Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Dec 2016, 11:33 (Ref:3693304)   #1
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2017 Dunlop Super2 Series

Hazelwood to race Dunlop Series in 2017
Old 4 Dec 2016, 21:56 (Ref:3693660)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There seems to be some movement in the Dunlop series paddock, new gear moving in, old gear moving out.

The big teams set to have CotF chassis in their sheds before long too.

EMS are said to have at least 2x 888 VFs in their arsenal
MWR were said to be looking at a pair of prodrive FGXs
Image now have 2 GRM Dragon VFs in their shed
LDM looking to perhaps run 2 VFs in the series
BJR were said to be talking to at least 2 customers (i.e. 4 cars) for its VFs next year

While the likes of the Kosteckis were said to be looking to link up with EMS to run the same gear as them...

And Mr Hazelwood, fresh of his 3rd in the '16 series, returns in his JRR/MSR ex-Tekno VF, with a new title sponsor.

There are a few pilots looking for seats, including Mr de Pasquale (who had a solid year in the older PMM FG), Mr Kean (who started strongly in the BJR VF then dropped back), Mr Marjoram looking to step up to a newer model car, Ms Gracie looking to move on up, Ms Angelo looking for a full season deal....

Plus wherever Mr Le Brocq and Mr Jacobsen end up... and if Mr Dumbrell is set to come back..

Lots moving in this paddock..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Dec 2016, 06:04 (Ref:3693747)   #3
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There seems to be some movement in the Dunlop series paddock, new gear moving in, old gear moving out.

The big teams set to have CotF chassis in their sheds before long too.

EMS are said to have at least 2x 888 VFs in their arsenal
MWR were said to be looking at a pair of prodrive FGXs
Image now have 2 GRM Dragon VFs in their shed
LDM looking to perhaps run 2 VFs in the series
BJR were said to be talking to at least 2 customers (i.e. 4 cars) for its VFs next year

While the likes of the Kosteckis were said to be looking to link up with EMS to run the same gear as them...

And Mr Hazelwood, fresh of his 3rd in the '16 series, returns in his JRR/MSR ex-Tekno VF, with a new title sponsor.

There are a few pilots looking for seats, including Mr de Pasquale (who had a solid year in the older PMM FG), Mr Kean (who started strongly in the BJR VF then dropped back), Mr Marjoram looking to step up to a newer model car, Ms Gracie looking to move on up, Ms Angelo looking for a full season deal....

Plus wherever Mr Le Brocq and Mr Jacobsen end up... and if Mr Dumbrell is set to come back..

Lots moving in this paddock..
MSR would love to be in Fords. They obit got the car for Hazelwood as it was the only available COTF at the time.
How about an old DJR SBR revival in the dunlop series.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 4 Dec 2016, 23:43 (Ref:3693686)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My understanding is that MWR have had a PRA FGX in the shed for quite some time, and that they're waiting for a suitably-financed pilot for it. Perhaps Mr Pither?

Are PRA coming back?

Ms Gracie seems to think she's racing something next year, based on mutterings about acquiring a new helmet. In saying that, there's a strong vibe that Mr Jewel won't be looking after her affairs beyond this season.

Ms Angelo is said to have spoken to Image/Dragon, MWR and BJR about her future. Budgets required, and equipment offered seems to be varying by several hundred thousand dollars and chassis aged between 1 and 7 years old.

PMM are apparently looking for a pair of new chassis. Mr de Pasquale may stick around, if this is taken care of.

Will the new GRM VFs actually make it to DVS next year?

Will DJRTP offload cars into the series? Surely they've got a glut of dormant chassis by now?

It'll also be interesting to see over the next few weeks if SC decides to boot the Cars of the Past out of the series for next season. This may well spell the end of cut-price drives the likes of Ms Angelo, etc have enjoyed over the past season or so.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 01:37 (Ref:3693706)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Davies & Mr Russell may well be looking for drives here also..
Old 5 Dec 2016, 01:50 (Ref:3693709)   #6
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Mr Davies confirmed as stepping back to the Dev Series, from the horses mouth? ie not "may"
Old 5 Dec 2016, 01:54 (Ref:3693710)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Isn't Mr Davies confirmed as stepping back to the Dev Series, from the horses mouth? ie not "may"
The unknown may be the team partner in that mix, and perhaps whether LOCO Energy Drinks are set to follow him..
Old 5 Dec 2016, 02:25 (Ref:3693715)   #8
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By the way Betty has spruiked the Loco brand, you'd think she'd procured them herself.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 02:40 (Ref:3693719)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
By the way Betty has spruiked the Loco brand, you'd think she'd procured them herself.
Which is even funnier when Mr Reynolds' other half still works as a Monster Energy promo model
Old 5 Dec 2016, 02:51 (Ref:3693721)   #10
Umai Naa
Veteran

All the synergies...

I'm still baffled by the Betty/Coke thing.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 06:38 (Ref:3693758)   #11
Umai Naa
Veteran

The car belongs to James Rosenberg, leased to Mr Hazelwood, with MSR handling the prep.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 06:47 (Ref:3693761)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
The car belongs to James Rosenberg, leased to Mr Hazelwood, with MSR handling the prep.
And there still aren't an abundance of 'good' FGX CotF laying around...
Old 5 Dec 2016, 07:49 (Ref:3693774)   #13
rass cass
Rookie

rass cass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you will find Shae is already confirmed at MWR with the strong possibility of a previous driver returning from PRA to join him , MWR was also seen loading a Braeside built cotf into their transporter at Homebush with a second to follow.
BJR will only be running 3 dvs cars next year but there is a strong posibility of a fourth car being run by another privateer team.
MSR will have 2 T8 commodores for next year with driver lineups unchanged. Current car is actually owned by iSeek not James Rosenburg.
PRA are set to continue in dvs with a strong chance of additional PRA cars at PMM .
GRM new VF are a certainty as deals have already been done
LDM are working hard on expanding their DVS presence for next year with 2 cars a real possibility
KBR are rumoured to be moving their operation to the eastern seaboard with QLD a preferred destination
EMS is old news expect PD and either of the current drivers to confirm. PD ensures the T8 technical link that KBR are missing so it is unlikely he will not be there next year if he continues to co-drive with JW
Image/Dragon is rumoured to have had plenty of interest so expect an announcement's soon
The best chance of a female driver is still Renae with Velocity as management, unless Chelsea pulls a rabbit from her hat I do not think we will see here in a COTF next year. Dragon and Mr Park have funded her drives this year and Dragon are committed with Image and Mr Park with Chris Pither so i cant see any spare budget for Chelsea in 2017.
This all being said the field is unlikely to exceed 20 to 22 cars with only 1 project blueprint car likely to continue. Budgets to run have all increased by a minimum of 25% to cover purchase and running costs when compared with 2015 pre COTF. So much for reducing costs with the COTF .
Looks like V8 Touring cars might be the big winner here, you can see why Supercars are so keen to include V8 touring cars in their future plans.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 09:16 (Ref:3693788)   #14
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And out of all those (great breakdown by the way), how many will take the opportunity to run in the Great Race?
Old 5 Dec 2016, 09:24 (Ref:3693793)   #15
Umai Naa
Veteran

As a wildcard, or as an enduro driver?
Old 5 Dec 2016, 09:30 (Ref:3693797)   #16
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I assumed as wild card, From memory there was some special incentive for DVS to run wildcards at next years bathurst
Old 5 Dec 2016, 09:43 (Ref:3693803)   #17
Umai Naa
Veteran

Yeah, by taking away championship status from the support race for those who don't.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 09:46 (Ref:3693806)   #18
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Yeah, by taking away championship status from the support race for those who don't.
Was that it, or did they just take championship status away from the race itself
Old 5 Dec 2016, 09:53 (Ref:3693807)   #19
Umai Naa
Veteran

That is what is implied.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 21:01 (Ref:3694615)   #20
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
decided to put this one here instead of 2017 silly season thread as i reckon this is where he will end up

Jacobson weighs up critical Supercars decision
Old 8 Dec 2016, 08:14 (Ref:3694687)   #21
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rullo to PRA is one rumour I have heard.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 19:12 (Ref:3695583)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
MWR To Nissan (Confirmed)
Old 12 Dec 2016, 20:18 (Ref:3695607)   #23
Umai Naa
Veteran

It's an interesting move.

Although we've seen teams buy some absolute dogs in the past, and extract speed that their constructors couldn't.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 20:53 (Ref:3695614)   #24
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any suggestion of drivers? Could Ms Gracie find a budget in the hope of maintaining the SuperGirls connection?
Old 12 Dec 2016, 21:36 (Ref:3695621)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Any suggestion of drivers? Could Ms Gracie find a budget in the hope of maintaining the SuperGirls connection?
Was wondering if Ms Angelo was likely to continue and become a 'Supergirl' by association...

Interesting that Mr Le Brocq is testing/handing the car over today too