Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 May 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3077175)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[DV8SC12-R03] Dunlop Development Series Townsville, 6-8 Jul

Its sooooooo long since the Dunlop Development Series was last run... you kinda forget whats been going on...

Next round in Townsville.... some of these blokes have raced there before, some have not...

Who will be the team to beat? Will FPR rediscover their Adelaide DVS form, or has the chassis used by Mr Mostert been retained by maingamer Mr Reynolds...

Its not too far away til we find out...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Jun 2012, 02:07 (Ref:3091210)   #2
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
bring it on, going to this race for sure
Old 25 Jun 2012, 02:52 (Ref:3097548)   #3
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watch out. The Dude's back !!!!!!

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/06/25/...series-return/
Old 25 Jun 2012, 02:57 (Ref:3097550)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like those with the means will be leaving their best chassis in the workshop for this one!
Old 25 Jun 2012, 03:21 (Ref:3097557)   #5
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Does morris have a grudge with all the drivers? or will he limit he "fun" to just HRT drivers
Old 25 Jun 2012, 05:56 (Ref:3097579)   #6
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Looks like those with the means will be leaving their best chassis in the workshop for this one!
Have to create a market for all the main game cars somehow!
Old 26 Jun 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3098305)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Championship leader changes teams

Quote:
The change for McLaughlin comes on the back of securing a new supporting sponsor, set to be revealed in the coming days.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3098315)   #8
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's an odd one.

I was thought something was up when he didn't get the call up for an enduro drive with SBR.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3098323)   #9
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is it really that much of a difference though? moving from Stone Bros to the Son-of-Stone Bros? Aren't they prepped out of the same place?
Old 26 Jun 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3098338)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
is it really that much of a difference though? moving from Stone Bros to the Son-of-Stone Bros? Aren't they prepped out of the same place?
MSR is in a separate location. Their main gig for the last year or so has been operating the CotF prototypes for V8SA.

You might imagine that MSR is stocked with SBR hardware, and it seems to be, but might make sense for the SBR mothership to concentrate on their own CotF build program... and farm out the Dunlop series program to a friendly customer team.

The new sponsor may follow Mr McLaughlin to the much rumoured Tekno main game seat in 2013...
Old 27 Jun 2012, 00:35 (Ref:3098746)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
McLaughlin secures Indian manufacturer support

While not the first time this sort of sponsorship has happened, What a great marketing opportunity it would be to launch a basically unknown brand into australia

As anthony has pointed out elsewhere, i guess you cant have a mahindra sponsored car coming out of a ford sponsored team workshop
Old 2 Jul 2012, 05:12 (Ref:3100746)   #12
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So this means then that Scott will be 'racing buddies' with Daniel Jilesen then?

Sweet if it is
Old 6 Jul 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3102761)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P1

P2

P1+P2

There are some quickish cars in that field... but not at the top where you may expect. Sonic looks good, with both cars... FPR has one going good, the other not so much...

Tomorrow all will be on new rubber... lets see how close they are to the main game cars' times..
Old 7 Jul 2012, 02:12 (Ref:3103115)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q1

Interesting to note that Mr Russell's 1:14.0055 is barely 0.4s quicker than the 1997 F1 World Driver's Champion in the Pepsi Max Crew car....

The PMM cars are a bit further back than you might expect... lets see what race day brings, and whether some more crosses can be put onto those wretched wooden ducks

Old 7 Jul 2012, 02:18 (Ref:3103116)   #15
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
MSR is in a separate location. Their main gig for the last year or so has been operating the CotF prototypes for V8SA.

You might imagine that MSR is stocked with SBR hardware, and it seems to be, but might make sense for the SBR mothership to concentrate on their own CotF build program... and farm out the Dunlop series program to a friendly customer team.

The new sponsor may follow Mr McLaughlin to the much rumoured Tekno main game seat in 2013...
Driving away at the front currently, doesn't appear to have hurt at all.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 02:43 (Ref:3103121)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R1

Some of the guys with enduro seats lined up arent really shining here....
Old 7 Jul 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3103148)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Round Points

Series Points

Can Mr Mostert come back? Will Mr Per-cock (TM C.McConville...) make a charge... will Mr McLaughlin keep on trucking... the answers to these questions and more... on your #7 teev nearest you
Old 7 Jul 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3103186)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Steewards Update
DOC NO: DT 02

2012 DUNLOP SERIES - ROUND 3
Townsville Street Circuit, Townsville, Queensland.
6th to 8th July 2012

STEWARDS SUMMARY

UPDATE 2: 1730hrs Saturday 7th July 2012

Further matters arising from the Team Manager Briefing:

The Team Managers for Car #67 Nemo Racing Pty Ltd, and Car #73 Brett Stewart were late attending the briefing and both Competitors were each fined $125 by the Stewards.

Matters arising from Race 1:

There were no issues.

Matters arising from Qualifying:

For driving in a careless manner, (driving slowly and weaving on the fast line after Turn 10) the Stewards imposed a Pit Lane Penalty with a 2 minute stop on Car #73 Brett Stewart.

Matters arising from set up:

The Stewards imposed the penalty of a Fine of $3,000 totally suspended until 31/12/12 for a breach of Supplementary Regulation 1.6.1, and Rule B6.5.14, failed to remain outside the circuit until 0800hrs on 5/7/12 on the following teams:
• Novocastrian Motorsport, Car #58, #59, and #60.
• Nandi Kiss, Car #24
• Action Racing, Car #71
• MW Motorsport, Car #27 and #28

UPDATE 1: 0900hrs Saturday 7th July 2012

Matters arising from the Team Manager Briefing:

The Stewards applied the following Fine:
• The Team Manager for Car #222 Walkinshaw Performance was not present and was fined $250.

Matters arising from Practice:

The Stewards fined Elliot Barbour Car #98, $400 for exceeding the Speed Limit in Pit Lane.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 07:53 (Ref:3103645)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R2

R3

I half expected these races to be on the teev... live...

Round Points

Series POints

A race win for Mr Percat... a series lead extension for Mr McLaughlin.... a race in 3 for the title it seems...