Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 2 Sep 2004, 23:57 (Ref:1085411)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome To Estoril

This one, like every other race this season should be a cracker! Out of all the riders only 1 has won here (You know who) the only other guy to have won here on a 500cc/Motogp is Aussie Gazza who as we know is in WSBK (which is a great injustice).

Speaking of great injustices, Colin Edwards is still on the old bike unfortunatly. Damn you Honda, damn you!

Ducati, not sure but you'd asume that this track wouldn't fit into them aswell this year, albeit they did start on pole last year.

And finally, Proton are testing the KTM V4 after the race.

Apart from that I'm all out of things to say, apart from get ready to race!

ps check out http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Sep/040901z.htm for some laughs and some rumours.

Last edited by Hazza; 2 Sep 2004 at 23:57.
Old 3 Sep 2004, 05:12 (Ref:1085560)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they only test the engine ?? . or is it a complete bike ?
will Proton be the KTM team ?
my money . as usual . are on Rossi

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Sep 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1085912)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I´ll be there on Sunday!

Already in Lisbon actually. Lovely city...
Old 4 Sep 2004, 00:34 (Ref:1086468)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
backpacking f1manoz - spanish chicks
Old 4 Sep 2004, 12:56 (Ref:1086699)   #5
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Final qualifying could be a bit damp so we might not see an improvement on the times from yesterday, if it is wet Mr Baros looks good if he can stay on the bike!.

Dry, you can't look past "that little italian bloke"
Yesterday's Qualifying (QP1)

Rossi - Sete - Barros

Tamada - Biaggi - Melandri

Colin - Hopper - Loris

Kenny - Carlos - Troy

http://motogp.tiscali.com/en/motogp/...4&result=31406

Stoner and the KTMs look hot in the 125s, go Casey!

And I think they're just bolting the new engine in for the test, but don't hold me to that!

And KTM are not going to officialy go into MotoGp - they don't want to tarnish their two-stroke reputation. But they are doing 250s next year (Most likely with Stoner) as they announce awhile back that they are delaying "MotoGp 2"

Have an awsome time Mr Manoz!

Aha! Some KTM stuff! I didn't see this...
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/feature_v...fid=5791&apn=2

Last edited by Hazza; 4 Sep 2004 at 13:00.
Old 4 Sep 2004, 16:07 (Ref:1086789)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tamada takes the pole! Great lap on the Bridgestones, ahead of Rossi and Gibernau. Biaggi, Barros and Hopkins make up the second row, with KrJr in 9th.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/mo/standi...1/5/index.html

Nicky Hayden's brave attempt to compete ended in failure, he's pulled out, and Kurtis Roberts is also missing. Fabrizio replaces Byrne on the Aprillia, with Ellison ahead of Burns on the two WCMs.
Old 4 Sep 2004, 16:07 (Ref:1086790)   #7
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tamada gets his 1st ever pole for tomorrow's race. Other polesitters are championship leaders Pedrosa and Dovizioso.

250 and 125 championships need zero-pointer for leader. Dani is 30 and Dovi 36 ahead of 2nd placed rider in standings.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 11:10 (Ref:1089806)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did I have an absolute blast at Estoril! Arrived very early for the 250cc practice, and soon I heard the sound of those MotoGP machines - absolutely awesome! Although they do leave your ears ringing....

Unfortunately I didn't have a particularly great vantage point - was in the infield between turns 1 to 4 so didn't have any great photo opportunities, but just being there was good enough, and at €10 entry, who can complain!

The Spaniards are absolutely bonkers - every time Barbera was in the lead, they stood, cheered, waved, blew horns etc, and when Lorenzo started flying through the field, they were even crazier...

Same for the 250s and Elias and Pedrosa. You can tell Danny means a lot to the Spaniards. Nearly everyone was wearing a Pedrosa (or Gibernau shirt) while there were also thousands of Rossi shirts. No other rider really gets a look in concerning support!

Finally, the MotoGP machines are just awesome to watch. I was watching them come out of turn 1 and 2 at one stage and you can really tell who's committed, who's really got the bike hooked up and who wasn't particularly doing so well. Everyone cheered when Biaggi took the dive on lap one while the crowd was partly subdued due to Sete struggling but everyone still cheered Rossi anyway.

All in all, it was a good day and I have more video then pictures on my camera!
Old 8 Sep 2004, 16:57 (Ref:1090101)   #9
Winther
Racer

Winther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome man!!!
Someday I am going to see a race, my wife wants to go as well
I wanna see Rossi before he goes elsewhere!