stupid misfire... came 6th got a few points... never mind hey!

off to Iraq in a couple of weeks so won't be doing anymore this year... maybe a mono race later on!!!
Old 14 Sep 2004, 11:30 (Ref:1096181)   #9
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by halecmini
off to Iraq in a couple of weeks so won't be doing anymore this year... maybe a mono race later on!!!
If you're back by early December, I have a race meeting for you and your fellow F Jedi people to do.
Sun 5th December
Anglesey
2 races for £100
Open Single Seaters upto 2000cc
classes to be arranged per entries received.
Sat 4th December
Test Day £75.
Email for Entry forms to ff1600.nw@ntlworld.com
Old 14 Sep 2004, 12:01 (Ref:1096225)   #10
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave, Shame you wont make Brands
Take it carefully in Iraq. How long are you out there for?

Anglesey sounds interesting.... may be a good chance to do some testing.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 15:25 (Ref:1096400)   #11
marblerun
Rookie

marblerun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Dave. I could hear you were having a frustrating time on Sunday. Nice picture of your dad on the jedi site!

JL
Old 14 Sep 2004, 16:12 (Ref:1096441)   #12
halecmini
Racer

United Kingdom
worcs
yeah i'll be back on the 1st of dec so anglesey defo sounds good!!! just hope i can get the ruddy misfire sorted! gonna strip the engine down and check the head gasket!!!

yeah good photo's but it was such a shame it wrecked 2 of his brand new light weight wheels... not happy when it could easily of been avoided.... but thats racing i suppose!!!