Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Dec 2017, 09:06 (Ref:3785610)   #1
slugger
Rookie

slugger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
supercars.com Disqus closed?

Not that I use the facility myself, but I am interested in the rationale behind SC turning off the readers ability to comment via the Disqus portal on the official site. Is it a long or short term measure? Is it simply a risk SC can no longer mitigate? Was there an incident in particular that triggered the action?
Old 7 Dec 2017, 10:34 (Ref:3785626)   #2
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good.

Speedcafe should do the same. Likewise their FB accounts. Nothing but a cesspool of negativity.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 12:55 (Ref:3785642)   #3
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those people would just go elsewhere. Personally I'm OK with just blocking the serial offenders myself (and I have done that on a couple of occasions).

Last edited by simonracer; 7 Dec 2017 at 13:04.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 13:00 (Ref:3785643)   #4
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm all for freedom of speech, but Jesus, those comment sections were a cesspool.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3785645)   #5
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a difference between freedom of speech, and airing derogatory remarks against those within the sport.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3785647)   #6
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
There's a difference between freedom of speech, and airing derogatory remarks against those within the sport.
I can completely understand why they've done it, nobody wants blatantly false/absurdly negative stuff written or said about them, especially not on their own website.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 23:07 (Ref:3785738)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I had been wondering when it would happen,

Was full of people constantly bagging supercars and commenting on multiple articles about the same thing

very troll infested
Old 8 Dec 2017, 01:27 (Ref:3785751)   #8
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speedcafe should edit theirs more too.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 06:34 (Ref:3785774)   #9
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Comments probably been turned off to avoid somebody having to monitor. There are some silly things said on this forum from time to time, but nothing compared with the hatred and bile sprouted by the knuckle draggers on those two sites. Quite frankly I am surprised comments weren't turned off long ago.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 22:55 (Ref:3786679)   #10
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good.

Speedcafe should do the same. Likewise their FB accounts. Nothing but a cesspool of negativity.

Is there any forum on the internet where you can have informed, intelligent discussion with people about VASC?

Facebook, Speedcafe.com, Supercars.com and V8 Central are out. This place has its moments but still a lot of keyboard warriors here and not enough industry players.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 23:43 (Ref:3786689)   #11
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
This place has its moments but still a lot of keyboard warriors here and not enough industry players.
That is a good point.

With my other hobby I can converse on-line directly with designers, manufacturers and other enthusiasts.

Why don't we see RBRA or PRA posting here and engaging with the fans?
Old 12 Dec 2017, 23:49 (Ref:3786692)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the bathurst 1000 thread got 50 voters in the pole. Im not sure spending time on this forum is value for money for the big teams

Can do that through their facebook page and reach a much wider audience for the same investment in time
Old 13 Dec 2017, 02:39 (Ref:3786718)   #13
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
the bathurst 1000 thread got 50 voters in the pole. Im not sure spending time on this forum is value for money for the big teams

Can do that through their facebook page and reach a much wider audience for the same investment in time
True, but can you ask a question of Mark Duttton or Jamie Whincup and expect a reply?

I can ask a question of Mark Herman or Richard Berg and will receive a reply.
Old 13 Dec 2017, 03:14 (Ref:3786724)   #14
Umai Naa
Veteran

Occasionally, we've had industry players past and present.

But the trolls and keyboard warriors saw to that.
Old 13 Dec 2017, 03:56 (Ref:3786738)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Occasionally, we've had industry players past and present.

But the trolls and keyboard warriors saw to that.
There are still a few around...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House