Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Jan 2002, 20:53 (Ref:200326)   #1
Aidan J Harvey
Rookie

Aidan J Harvey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwin for Barwell?

Autosport reports that Chris Goodwin will be testing with Barwell to help Tom Chilton, but also that he could be in line for a drive.

I think this is a massive kick in the proverbials for James Kaye and Simon Graves. They deserve the drive more than Goodwin, who Kaye beat to the 1994 Indies title.

Wonder if James could shed any light on this one?
Old 17 Jan 2002, 22:06 (Ref:200381)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
What it doesn't say is is Goodwin going there to help Tom Chilton adapt to the new car or as a possible second driver.

I understand that the shortlist for the other driver is down to one and a deal is virtually signed. Unfortunately I don't know who the one is
Old 18 Jan 2002, 02:23 (Ref:200471)   #3
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwin would be a good choice. He never really did show his full potential in 1994, and when he did, he was often up racing with the works guys, with Kaye right on his tail usually. Would be great to see him back.
Old 18 Jan 2002, 09:03 (Ref:200523)   #4
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Goodwin is very experienced, but much of that is with GTs. I would prefer to see James in the car.
Old 18 Jan 2002, 18:25 (Ref:200716)   #5
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyF
Goodwin is very experienced, but much of that is with GTs. I would prefer to see James in the car.
It doesn't make any difference where his experience has come from- I can't imagine he'd have too much trouble adapting. Personally, I'd be happy to see any one of Kaye, Graves or Goodwin get the drive- they'd all do a good job for Barwell