Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 28 Jan 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1212084)   #26
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont think i have but if i have some spare time ill mull over something ive been working on something else latley.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1212112)   #27
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's mine.
The main straight is 1000m long exactly (I measured it against the scale), and contrary to appearances is anti-clockwise.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1212179)   #28
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
P, that reminds me of 3 or 4 different designs, really.
Looks ok though
Thanks all for the nice comments
I still have to put up my response to challenge one, though
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 28 Jan 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1212296)   #29
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminds me a bit of that track they're building in Brazil, p, think it's called Santa Cruz do Sol or something close to that.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1212497)   #30
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like that p, good job mate... nicely done ...

OK, here is my track!!!...

The redirection of roads is very simple, and basically follows the borders of the circuit. The highway on and off ramps are visible on the top right...

I used a fiar bit of the existing road for my circuit, as I had initially intended to do so. Some of the road is still there anyway...

The dragway is nicely positioned the spectator viewing is easy...

The circuit itself is a very quick circuit, with a few chicanes and slower corners. I like my tracks simple, and I've achieved it quite well here ...

Parking isn't a problem (PLENTY OF IT)...

Also, there is a small motor racing museum setup, and all of the southern part of the airstrip below the road which cut through it, is still in tack (not upgraded, but left alone as a part of heritage). The circuit also runs through a bit of the old (now fully upgraded) old airstrip on the northern part...

Love to know what you all think ...

Old 29 Jan 2005, 13:13 (Ref:1212605)   #31
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Not entirely happy with it tbh. Kinda one of those tracks where I just set off with a rough idea idea in mind from the word go, but in reality, the nitty-gritty bits aint so good. Lack of decent overtaking opportunities (2-3) is the main problem IMO. But I think it's got a good mix. Having seen some of you guys' attemts, I feel I didn't take full advantage of the existing roads. The one thing I feel happy with is the way I didn't disrupt the service roads too much - just insert a bridge, roundabout and some link roads et voila I'll maybe do a second attempt later.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 29 Jan 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1212621)   #32
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice tracks, all three of you. Freaks is probably the better of the three though .
Old 29 Jan 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1212622)   #33
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I acctuley prefered croizers and P's layouts. but not taking anything from freaks its really good well done all.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1212641)   #34
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As promised, the 2nd attempt:

Looks a bit more original and flowing no?
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 29 Jan 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1212693)   #35
Speed Demon
Racer

Speed Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's my effort. Ended up looking a lot like Sugo, although that is purely accidental.

Old 29 Jan 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1212757)   #36
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice detail with the parking zones SD
Old 29 Jan 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1212769)   #37
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having received some criticism of a lack of effort on my part for my earlier posting, I thought I would try again!

I decided that just putting a race circuit and a drag strip on the land wasn't the best use of it, so I have made it a multi-use facility:

1. This is a new sports facility, including cricket and football/rugby pitches, as well as an Olympic-size swimming pool, indoor sports hall and tennis courts. This is a facility for the use of the people of Farell.

2. This is a golf-driving range - something of a money-spinner.

3. The circuit itself. It is just a little over 2km and is pitched at club-level racing, racing school, track and corporate days. I've included in the plans two pedestrian bridges, a pedestrian tunnel under the main straight and a vehicle tunnel under the circuit to the paddock. One stand on the main straight and elevated spectator banks as indicated. I have not shown on here sundry buildings such as toilets and catering units. There is parking available around the circuit, but the main car park is ample in size for most events. However, there is significant overflow acorss the road in area 5.

4. A supermarket and some other shops.

5. A couple of things going on here. Firstly, the preserved runway. There is a trail around this with some permanent exhibits of aircraft and suchlike, also a landscaped section with a pond and woodland. There is also a museum and cafeteria. Secondly, the drag strip, complete with spectator area and return road to the paddock, which doubles as a car park and a venue for autotests and so on.

All of this has meant that I haven't needed to realign the roads, substantially cutting costs. Indeed, they serve to split the facility into constituent parts.

One point to note - the width of roadways and tracks is not necessarily to scale.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1212772)   #38
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Nice effort Ian.

There's certainly enough space in the project area for those sorts of developments, indeed, should you have wanted to build a larger track, you could have built a Bahrain/Shanghai type facility entirely within the area which you put the drag strip and park/air museum in.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1212788)   #39
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, there probably was. However, it was my bit o' land so I deliberately didn't build a GP-size facility because I prefer short tracks to long, and I'm not keen on anything too wiggly...
Old 29 Jan 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1212795)   #40
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
hehe, that's fine, I was just trying to think along the same lines to see what else could be done, leaving the roads intact as you've done.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1212827)   #41
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, guys! Great efforts! The amount of detail in your tracks is amazing. Thumbs up!
Old 29 Jan 2005, 23:33 (Ref:1212873)   #42
Speed Demon
Racer

Speed Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just noticed a major flaw with my track - it's clockwise (oops). I've re-engineered it as a result and think this version is better anyway! What do you guys think?

Old 30 Jan 2005, 02:58 (Ref:1212921)   #43
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
croz... to be honest, I love both of your track layouts... good job on both of them mate...

Speedy... mistakes happen ... however, focusing on your second track, I like it as well. It does resemble Sugo quite a bit, but not that much in my opinion. PLENTY of parking, and the dragstrip is in there as well. Good job...

Ian... Indeed, your right. That really is a nice bit hunk of land that I gave to everyone to play with. I think I'll make more of an effort to think about it more next time ... anyway, your circuit itself is very simple, and it doesn't need to be built on an international scale, so that is good enough. Drag strip as well, good job. Using more of the land to build other things was a great idea, and nicely done. Dare I say, much better then your first effort ...

Thanks for all your opinion on my track ...
Old 30 Jan 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1213078)   #44
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First attempt, not quite done, have some refining and details to finish off...such as sand traps... but you get the basic idea.

Quote:
to design a dragway and a racing circuit.
plus I've included a 1km test oval and a driver training circuit/skip pan/etc as well

Quote:
The racing circuit MUST be a permanent road course, and the local roads can be diverted
its is permanent with a couple of alternative track setups that could be used

Quote:
you must use some of the original airstrip in the circuit and/or dragway
the larger section has been used for the dragway, and the smaller section has been incorporated into the driver training circuit

Quote:
The circuit MUST BE COUNTER-CLOCKWISE and at least 2km.
no problems with length for the track and is counter-clockwise

Quote:
The dragway must be a safe distance.
should be about 1kw all up if I measured correctly

Quote:
you need to have an entrance/exit on the highway in order for people to reach the circuit easier
done, and an entrance for the teams too.

All team access is from the one point, via tunnels to get to the Dragway pitarea and 2nd pit area

A tunnel is also used for returning vehicles from the far end of the drgway.

Parking is sufficient but could be expanded if needed.

Numerous configurations of the track are possible to suit multiple forms of motorsport.

I've included a 1km test oval with slightly banked corners, and a multipurpose test curcuit for driver traingin etc, than includes a substantial skid pan.

Two overpasses have been built for access to and from the highway, and roundabouts built at other intersections.

Multiple grandstands located around the track, and both side of the dragway.

Two pitlanes to accommodate the various track configurations.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt, oh and I had plenty of fun doing it as well! Just a couple of things that need to be fixed up.

I present 'Farell International Raceway'

Old 30 Jan 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1213087)   #45
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Very nice HRT
Old 30 Jan 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1213093)   #46
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
ive found my new favorite.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 14:44 (Ref:1213157)   #47
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the thread, HRT, and what a start! Awesome track, and nice graphics, thumbs up!
Old 30 Jan 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1213192)   #48
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRTs is my favourite. Good selection of corners and the other smaller "bowls" is a nice addition.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1213238)   #49
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Wow HRT-dunno where you came from but that is truly great work-very well done mate
The track design is very nice-quite flowing, but not too fast, with plenty of room for overtaking.
Welcome to the forum!
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 30 Jan 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1213325)   #50
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@ HRT.