Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Aug 2012, 17:33 (Ref:3124659)   #76
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Just spoke to Barry as he has found out that a lot of people didn't receive the entry forms for his one hour race.

If anyone wants an entry form, pm me your email and I'll forward the forms to you.
Lots of people did recieve them Cliff, its just that its rather pricey in the current environment, so he has had a poor response to date.

Are you entering the XJS as I see you're not in the 6 Hrs? We're having a pop in the Marcos

R
Old 25 Aug 2012, 18:14 (Ref:3124682)   #77
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISCracer View Post
Lots of people did recieve them Cliff, its just that its rather pricey in the current environment, so he has had a poor response to date.

Are you entering the XJS as I see you're not in the 6 Hrs? We're having a pop in the Marcos

R
I received mine months ago but only sent it off the other day. It's probably cheaper than last year if you are changing sterling, quite expensive if Euros are your national currency though.
Old 25 Aug 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3124695)   #78
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was just passing on what Barry told me when I spoke to him as I didn't get mine.

I'm not doing the Six Hour as Ian has sold Rod's old MG, nor am I taking the XJS but I am sharing Mike's Tango 924 in Barry's race & am interested to see what lap times we will manage in it as it should be somewhere between the two.
Old 26 Aug 2012, 04:54 (Ref:3124874)   #79
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A standard 2010 1400 Clio will do 3:16
Old 26 Aug 2012, 07:47 (Ref:3124887)   #80
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I wonder what times I can do after a 4 year layoff ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Aug 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3124891)   #81
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Probably the same or quicker than 4 years ago.
Old 26 Aug 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3125504)   #82
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The miserable git is quicker!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
Old 26 Aug 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3125545)   #83
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The miserable git is quicker!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
yes, well, they say the old are dangerous and throw caution to the winds - they have less to lose!
Old 27 Aug 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3126029)   #84
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
a bit quicker than an MGB . . . even with the spares and a few barrels on board
Old 27 Aug 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3126047)   #85
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I could take a barrel to Spa if tenthers want it ?
A bit like taking coals to Newcastle
Let me have some feedback !

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 27 Aug 2012 at 22:08.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Aug 2012, 05:28 (Ref:3126151)   #86
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Only one barrel, or is it a 45 gallon barrel?
Old 28 Aug 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3126222)   #87
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like a plan to me.
Old 28 Aug 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3126271)   #88
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Straight glass please
Old 28 Aug 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3126464)   #89
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Straight glass for me also

Maybe we should all chip in towards the barrel?
Old 28 Aug 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3126510)   #90
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Straight glass for me also

Maybe we should all chip in towards the barrel?
No, if you guys want it my sponsor will supply it FOC
Just right for Friday night !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
538738_3894335237221_1244267403_3647563_426386041_n.jpg  

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 28 Aug 2012 at 20:06.
Old 28 Aug 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3126516)   #91
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Whilst I hope we (the team) won't have the time to enjoy it, it would be great if you set it up in our pit garage for the 6 hrs. We could do with the support!
Old 28 Aug 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3126519)   #92
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Whilst I hope we (the team) won't have the time to enjoy it, it would be great if you set it up in our pit garage for the 6 hrs. We could do with the support!
But we've got to get up early Sunday morning and I don't think I can hold out for an hours race without a pee stop !
Old 28 Aug 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3126531)   #93
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Gotta be Friday night in the shopping centre.
Old 28 Aug 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3126555)   #94
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I've actually been training over the weekend at the Tunbridge wells music festival, (don't tell my sponsor that I was drinking eurofizz !)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_42031.jpg  
Old 29 Aug 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3126988)   #95
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Gordon, you should be ashamed.....!

Just read through the latest crib sheet for scrutineering. The wording for fire extinguisher mounting is-

"fixed with a purpose-built cradle bolted to the car body and retaining metallic bands through this, as opposed to just retaining straps attached directly to the body."

Is this different to what I understood previously- that straps could not be over centre type- and which led to panic buying of bolt type or large jubilee clips? Or does their definition of 'metallic band' not include over centre clips?

Yours sincerely

Confused of Attleborough.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3126996)   #96
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Gordon was just drinking Belgian coffee.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3127004)   #97
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just read through the latest crib sheet for scrutineering. The wording for fire extinguisher mounting is-

"fixed with a purpose-built cradle bolted to the car body and retaining metallic bands through this, as opposed to just retaining straps attached directly to the body."

Is this different to what I understood previously- that straps could not be over centre type- and which led to panic buying of bolt type or large jubilee clips? Or does their definition of 'metallic band' not include over centre clips?

Yours sincerely

Confused of Attleborough.
Dear confused of Attleborough
It seems that the first paragraph relates to hand held extinguishers which will require some form of quick release mechanism (I suppose would have to be over centre type) but they must be in a purpose made cradle.

The plumbed in type must be in a cradle but with a screw type strap rather than the over centre clips we used to have before last year.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3127006)   #98
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
So my big jubilee clips are perfect then ?
Old 29 Aug 2012, 17:37 (Ref:3127014)   #99
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Ahead of he game as usual, Gordon....

Thanks For the explanation, Tim!
Old 29 Aug 2012, 17:46 (Ref:3127015)   #100
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
They'll be fine, I had a result last year with Lifeline, They replaced my 10 YO bottle for a very reasonably sum and chucked in three screw type clips for free, these came attached to a brand new cradle.

I'm not connected with Lifeline in any way but they do seem to provide excellent service.