Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 May 2015, 04:54 (Ref:3532422)   #1301
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Jessica Yates efforts in trying to encourage the Ingall v Skaife feud are becoming tiresome.

Yeah agree.
Old 1 May 2015, 10:10 (Ref:3532463)   #1302
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell_End View Post
Enjoying my morning coverage of the practice session of the different categories. Good background vision while I work
The vision is great, the commentary really good, the special features thru the garages suitably open with the teams, and absolutely not rushed. And its ad free. Awesome!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 May 2015, 10:40 (Ref:3532890)   #1303
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just had a laugh about what Mark Fogarty said today.
Quote:
In a five-year agreement worth $264 million, the V8s moved to a rights deal split between pay TV's Fox Sports and Network Ten.
He can't even get the figure right let alone how long the deal is for. Its $241m on a 6 year deal
Old 3 May 2015, 01:20 (Ref:3533354)   #1304
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saturday ratings for Perth V8s on Fox:
Race 7 - 82000
Race 8 - 75000
Rest of Saturday just under 60000.

An increase of about 20,000 from last race. Of course, they might be all the NRL fans who had nothing else to watch...

Last edited by mayhem; 3 May 2015 at 01:38.
Old 3 May 2015, 02:23 (Ref:3533366)   #1305
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Saturday ratings for Perth V8s on Fox:
Race 7 - 82000
Race 8 - 75000
Rest of Saturday just under 60000.

An increase of about 20,000 from last race. Of course, they might be all the NRL fans who had nothing else to watch...
How did that compare with last year?
Old 3 May 2015, 07:58 (Ref:3533464)   #1306
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
One would assume its down a fair amount on last year.

To put in perspective as well - the junior australian rugby league game out rated the v8s yesterday
Old 3 May 2015, 08:02 (Ref:3533468)   #1307
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
significantly better than last year, of course that depends what you are comparing doesnt it?
Old 3 May 2015, 11:07 (Ref:3533566)   #1308
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
significantly better than last year, of course that depends what you are comparing doesnt it?
TV numbers. You know the industry standard
Old 3 May 2015, 11:31 (Ref:3533580)   #1309
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
TV numbers. You know the industry standard
The viewers of live qualifying was up by over 100% on last year. according to tv numbers
Old 3 May 2015, 12:25 (Ref:3533596)   #1310
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The one hour highlights package on #12 seems to be pretty good

Its only real failing is the presenters referring to events and features shown on the Foxtel package that the OneHD fans dont get to see.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 May 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3533740)   #1311
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The viewers of live qualifying was up by over 100% on last year. according to tv numbers
Was live qualifying on last year?
Old 3 May 2015, 21:42 (Ref:3533746)   #1312
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Was live qualifying on last year?
Interesting question. Maybe you being OS can tell us, definately wasnt in Australia (apart from online)

Thus we ended up with a highlights package on 3 hour delay after we all knew the results
Old 3 May 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3533749)   #1313
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well if it wasnt on last year, it's mathematically impossible to be up 100% from the previous year's figures. (100% increase of zero is still zero)

AFL games on Fox alone are pulling over 200k numbers. I know where I'd go if I was a company looking to get into sporting advertising...
Old 3 May 2015, 21:59 (Ref:3533760)   #1314
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Well if it wasnt on last year, it's mathematically impossible to be up 100% from the previous year's figures. (100% increase of zero is still zero)

AFL games on Fox alone are pulling over 200k numbers. I know where I'd go if I was a company looking to get into sporting advertising...
sorry, it was live on v8 tv at the track.

Afl games have always pulled bigger numbers than v8s. thats not new. So "you" wou;d ahve always looked at it.

However you would never have got to sponsor the "mayhem" football team where as you could always sponsor the "mayhem" v8 team
Old 3 May 2015, 22:55 (Ref:3533806)   #1315
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Ive got no idea what point you're making, or at least trying to make.
Old 3 May 2015, 23:04 (Ref:3533812)   #1316
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Ive got no idea what point you're making, or at least trying to make.
Im making the point that AFL has always had a bigger TV audience than V8s. This is not new

If you were a sponsor you would have always gone to AFL if total audience was your interest.

However an advantage that v8s have is that you get naming rights over the team, that does not happen at AFL, thus sponsors come to v8s. you also get a big logo on the car as opposed to a small logo on the gurnsey
Old 4 May 2015, 00:34 (Ref:3533831)   #1317
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
V8 qualifying on the weekend had about 60K viewers.Last year the qualifying at sprint rounds had about 170-200K viewers on average.
Race viewing numbers on Saturday were up about 20K on Symmons but there was no NRL and bad weather on a lot of the East Coast which both would have helped viewer numbers.More concerning was that the V8's were heavily outrated by a youth rugby league game.Also that viewing numbers have been much less than the Fox F1 telecasts excepting Bahrain where the race was on at 1am.
This weekend was the first round where I have had time to watch a lot of the Foxtel coverage and it is excellent-particularly the coverage of support races-but I still feel based on viewer numbers so far it is a ticking time bomb for the class.
One tip kids to make watching it more time viable is to have a look at the meeting schedule so that you know what times the stuff is on you want to watch so you don't spend hours watching Yates/Skaife/Ingall at the desk and PR interviews that say nothing.
Old 4 May 2015, 00:43 (Ref:3533832)   #1318
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
One tip kids to make watching it more time viable is to have a look at the meeting schedule so that you know what times the stuff is on you want to watch so you don't spend hours watching Yates/Skaife/Ingall at the desk and PR interviews that say nothing.
The way they have the V8s in the guide is absolutely infuriating, little 13 minute bits and no way to press one button and record everything V8-related.

You'd think when you're paying through the nose you could get something easy to use.
Old 4 May 2015, 01:39 (Ref:3533847)   #1319
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
The way they have the V8s in the guide is absolutely infuriating, little 13 minute bits and no way to press one button and record everything V8-related.

You'd think when you're paying through the nose you could get something easy to use.
13 minutes is quick for Foxtel. When they say something is coming up shortly the tend to mean an hour, hour and a half away.

The only way to record it properly is to do so manually. Hopeless really.
Old 4 May 2015, 01:52 (Ref:3533848)   #1320
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Based on the viewers numbers delayed qualifying was more popular than the live qualifying Foxtel has on offer.

I've actually enjoyed the highlights on ONE. Can't see a reason to change to Foxtel.....yet.
Old 4 May 2015, 02:18 (Ref:3533851)   #1321
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Based on the viewers numbers delayed qualifying was more popular than the live qualifying Foxtel has on offer.

I've actually enjoyed the highlights on ONE. Can't see a reason to change to Foxtel.....yet.
well compared
Old 4 May 2015, 02:28 (Ref:3533853)   #1322
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
...no way to press one button and record everything V8-related.
Series link on the IQ2 records it all for me. Then I just delete the bits I don't want to see.
Old 4 May 2015, 03:01 (Ref:3533861)   #1323
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Series link on the IQ2 records it all for me. Then I just delete the bits I don't want to see.
I tested this at the time of the SMP test and it flat out didn't link, I wonder if they have fixed it, I did give them an epic spray about it.

I don't care about it recording too much, just scattered how they present it.
Old 4 May 2015, 05:11 (Ref:3533875)   #1324
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Things don't look to bright at Ten....

http://www.switzer.com.au/the-expert...me-outta-here/
Old 4 May 2015, 08:14 (Ref:3533896)   #1325
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Sunday V8 Fox ratings: 63000

Back to Symmons Plains numbers...