Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 May 2016, 07:43 (Ref:3639358)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Kvyat demoted to Toro Rosso

About time. The guy is crazy with that red bull car under him. always finds a way to ruin someone's race. and its usually his team mate more often then not. Bad boy tut tut
Old 7 May 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3639399)   #2
mikestow
Rookie

mikestow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its a bit harsh,as Vettell was himself labelled the "Crasher Kid" whilst at Torro Rosso.It is really only a sop by Red Bull to their ex 4 times World Champion Driver,dont you all think?
Old 7 May 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3639420)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kvyat outscored Ricciardo last season and has scored the teams only podium of 2016 so far. But because he drove badly in his last GP, Verstappen has been promoted over him. Verstappen, who has been promoted to ease a rift between him and Sainz. Rather than tell him to live with it, and that that's part of sport, he's been given special treatment.

It's obvious that the real reason is that Red Bull want to secure Verstappen's future with the team. This is a driver who could potentially be winning Grand Prix into the 2030s. Kvyat and Sainz have plenty of potential and could both have long, successful careers, but RBR have decided that their careers are more expendable than the potential shown by Verstappen. It's an incredibly ruthless and brutal way of going about it, but RBR have decided that it's a risk worth taking. Only time will allow us to see if it pays off.
Old 7 May 2016, 14:44 (Ref:3639577)   #4
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Kvyat finishing ahead of Ricciardo last year wasnt a reflection of how he was the superior driver. In fact it was quite the opposite. Ricciardo destroyed kvyat in qualifying and fastest laps. Even this year proves that. Ricciardo lost his podium because his tyres blew out in the 3rd lap of the Chinese GP. Kvyat is a crash waiting to happen. He is the Romain Grosjean of Russia. Good riddance.
Old 7 May 2016, 15:17 (Ref:3639609)   #5
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be accurate he beat him 12 / 7 in qualy and 10 /8 in fastest laps, Kvyat didn't post a lap in Australia, so whilst he had an edge in Q i would hardly say he destroyed him in fastest laps, like it or not Kvyat finished ahead of him in the championship, and lets not forget that Ricciardo has driven in over twice as many grand prix.
Old 7 May 2016, 15:30 (Ref:3639629)   #6
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
There's a alot of histronics over Kvyat mistakes. Mainly fanned by Vettel's hilarious reaction when beached in the barriers which promptly went viral.

Unfortunately, due to the scope of the "bad publicity", Kvyat's career is unlikely to recover and that's a genuine injustice.
Old 7 May 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3639642)   #7
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Ricciardo would've destroyed Kvyat again this year. Pity he was relegated to Toro Rosso though lol
Old 7 May 2016, 15:58 (Ref:3639660)   #8
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Yup, he would probably have destroyed him by finishing behind him in the points again, never mind, he can destroy Max in exactly the same way.
Old 7 May 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3639700)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Yup, he would probably have destroyed him by finishing behind him in the points again, never mind, he can destroy Max in exactly the same way.
I don't see that happening at all.....
Old 7 May 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3639752)   #10
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see this thread as potential for genuine discussion, but we won't reach it...
Old 7 May 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3639765)   #11
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kvyat only outperformed Ric at Malaysia last year this time, if I'm correct. Yet the performance gap is distorted this year because Sepang is moved.
I'd imagine Ves beaten by Ric until probably Italy. Needs to get used too many things.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk
Old 7 May 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3639822)   #12
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Considering Ricciardo is ahead of Kvyat in the point standings we can see how Daniil Kvyat couldn't handle the pressure exerted by his team mate causing him to overdrive the car and therefore eventually losing his seat.
Old 7 May 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3639854)   #13
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Or far more likely, Ferrari and Mercedes were sniffing around Max and Red Bull wanted to make sure they didn't lose him, therefore Kvyat lost his seat.
Old 7 May 2016, 19:18 (Ref:3639891)   #14
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Or even more likely Red bull Heirachy thought Kvyat was not up to their standards and subsequently dropped him because he caused 2 crashes within a space of 10 secs in the last Grand Prix.
Old 7 May 2016, 20:22 (Ref:3639911)   #15
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kvyat was always a goner with Ricciardo signed up and the Verstappens really to throw a massive hissy fit if Max didn't continue to move up at an absurdly quick pace.

STR confirmed that there were issues between Verstappen and Sainz and this move dissolves those issues. Based on Singapore last year and Australia this year, I would guess that Max was largely responsible for these issues, yet he gets rewarded by being promoted to the senior team? I've said before that Max was brought into F1 too early in the sense that he doesn't understand how to work in a team. He'd better learn fast, because he cannot get away with any of his antics behind the scenes and on team radio with Ricciardo in the other car.

I'm also quite looking forward to seeing Sainz vs Kvyat at Toro Rosso. This will be the 4th time in their career they'll be teammates. Sainz beat Kvyat twice, before Kvyat clicked with the GP3 car in the back half of 2013 and vaulted past Sainz to STR and then RBR. I can't help but think this move could work out very well for Sainz, except for the fact that RBR is likely to be locked out for the next few seasons.
Old 7 May 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3639917)   #16
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
It will be hilarious if Kvyat crashes into Verstappen.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk while chasing a sheep.
Old 8 May 2016, 00:06 (Ref:3639955)   #17
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can look at points, quali, fastest laps. But you find out more just by watching their lap by lap pace throughout the year, which is hard to do but I followed these two quite a lot because I wanted to see Kyvat become another great driver for F1, so no one better to compare him to than Ricciardo.

Unfortunately, he rarely matched Ricciardo last year. There were maybe just a couple of races where he was able to keep up with him, but overall Kyvat just wasn't as fast and consistent. His best performance would have been that race (can't remember where) where both he and Ricciardo were hammering the Mercedes for the lead in the wettish track I think it was. But he kept making mistakes and soon enough Ricciardo got through, then by the end of the race he was a long way back.

He'll still be a good driver, and deserving of being in F1. But Verstappen so far is the new big thing, regardless of his temperament and over-aggression behind the wheel, making the odd mistake. RB have to move Verstappen up now if they lose Ricciardo next year. That gives him most of the year to ease into the team, by 2017 he's their firm #1 (if Daniel leaves).

Sainz vs Kyvat will be interesting. Sainz has something to prove, Kyvat will be doubting himself after silly mistakes in two consecutive rounds.

RB will have the freshest young talent on the grid. Imagine the excitement of Ricciardo vs Vertappen at Mercedes One can only dream for an exciting F1 these days though
Old 8 May 2016, 08:22 (Ref:3640010)   #18
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kvyat is at the end of the day just another Grand Prix driver, and we have plenty of those. You only have to cast your eye over the current grid to know that there is nothing special about being able to race in Formula 1. It has always been that way, and it is this that makes the occasional 'genius' stand out. Danil is not one of those, no matter what his fans may think.

Fangio, Clark, Stewart, Lauda, ... Senna, Schumacher, some names stand out, but one might have difficulty naming their rivals in any great depth after a few years.

More names come and go than stick around for 10 years or so.

Think back on the lengthy list of 'Red Bull Stars' who have faded from the memory, after a brief glimpse of the limelight.

Whether Kvyat can long remain in F1 will be decided by fate rather than talent I suspect.
Old 8 May 2016, 09:08 (Ref:3640029)   #19
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
It will be hilarious if Kvyat crashes into Verstappen.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk while chasing a sheep.
It'd be more funnier if Kvyat were to beat both Verstappen and Ricciardo in the coming races.
Old 8 May 2016, 09:11 (Ref:3640030)   #20
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Kvyat is at the end of the day just another Grand Prix driver, and we have plenty of those. You only have to cast your eye over the current grid to know that there is nothing special about being able to race in Formula 1. It has always been that way, and it is this that makes the occasional 'genius' stand out. Danil is not one of those, no matter what his fans may think.

Fangio, Clark, Stewart, Lauda, ... Senna, Schumacher, some names stand out, but one might have difficulty naming their rivals in any great depth after a few years.

Think back on the lengthy list of 'Red Bull Stars' who have faded from the memory, after a brief glimpse of the limelight.

Whether Kvyat can long remain in F1 will be decided by fate rather than talent I suspect.
Many don't like him, but you can mention Vettel in the same sentence as those drivers.
Old 8 May 2016, 12:56 (Ref:3640098)   #21
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Many don't like him, but you can mention Vettel in the same sentence as those drivers.
I have met Seb and have no problems with him, my list was just a selection from the past .
Old 8 May 2016, 14:21 (Ref:3640125)   #22
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Strange how these sorts of threads always end up with people abusing drivers. Yes, Red Bull have made a pretty ruthless decision, but it's a logical one. Key at has had a few issues, and Verstappen has shone at STR. If there was any suggestion of Verstappen looking elsewhere, promoting him makes absolute sense. Ricciardo and Verstappen is a pairing which can keep Red Bull at the front for years to come.
Old 8 May 2016, 14:39 (Ref:3640129)   #23
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe more to do with strife at TR and RB worried about holding on to Max.
And did Max's engineer really get shafted?

Quote:
BUXTON: Red Bull chopping block cuts deep
http://www.racer.com/f1/item/129201-...lock-cuts-deep

Quote:
Why did Red Bull replace Kvyat with Verstappen?
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...yat-verstappen
Old 8 May 2016, 14:42 (Ref:3640130)   #24
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Strange how these sorts of threads always end up with people abusing drivers. Yes, Red Bull have made a pretty ruthless decision, but it's a logical one. Key at has had a few issues, and Verstappen has shone at STR. If there was any suggestion of Verstappen looking elsewhere, promoting him makes absolute sense. Ricciardo and Verstappen is a pairing which can keep Red Bull at the front for years to come.
It is also strange that some drivers get praised out of all recognition of their true ability. I guess it is just Fan Worship.

Personally there are drivers I admire and those I don't, but I hope that I will always acknowledge their ability regardless of my opinion of them.
Old 8 May 2016, 18:23 (Ref:3640165)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Well there is one name that is probably better known than all of those and he was Sterling Moss