Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 May 2005, 05:41 (Ref:1301069)   #1
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ambrose on RPM

With Marcos appearance on RPM today it should be interesting in what he says & what he is allowed to say under AVESCO & TEGA new free speech policy.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 15 May 2005, 06:05 (Ref:1301071)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
100% remorse and contrition....

Mr Murray and the BAM PR machine has helped Mr Ambrose make the best of what could have been a disastrous situation....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 May 2005, 06:17 (Ref:1301073)   #3
Rossi # 46
Racer

Rossi # 46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont beleive Ambrose needed to be so apologetic. We understand his words were in the heat of the moment, and despite wether or not he was in the wrong, the penalties he was given were not consistant with previous incidents.
Old 15 May 2005, 06:20 (Ref:1301074)   #4
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
GTR I am having brain fade but who is Mr Murray & the BAM pr machine.
Old 15 May 2005, 06:32 (Ref:1301078)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
GTR I am having brain fade but who is Mr Murray & the BAM pr machine.
Mr Brett "Crusher" Murray, the proprietor of BAM Media ( www.bammedia.com.au ) is the media management consultant to SBR, LMS and WPS (and also Chris Atkinson's WRC challenge too)... and has been for many seasons.

I would safely assume that his input was used to tidy up what is obviously a blot on Mr Ambrose's season...
Old 15 May 2005, 06:35 (Ref:1301080)   #6
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Seton Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He certainly has done his fair share of damage control over the past few seasons.
Old 15 May 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1301106)   #7
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
Thank you for that GTR.
Old 15 May 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1301175)   #8
beefybloke
Rookie

beefybloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi # 46
I dont beleive Ambrose needed to be so apologetic. We understand his words were in the heat of the moment, and despite wether or not he was in the wrong, the penalties he was given were not consistant with previous incidents.
No, we all don't understand that his words were in the heat of the moment.

Ambrose has to learn to deal with the media in a professional manor, especially given his planned career in the USA....

I'm sorry but this 'aw, gee, he didn't really mean it..' defence just doesn't wash.

He read what he had to on RPM and showed contrition to the extent that he had to.

We'll all see if it was for the media or whether he actually meant it at the next round.

As it stands, he looked like a naughty school boy on RPM I'm afraid.

But good on him for going on telly and having a go, it must have been tuff for a guy who makes no secret of his dislike of the PR side of racing...
Old 15 May 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1301176)   #9
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
I have said it before go away Dave beefybloke Moy, Wr do not want you here.
Old 15 May 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1301181)   #10
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes his apology was so genuine and heart felt wasn,t it. Thank god he had his notes to prompt him. Phuey
Old 15 May 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1301188)   #11
beefybloke
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
I have said it before go away Dave beefybloke Moy, Wr do not want you here.
Why, because I'm not a foaming at the mouth Ford supporter?

There's not much entertainment in a group of Ford fans all agreeing with one another?

If I want that I'll go back to CONROD....

I don't agree with you, so what?

Suck it up mate and move on....
Old 15 May 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1301202)   #12
Rossi # 46
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefybloke

Ambrose has to learn to deal with the media in a professional manor, especially given his planned career in the USA....

I'm sorry but this 'aw, gee, he didn't really mean it..' defence just doesn't wash.

He read what he had to on RPM and showed contrition to the extent that he had to.

We'll all see if it was for the media or whether he actually meant it at the next round.

But good on him for going on telly and having a go, it must have been tuff for a guy who makes no secret of his dislike of the PR side of racing...
I can see your point here. However, why was there no fuss made after Skaife's outburst at Canberra in 02 (I think that was the year) or Murph at Bathurst or Barg's at Phillip Island or Kim Jones at almost all race meetings.

My point is that there are plenty of people involved in the V8's that have an outburst every now and again. These people are passionate about whet they do and therefore how can you not expect them to fly off the handle every now and again.

Also just for the record, I am neither a ford or holden supporter. I just enjoy good hard racing without all the penalties for attempting to race.
Old 15 May 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1301265)   #13
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You wouldn't understand anything if it had a blue oval on it Dave.

Obviosuly the bloke was ****ed off and in my view have every right to let off steam and disagree with the judicial system.
Doesn't matter which side of the fence your on, Murf for instance had the right with the Lowndes/Winton incident and his Bathurst 5 min penalty, but then again I have a balanced view.

The next round will prove nothing, obviously he's going to have to bite his tongue (unfortunately) from now on, it was a crafted damage control statement/appearance.
Old 15 May 2005, 11:05 (Ref:1301290)   #14
beefybloke
Rookie

You see, yet again you boys miss the point.

This is not about Ambrose's right to disagree and this isn't about Ambrose's right to be angry or upset.

This is about calling into question the validity of the judicial process, the integrity of the officials and the organisation that runs the series that Ambrose drives in.

I haven't seen, read or heard where anyone has said that Ambrose can't get angry or have an opinion.

And it wasn't just in the heat of the moment. Ambrose continued with his comments about the series and his penalty at the press conference, some time later in the afternoon, after the incident had happened and (presumably) the team had the chance to council him on the subject.

He chose to continue showing no remorse for the incident and repeated his contempt for the officials and the penalty imposed.

There is a clear and abvious difference between what Ambrose did and simply being p()ssed off when he got out of the car.

Surely you can see that???
Old 15 May 2005, 12:21 (Ref:1301396)   #15
Rossi # 46
Racer

Quote:
You see, yet again you boys miss the point.

This is not about Ambrose's right to disagree and this isn't about Ambrose's right to be angry or upset.

This is about calling into question the validity of the judicial process, the integrity of the officials and the organisation that runs the series that Ambrose drives in.

I haven't seen, read or heard where anyone has said that Ambrose can't get angry or have an opinion.

And it wasn't just in the heat of the moment. Ambrose continued with his comments about the series and his penalty at the press conference, some time later in the afternoon, after the incident had happened and (presumably) the team had the chance to council him on the subject.

He chose to continue showing no remorse for the incident and repeated his contempt for the officials and the penalty imposed.

There is a clear and abvious difference between what Ambrose did and simply being p()ssed off when he got out of the car.

Surely you can see that???
yep, point taken.
Old 16 May 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1301939)   #16
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Marcus did the right thing yesterday.
His comments, whether they were right or wrong, didn't do him any favours which he clearly admitted on RPM.He acted like a pratt and fessed up. He also alluded to the fact that when under pressure, his mouth gets him in a lot of trouble. Don't know about the rest of you, but as a human being I can relate to that. hehehehe.
How many times have you been in a situation at work where the only reason you don't stand up and air what your really thinking is because you can't afford to not have a job ?
Old 16 May 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1302010)   #17
cow
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jones
How many times have you been in a situation at work where the only reason you don't stand up and air what your really thinking is because you can't afford to not have a job ?
Today or just for the year.
Old 16 May 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1302026)   #18
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
hrt_rulz01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he better apoligize to skaifey face 2 face. bloody stupid driving! at least he knows he stuffed up! now lets see skaifey kick his ass at eastern creek!
Old 16 May 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1302066)   #19
Rossi # 46
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrt_rulz01
he better apoligize to skaifey face 2 face. bloody stupid driving! at least he knows he stuffed up! now lets see skaifey kick his ass at eastern creek!
I dont see why he should! Did Skaife apologise to Ross Stone after pushing him in pit lane??

As for kicking Ambrose's ass at the creek, well Skaife isnt in the championship hunt so I dont really think Ambrose cares where Skaife is right now.
Old 16 May 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1302117)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
This thread has me curious...

....a driver admits he stuffed up, and profusely apologises for his faux pas, names the people he thinks he has slighted unintentionally, and made a public promise to catch up with them at the next round to get a personal handle on the feelings involved... and he is now the bad guy?

Marcos is said to have spoken to a couple of key people outside his team in the intervening week (to get a non-team perspective I suspect, but perhaps he isnt getting the support or insight from inside the team he may think he needs) and they seem to have pointed him towards publicly acknowledging he had done the wrong thing. More power to the advisors I say, good advice is hard to come by in this sport sometimes, without an ulterior motive anyway...

So Marcos needed notes to make sure he got his point across? Big deal. Does Bill Woods remember everything he says on RPM every week, or are there words floating up before his eyes for him to read off??

I think Marcos has a huge opportunity here, as he has always had, to build up a little more of his personality, to share some more of himself with the public. From all accounts a good guy, but someone who isnt well known by too many people really... perhaps something to be worked on before the NASCAR foray, where the local media may not be as amenable or as considerate?
Old 16 May 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1302203)   #21
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi # 46
As for kicking Ambrose's ass at the creek, well Skaife isnt in the championship hunt so I dont really think Ambrose cares where Skaife is right now.
Not in the championship hunt? You are joking aren't you? The positions on the championship points board are so volatile after the first 3 rounds, I don't see how, at 5th, Skaife is out of contention..... A lot of cars could get damaged in the next 10 rounds; anything could happen to the championship.
Old 17 May 2005, 03:28 (Ref:1302701)   #22
montoya
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leeds, Yorkshire
montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
Not in the championship hunt? You are joking aren't you? The positions on the championship points board are so volatile after the first 3 rounds, I don't see how, at 5th, Skaife is out of contention..... A lot of cars could get damaged in the next 10 rounds; anything could happen to the championship.
Positions mean nothing. Look at the points gap.

I agree a lot can happen in 10 rounds, but I cant see anyone out doing the SBR cars. Bear in mind, it has not been a good start to the season for ambrose when you look at the incidents he has been caught up in, yet he is still first in the championship because he has the speed to come back.

In short, no I am not joking. Skaife is out of the championship hunt!
Old 17 May 2005, 03:35 (Ref:1302702)   #23
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
IMHO, Skaifes finished as a top line driver. The only thing he'll be driving next year will be his 2 drivers up the wall.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:14 (Ref:1302710)   #24
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit harsh considering how he went on the weekend.

Won the first race (maybe lucky but would have been second in any case), got taken out in the second and came back to what, 6th in the last.

Not a bad effort for a driver who is finished. And if he is finished, what does that say for the rest of the field behind him!

Back on topic, I kind of agree with GTR, Marcos won a few points with me on RPM. Not that he really lost points for his outburst the previous weekend. I've said before that I think he needs to think before he speaks, but at least that time he spoke rather than simply refraining from having any opinion whatsoever.
Old 17 May 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1302927)   #25
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
IMHO, Skaifes finished as a top line driver. The only thing he'll be driving next year will be his 2 drivers up the wall.
Skaifes not finished as a driver! It's the team that's the problem!......Their a bunch of old women! They need "H R T".
o e h
r p e
m l r
o a a
n c p
e e y
m
e
n
t