Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Jun 2014, 12:35 (Ref:3427128)   #51
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I wonder if theyll get the 72L tank and 810kg weight break Rebellion received.
Would think so, ACO has (thankfully) tended to balance the privateer class as a whole against the factories, instead of giving them individual BoP values
Old 27 Jun 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3427132)   #52
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Would think so, ACO has (thankfully) tended to balance the privateer class as a whole against the factories, instead of giving them individual BoP values
And there is no way the ACO-FIA can adjust the performance in the LMP1-L class on an individual basis. The adjustments apply equally to all LMP1-L competitors.

It will be interesting to see if the Lotus P1-01 can be as fast "out of the box" as the new Rebellion R-One (if the Lotus can run reliably which is far from being granted ...).
Old 27 Jun 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3427148)   #53
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was going to chime in and say I hope they have enough time to get some testing done before the next round of the WEC, but then I remembered the next round is sometime later this decade so they should be fine...
Old 27 Jun 2014, 13:37 (Ref:3427153)   #54
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd still like to see a picture which shows the car actually moving at speed.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 13:38 (Ref:3427154)   #55
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
And there is no way the ACO-FIA can adjust the performance in the LMP1-L class on an individual basis. The adjustments apply equally to all LMP1-L competitors.
I don't think the regs state that, it's just the way they operate... in fact IIRC nowhere in the regs did it even say they can separately balance the Ls against Hs in the first place?

Anyway, I just remembered reading/hearing that at least one manufacturer vetoed even further BoP helps for the Rebellion before Le Mans on the basis that the car had only done one race. And therefore they "only' got -40kg / +3,7liters / no consumption limit instead of even more. Which would imply that if Rebellion now gets further BoP for the next race, ACO couldn't (?) be able to give the same values for Lotus as they hadn't had the mileage so...
Old 27 Jun 2014, 14:09 (Ref:3427161)   #56
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I don't think the regs state that, it's just the way they operate... in fact IIRC nowhere in the regs did it even say they can separately balance the Ls against Hs in the first place?

Anyway, I just remembered reading/hearing that at least one manufacturer vetoed even further BoP helps for the Rebellion before Le Mans on the basis that the car had only done one race. And therefore they "only' got -40kg / +3,7liters / no consumption limit instead of even more. Which would imply that if Rebellion now gets further BoP for the next race, ACO couldn't (?) be able to give the same values for Lotus as they hadn't had the mileage so...
Referring to the 2014 Sporting Regulations, "EQUIVALENCE SYSTEMS (PERFORMANCE AND TECHNOLOGIES)", page 6, it is merely mentioned that the Endurance Committee can adapt the performance of the LMP1-L cars (as a whole), the relevant references being the average lap time of the fastest car in each technology :
Quote:
In order to limit the differences between the Light (LMP1-L) category cars and the Hybrid (LMP1-H) category cars, the Endurance Committee will be able to adapt the performance of the LMP1-L cars in accordance with the following conditions:
A. The reference will be the calculation of the average lap time of the fastest car in each technology. The average lap time will be calculated over the number of laps corresponding to 20% of the distance of the races (average of the best laps).
The models of the cars with the slowest technologies must have participated in at least two races and must have been properly classified in order to be able to benefit from the application of the rule.
The first adjustment of performance may be applied at any time by the Endurance Committee.
The Committee will have the right to request any necessary information from the manufacturers and/or the competitors, in order to the shed light on the issue at hand. Any such information will be treated in a strictly confidential manner.
I understand this as excluding the possibility of individual BoP-like adjustment within any of the LMP1-L and LMP1-H categories. Besides, the Endurance Committee can only "play" with the Appendix B figures and there is only one relevant column in the LMP1-L category and for each ERS option in the LMP1-H category.

I personally don't see a problem with this. There will at least be some competition in the LMP1-L category for the best-in-class position and this will provide a more representative picture of the respective levels of performance between privateers and manufacturers. Having two references is better than having just one.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3427165)   #57
Deleted
Veteran

Yeah I much rather take this than individual-BoP annoyance
Old 27 Jun 2014, 22:28 (Ref:3427298)   #58
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Theres a planned track test for an entire week coming next month.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 00:44 (Ref:3427328)   #59
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Hahahaha nice one
Old 28 Jun 2014, 04:57 (Ref:3427371)   #60
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Same here, these "shakedown" photos remind me a lot of the GreenGT "shakedown" photos that were released days before the project was withdrawn from Le Mans and we never heard a peep from it since.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3427397)   #61
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Theyre real. It was done on an airfield so there isnt anything to be seen in glamour shots. It only did about 100km of running.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3427414)   #62
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Theyre real. It was done on an airfield so there isnt anything to be seen in glamour shots. It only did about 100km of running.
Not accusing them of lying but it doesn't help the credibility of the programme as much as it could. I've seen two shots from this shakedown and both times the car looked parked.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 10:12 (Ref:3427416)   #63
TF110
Veteran

United States
Theyll be testing next month. Plenty of time for pictures there. I already see differences to the car from the launch. Main one being the fin.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 10:36 (Ref:3427422)   #64
Albers Fan
Rookie

Netherlands
Albers Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Albers and Kaffer complete the testweek in two weeks in Southspain.
I'm absolutly happy.

i will write from the test on my twitter account "LotusLMP1Fan".
Old 28 Jun 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3427437)   #65
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So so sad that some of you will moan about a lack of LMP1 cars to compete with Rebellion and then when one comes along your all desperate for it to fail so that you can say "told you so".
Old 28 Jun 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3427472)   #66
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
So so sad that some of you will moan about a lack of LMP1 cars to compete with Rebellion and then when one comes along your all desperate for it to fail so that you can say "told you so".
If you're referring to my posts you couldn't be more wrong. The fact is this car hasn't arrived until it turns up at a race. Fingers crossed it does.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3427595)   #67
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If you're referring to my posts you couldn't be more wrong. The fact is this car hasn't arrived until it turns up at a race. Fingers crossed it does.
Not aimed directly at you, just the general negativity surrounding the project, of course it didnt look good when they kept delaying, but at least now they have made some progress. Prehaps my comments come across too strong and i apologies for this.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 19:45 (Ref:3427597)   #68
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think anyone want's them to fail, I know I'd love to see more privateers, but I think the scepticism is justified.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3427605)   #69
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I don't think anyone want's them to fail, I know I'd love to see more privateers, but I think the scepticism is justified.
I agree.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 20:09 (Ref:3427609)   #70
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Agree
Old 28 Jun 2014, 21:27 (Ref:3427635)   #71
TF110
Veteran

United States
The car is clearly real. They just completed a shakedown and testing begins soon. I think its safe to assume theyre ready unless something tragic happens.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3427641)   #72
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The car is clearly real. They just completed a shakedown and testing begins soon. I think its safe to assume theyre ready unless something tragic happens.
Like failing crash test again?
Old 8 Jul 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3431903)   #73
Albers Fan
Rookie

Netherlands
Albers Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus startet the testweek today in spain.
Thomas Holzer send a picture yesterday on twitter.

He will test with Albers and Kaffer.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3431906)   #74
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Albers has time to test now he's running Caterham F1?
Old 10 Jul 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3432451)   #75
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
some more "fake"testing pictures http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/chr...a-monteblanco/