Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: What is your favourite race?
Nurburgring 24 Hours 3 5.77%
Spa Francochamps 24 Hours 2 3.85%
Le Mans 24 Hours 37 71.15%
Zolder 24 Hours 1 1.92%
Bathurst 24 Hours 1 1.92%
Sebring 12 Hours 3 5.77%
Petit Le Mans 0 0%
One of the LMES 1000KM Events (please specify) 0 0%
Another FIA GT or ALMS round (please specify) 0 0%
Other (Please specify) 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Mar 2004, 02:59 (Ref:890863)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's your favourite Race?

I know this has done before, but this was around a year ago, now with more members here than ever before I felt it would be appropriate to see what everyones favourite endurance race is.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 03:09 (Ref:890866)   #2
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daytona 24.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 03:25 (Ref:890873)   #3
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anything I can get to...this year will be Lime Rock 4th of July and the 6hrs of the Glen...maybe more if Im lucky!!
Old 2 Mar 2004, 03:54 (Ref:890881)   #4
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
since this is the sportscar forum i'll go with the lemans 24....still have to get there some day....maybe next year...
Old 2 Mar 2004, 04:03 (Ref:890884)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the 24 hours of LeMans is the big race
all the 24 hour races are special and really cool- Sarthe-Nurburgring-Spa-then Sebring- Petit LM-then Bathurst
from a history standpoint and the romance of LeMans the brutal test which is the Nurbirgring, the Flowing and nonstop Spa, the Intense almost sprint like nature of Sebring and its Brutal course, the Petit and the picturesque georgia hills and great flow, then the crazy half hill climb Bathurst circuit, which is in places too tight to make it a prototype playground, is close but natch
the 24 hours of daytona was once a superspeed and dive down the banking fast season enduro opener, now it has lost some luster, I wish the 18 hours of Road America would be around...
Old 2 Mar 2004, 04:08 (Ref:890887)   #6
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
LeMans, without a doubt.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 04:22 (Ref:890892)   #7
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
LeMans.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 06:49 (Ref:890924)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
This time, I voted ! Guess what... But I'm partial on that...
Old 2 Mar 2004, 06:57 (Ref:890929)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now there is a daft question........
Old 2 Mar 2004, 08:06 (Ref:890955)   #10
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
No question
Old 2 Mar 2004, 08:30 (Ref:890976)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Like Rob, its a daft (but relevant of course) question as far as I'm concerned. Nothing comes close.....
Old 2 Mar 2004, 08:31 (Ref:890977)   #12
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i went for LM24 but i've only ever seen British GT so thats gotta be my favourite.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 09:51 (Ref:891052)   #13
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
This time, I voted ! Guess what... But I'm partial on that...
If you're partial , what about me ?

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 2 Mar 2004, 12:09 (Ref:891135)   #14
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Le Mans is the obvious choice, but personally, the Nurburgring 24 hours has got to be a greater spectacle in soome ways. 24 hours round a 16 mile track, a good few hours run in pitch black, awesome.
Le Mans is without doubt the most famous, but there's no reason for it to always be that way, on paper at least there are events that challenge it...
Old 2 Mar 2004, 13:03 (Ref:891173)   #15
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'd be between Le Mans and the Nurburgring for me.

Le Mans has the history and tradition, Nurburgring has the circuit and the huge variety of entries.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 13:06 (Ref:891177)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo

Le Mans is without doubt the most famous, but there's no reason for it to always be that way, on paper at least there are events that challenge it...
No there aren't......

Just wait til you go p........
Old 2 Mar 2004, 13:31 (Ref:891210)   #17
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
It is the whole event and atmosphere that has built up around the race that sets LeMans apart. In racing terms there may be some to challenge it, but nowhere is close as an 'event'. This is largely due to its history, but also a lot is due to the French way of doing things coupled with the huge British following which help create the aura which is unique.

I havent been to Spa or Nurburgring, but I would be very surprised if the feeling is anywhere near as special.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 13:51 (Ref:891232)   #18
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
No question: Les Vingt-Quatre Heures du Mans.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 13:53 (Ref:891235)   #19
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The nurburgring 24 hours is a great race....but its no Le Mans!
Old 2 Mar 2004, 15:18 (Ref:891310)   #20
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
No there aren't......

Just wait til you go p........
well, won't be this year...
My last exam this summer is the monday after the race, am
It's easier to be critical though until you see something for yourself
Old 2 Mar 2004, 15:23 (Ref:891319)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Since this is a Sportscar Furum, I guess the term "Race" implies "Sportscar Race"....but I'll answer this anyway....

My favorite "Race," however, doesn't involve sportscars...

The Indy 500....Hands down the most colorful and the largest event I've ever attended...

But of the races I've been to in the Sportscar Realm, it's the 12 Hours of Sebring...by far the best that I've attended....

Now if you really want to know my "Favorite" sportscar race...gotta be Le Mans....the big one....

But I voted for Sebring, because I've actually been there...liked it a lot better than Daytona as far as an event is concerned....and I enjoyed the racing better at Sebring as well...but I haven't attended either event since I moved up from Florida in the late 1980s...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 2 Mar 2004, 15:52 (Ref:891348)   #22
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans, nothing else...some day I'll go there, and that'll be a best day of my life
Old 2 Mar 2004, 16:02 (Ref:891357)   #23
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Day????

Man...to do an event like that, I'd want to be there for everything the public can possibly see or attend!!!!

From Scrutineering to the final Victory Lap and Podium Celebrations!!!!

It's the only way to do a Sportscar Event....and It's the reason why I'll get out of bed at about 5 a.m. on March 17 to begin my drive to Sebring from Tampa in a couple of weeks.....

I want my son (who is attending Sebring for the 1st time) to experience the full effect of the event...both on and off the track...

That's the stuff that memories are made of....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 2 Mar 2004, 16:13 (Ref:891374)   #24
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Day????

Man...to do an event like that, I'd want to be there for everything the public can possibly see or attend!!!!
I coulnd't agree more. I've just said it that way
Old 2 Mar 2004, 17:06 (Ref:891445)   #25
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A better question would of been to have all the options apart from Le Mans, it's winning by a mile! I have the same problem as Pirenzo and an exam so I can't go either, but next year...

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice