Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Dec 2017, 10:16 (Ref:3785788)   #1
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About Time for Larry

As a follower of Australians in various forms of Motorsport,The Melbourne Gp race is to go for the LP trophy.

Although I am a Ford fan, I have always liked Larry, and especially the fact he went os, raced and came home and did some.

All I can say, If I was a Team Owner, I would love to have a Larry Perkins trophy in the workshop.

Congrats Larry and thanks for your racing.

Larry's achievements :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Perkins

There are a few more like Larry, but this is a great honour , and I am sure , many drivers in today's racing, wish they had the opportunities and raced where Larry did .

Just wish the SA meet at the start of the year would honour a great SA resident, one Vern Schuppan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vern_Schuppan
Old 8 Dec 2017, 11:57 (Ref:3785809)   #2
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Just wish the SA meet at the start of the year would honour a great SA resident, one Vern Schuppan.
While I agree with you, I don't see Supercars sharing any interest in anything to do with someone like Vern Schuppan sadly.

The "Legends Lane" thing at Bathurst showed where their interests lie
Old 8 Dec 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3785813)   #3
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
I think that this is only the 2nd time that a VASC trophy bears a previous driver's name isn't it?
Peter Brock trophy and now the Larry Perkins Trophy.

Up till now there hasn't been much naming of trophies after previous champions, so not sure whether it'll stay as a couple only or if this is the start of more regularly naming trophies after past drivers.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3785846)   #4
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perfectly said.

Legend !
Old 8 Dec 2017, 20:31 (Ref:3785920)   #5
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I think that this is only the 2nd time that a VASC trophy bears a previous driver's name isn't it?
Peter Brock trophy and now the Larry Perkins Trophy.

Up till now there hasn't been much naming of trophies after previous champions, so not sure whether it'll stay as a couple only or if this is the start of more regularly naming trophies after past drivers.
Jason Richards, and Mark Porter?
Old 9 Dec 2017, 09:05 (Ref:3785981)   #6
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Jason Richards, and Mark Porter?
Yeah, of course. Those had slipped my mind.