Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:23 (Ref:3783095)   #876
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Smart drive by Todd.
Mat Stone Racing
Congrats
Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:24 (Ref:3783097)   #877
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mat White Racing

Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:32 (Ref:3783103)   #878
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matt seems like a reasonably calm guy but I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere near him after that.

Going back to Hazelwood, in fairness to him he and De Pasquale both started their full-on car racing careers in the same year (2012) and in the same category (Victorian Formula Ford). Anton also did two years overseas while Todd was starting out in the V8s. Golding (who is one year younger then those two) started in Vic Formula Ford the year after.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:37 (Ref:3783104)   #879
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Dale Wood won it in his 4th season.

Many call it "the development series", so why not let drivers develop their craft in it?
Of course that's what it's for.

Dale Wood turned out to be more journeyman than champion (likewise Joylon Palmer won the GP2 championship -- eventually), but hopefully (I think) Todd Hazelwood is more champion material.

He only did the one year in open wheelers, unlike the two to four seasons that some youngsters others do (and even Carrera Cup adventures on top of that), so perhaps the extra miles in actual Supercars offsets that.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:40 (Ref:3783106)   #880
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post
Jacobson's had 5 years, Le Brocq's had 4 (with the exception of one round). Waters was in the series for 4 years, although he won the series after 3 years. De Pasquale will be making it into the main game after 2 years, although he wasn't quite a championship contender this year.
How Jack Smith is doing Super2 and Kumho and NZ V8s -- that seems to be a "better" approach, budget permitting... Maybe the season mileage in Super2 isn't really enough.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:51 (Ref:3783110)   #881
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Smith has a lot more money to play with.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3783166)   #882
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Nov 2017, 02:08 (Ref:3783334)   #883
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see Hazelwood take the title, Congrats to him.

Someone mentioned sausage sizzles to get him there. We were only just talking about that in the office here....his parents must have sold snags to most of Adelaide to help Todd achieve his goals. I look forward to seeing him on the big stage next year.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 02:59 (Ref:3783342)   #884
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just about every weekend they were doing something.

If that's not dedication, I don't know what is.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 03:02 (Ref:3783343)   #885
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see effort get its just rewards. Todd and his whole family put in an enormous amount of work to support his dream. For him to get the championship win was an awesome outcome.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3783991)   #886
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 29 Nov 2017, 11:19 (Ref:3784002)   #887
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Andy Jones’ last ride at the weekend too
Seemed to pass without a lot of fanfare..
Old 29 Nov 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3784009)   #888
Umai Naa
Veteran

I was unaware that he wasn't continuing the Super2 thing.

I thought he was just stepping away from the enduros.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3784175)   #889
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Andy Jones’ last ride at the weekend too
Seemed to pass without a lot of fanfare..
Drivers far more successful received a lot less.

We don't do retirement well because often they retiring driver still drives in some other series or comes back to race in the enduros.

Andrew even said he was open to offers.
Old 30 Nov 2017, 01:37 (Ref:3784205)   #890
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few 12 Hour teams could do worse than get Andy on board, he's relatively quick and doesnt bend many cars from his own doing.
Old 10 Dec 2017, 00:32 (Ref:3786084)   #891
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The SORF comedy show
Old 10 Dec 2017, 03:15 (Ref:3786101)   #892
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Mr Kean and Mr Smith, and to a lesser extent Mr Le Brocq, might be entitled to royalties for repeated appearances on the screen.

Were there actually events where the first two completed a race meeting in Super2 without scratching the toy?
Old 10 Dec 2017, 05:16 (Ref:3786103)   #893
Umai Naa
Veteran

Yet Mr Smith had a relatively trouble free run to the KV8 title. Is it him, or the company down that end of the grid in Super2?
Old 10 Dec 2017, 05:22 (Ref:3786104)   #894
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Yet Mr Smith had a relatively trouble free run to the KV8 title. Is it him, or the company down that end of the grid in Super2?
Arguably Mr Smith had one of the better tools in the toolbox in KV8, which gave him good qualifying spots, and usually not excessive amounts of competition in those races... the racecraft is the bit that perhaps needs a tuneup, to be able to play in traffic and not wipe the front off the toy so often.. especially when way outside the top 10 as he is/was so often in Super2
Old 10 Dec 2017, 21:33 (Ref:3786183)   #895
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Kean and Mr Smith, and to a lesser extent Mr Le Brocq, might be entitled to royalties for repeated appearances on the screen.

Were there actually events where the first two completed a race meeting in Super2 without scratching the toy?
With guest appearances with anyone who's surname starts with 'K' and ends in 'ostecki'.