Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 28 Feb 2004, 17:33 (Ref:888312)   #1
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

#15 tkm 4/ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super 1: TKM

As we are new to super 1, does anyone know if we are allowed to test the previous week at that circuit.. cause super one is in a fortnights time at buckmore, but f6 is at buckmore next weekend. We know that last season you wernt allowed to do it, but we were looking through the REGS and we couldnt find anywhere which said about this season. Any help would be great, as we dont want to be excluded from the very first race of the season!

Last edited by #15 tkm 4/; 28 Feb 2004 at 17:34.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 19:00 (Ref:888391)   #2
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey #15, it's our first season of S1 too!!! We're #74 in Junior TKM, entry's in for Buckmore, hopefully see you down there if we're going

AFAIK most clubs don't allow you to arrive before a certain time, usually on Thursday night, so I'm assuming that means you can't be at the circuit for a few days before the event. But I wouldn't think there should be a problem with you doing the F6 event. I've had a look through the regs, and it seems you're right, there's limited clarity on this.

I'm going for the "better safe than sorry" approach - arriving on Thursday night and testing all day Friday. Seeing as I've never been to the circuit before, one of the most difficult to learn in the country, and it's about a 1500 mile round trip, it's gonna be a long weekend...
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 29 Feb 2004, 21:08 (Ref:889433)   #3
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

nah, its quite a easy circuit to learn *watch out for drain on edge of the kerb, on the corner, where you exit the pitlane*. yea we are going down on thursday night and practising all friday too. Its gonna be a long old trip, to larkhall for us though... so i could see me sleeping most of the way there and back

Last edited by #15 tkm 4/; 29 Feb 2004 at 21:09.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 11:12 (Ref:889930)   #4
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GOOD LUCK

GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS IN YOUR RACES, MAYBE we should have a results page or somethink on this forum???? Im a poor student racing a brand new parolin rotax max!!! hmm poor?? yes!!!!
Good luck, does nathen freke do tkm super 1????? hes unbeatable in the north west, money helps though!
Old 1 Mar 2004, 19:35 (Ref:890520)   #5
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Cheers min, will need all the luck I can get

Results page? Hmm, interesting idea for the forum there tator In the short term, I'll post a link to the Buckmore results after they get put up on the S1 page (how's that for pressure on us, eh Sammy? ).

Don't think Freke does TKM, isn't it gearbox he's in?
Old 1 Mar 2004, 21:07 (Ref:890628)   #6
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

yea just a bit of pressure... *heres a point* if you send me a ten-tenths sticker i'll have it on my kart. neways Ive got a excuse if i have a bad finish... i'll be racing with a broken toe some daft bird ran me over in there car

Yea he does 125 short and long circuit me thinks.

And a result page would be great and proberly would get more posts on the kart forum too
Old 2 Mar 2004, 11:43 (Ref:891119)   #7
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
GREAT WELL you two are obviously more professional(or have more funding) than me (rotax max driver glan y gors champ) so i guess u will be appearing more! our feb results from gyg rnt on www.karting.co.uk yet which is a bit bad! i finished 9th in the final from back of grid my stupid thermostat engine is letting me down. i finished 5th in my 4th ever heat in max!!! iv only done 4 meetings in a max and havent ben out in kart since 93 in cadetS scary no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2 Mar 2004, 11:44 (Ref:891120)   #8
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
emm im not the champ justa championship driver lol woops!!!
Old 2 Mar 2004, 18:11 (Ref:891497)   #9
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

Yea were deffently not on a big budget *two chassi's and one tkm 4stroke engine* so, im gonna hope im more professional than big funding Thats a good result, ive only every driven a 2 stroke once and that was a vintage rotax a while ago.. would love to have a go in a rotax though to see how it compaires to my tkm. i dont wanna do rotax cause i think of it as a bumper car class, but as it becoming a massive take over in the british karting scene, we could be very close to doing rotax s1, next year
Old 2 Mar 2004, 19:32 (Ref:891587)   #10
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
And we're far from on a big budget either!

My dad suffers from M.E. which means he can only work part time, as well as having a major effect on how he feels driving to and during race weekends. Couple that with my mum running an unprofitable health & beauty business, and our total family income is very little. This means that obviously our budget is dramatically less (been £7-8k for each of the last few seasons, a lot of which has come out of family savings) than that of almost all of the guys we'll be racing at in S1. I'm pretty sure I'll have to stop karting at the end of the year, to stop the drain on the family from getting even worse

Considering all our above problems, lack of testing time, running out the back of a trailer and unconventional chassis (we're the only ones on a Wright Braga in the north of the UK), I don't think we've done too bad a job in the 3 years we've been in the game. Was 3rd/13 in the club championship at Boyndie in my first year, having come from 10 points behind to 1 ahead at the last round, very nearly winning a heat on merit (against tough opposition, I came from 6th on the grid to take the lead with 2/3 laps to go, but got repassed and ended up 2nd).

2002 was a bit barren, but we put in a great performance at the Scottish champs, surprising many to come from normal midfield obscurity to be right up on the pace, finishing 6th/15 in the final after a close multi-kart fight for runner's up spot.

2003 was our best season so far. Out of 18 finals, we got
our first 3 fastest laps (Golspie & 2 at Boyndie), our first pole (Boyndie) and maiden 2 wins (Wigan & Glan-y-Gors). Were you at the latter perhaps tator? July meeting? We finished 2nd in the NKF, having come from a long way behind thanks to a DNF at Wigan and no-show at Warden Law. We won the NKRA Scottish & Grand Final titles in Inter, though I was a bit ****ed off at the Grand Final having been one of the quickest of the 17 overall including Juniors all weekend, that we got caught up in an incident on lap 3 and bent the kart, still managing to drag the kart home as the top Inter, but am sure I could have finished in the top 5 instead of 10th if I hadn't been in the wrong place at the wrong time. We were also going very well at the Scottish champs, finishing 2nd in each of the dry heats, and netting 2nd on the grid for the final, but the tragic passing of the polesitter's father during the lunchbreak cast a shadow over the class, and we all agreed to withdraw in respect.

I won a trip to Knockhill for my performance at the '02 Scottish, along with 17 other drivers, and sat my ARDS test in an MG TF, drove a FFirst single seater, and got cheaufered around at high speed in a ZS by Colin Turkington. If the MSA and T-Cars stop mucking me about ( ) I can hopefully get my mits on a car licence, and hopefully find a way there at some point in the future.

Well, that's my karting life story LOL! Now just don't
ever call me well-funded or professional again
Old 4 Mar 2004, 23:18 (Ref:894130)   #11
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

good luck to you mate with the whole car licence, sounds like a intresting karting career you have had, but i dont wanna get into my career. Not that intresting
Old 5 Mar 2004, 19:23 (Ref:895204)   #12
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Cheers mate The time draws nearer and the tension rises - only 6 days to go till leaving on Thurday...
Old 5 Mar 2004, 22:29 (Ref:895363)   #13
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by #15 tkm 4/
rotax cause i think of it as a bumper car class, but as it becoming a massive take over in the british karting scene, we could be very close to doing rotax s1, next year
Tell me about it! I have just taken out on track insurance for my Rotax
Old 5 Mar 2004, 22:41 (Ref:895367)   #14
JnrJnr
Racer

England
North West
JnrJnr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nathan tends to race whatever he can, and tends to do well in every class. Money does help, but Nathan and Century racing get there results from working hard and good preparation, not spending loads of money.

I should know, i used to drive for them when i did S1. Good luck at buckmore guys.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 22:28 (Ref:898712)   #15
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

cheers, JnrJnr...only, 3days till we leave, and weve already checked over the chassi's twice each cant wait now.. you prob see me on all the nights cause i'll be the one skate boarding and proberly the only driver in super1 who dosn't dress smart and with a face piercing good luck once again
Old 9 Mar 2004, 19:12 (Ref:899801)   #16
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't brake your leg before you even get out on track by skating!
Old 9 Mar 2004, 19:13 (Ref:899803)   #17
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Quote:
i'll be the one skate boarding and proberly the only driver in super1 who dosn't dress smart and with a face piercing
Oh, you're gonna feel right at home in my presence then! The only teenage kid there to have a beard, spotty face, trashed trousers, scabby old Seattle Seahawks T-shirt I've had for years, same with ancient jacket, etc., etc.

To hell with the PR-friendly innocent look, roll on the good times!
Old 9 Mar 2004, 20:52 (Ref:899947)   #18
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

absoulty, but i'll be having my jeans on, which cover my shoes and if i wernt 16, i prob be trying to drink to!

Im sure i wont brake my leg, because as im aware theres no bigdrops at buckmore for me to do that at! :P
Old 9 Mar 2004, 22:00 (Ref:900025)   #19
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

but i suppose i can get quite a bit of speed up at the downhill bit by the pits, that could be fun!
Old 14 Mar 2004, 21:06 (Ref:905294)   #20
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

just got back from super 1, and it was kind of a mixed day racing for me.. was raining all day.. first heat i started 7th and finished 2nd, second heat i started last and finished 6th and thrid heat i started pole and was nocked off while leading, the geeza went for a gap which wernt there even if it was dry!! and bent my rear bumper into a right angle! and then in the final i started tenth and finished 6th even though my throttle was sticking on... So there you go, you have just heard about my super 1 weekend.. crozier i was watching you on saterday and looked like you were quite fast for your first go on that track, how you do?
Old 15 Mar 2004, 10:56 (Ref:905724)   #21
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire

WELL DONE TKM SOUNDS like you had a good weekend really! did you get a trphey for 6th???
Crozier how did you get on???
I cant wait for sunday round 2 of DRAGON glan y gors VCLUB meeting!!! fo rme the student racer hahahaha i should have got a student loan after all!!!
Old 15 Mar 2004, 21:47 (Ref:906377)   #22
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Only just got back home an hour ago, 600 mile drive, yeesh Sorry I didn't speak to you at some point during the weekend Sam, but it was really busy for me down there I was watching and cheering you on from the balcony for the A Final. Brilliant drive man, from near the back of the grid to 6th, very impressive, congrats! I think you need a

Had a pretty bad day to be honest, which wasn't helped by the frankly **** weather. Got fired off at the second corner in my first heat. Then in the second, Joel Mulholland got into a big slide right in front of me on the downhill run, and heavy braking in avoidance locked me up and I slid to a standstill right in front of everyone on the dummy grid Took ages before I got restarted, the poor standard of pushers was an irritation all weekend unfortunately Heat 3 was my best grid slot (3rd), but proved to be a disaster, having a clean run but just dropping right through the field and ending up about 17th.

Somehow, inspite of such poor heats, I ended up 3rd on the grid for the B Final, which I was quite surprised and pleased with, although also a wee bit ****ed off that if only I had bagged just a few more points with cleaner first 2 heats I might have qualified straight into the A. As it was, I had dropped to 5th by the 2nd corner, when I tried to duck back underneath fellow Scot Linda Rose on the exit, only to shunted from behind and into a spin. Again, it took bloody ages before I got restarted. The rest of the race was actually fairly enjoyable, just running on my own at the back, trying to catch the field, I seemed to be driving the best I had all day, it was just really flowing and the kart was handling well. I got some nice satisfaction (and revenge ) when I fairly rocketed up to catch boy Mulholland and pass him easily on the last lap With Cassey Watson being penalised a lap for taking to the shortcut, I ended up 3rd last, but still, I had fun in the B and came out of parc ferme with a smile on my face The championship looks a little bit better - 34th/39, ahead of a lot of the people I knew I was faster than, just behind ex-Scottish Super Series champ Rose and, most satisfyingly of all, ahead of fellow Scots lads Steven Napier and Cameron Craig, both of whom have bigger budgets and fancier equipment than me

Results here:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/super1/4t_buck.html
Old 15 Mar 2004, 22:22 (Ref:906420)   #23
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

well done! i saw you while i was in the pits having my fuel tested... on saterday night were you watching the corporates on the pit exit? think i saw ya... the corporates were a right lauf
Old 16 Mar 2004, 11:02 (Ref:906886)   #24
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
UNLUCKY CROZIER KEEP THE RESULTS INFOMRED ON HERE PEOPLE!!! DO YOU WANNA KNOW HOW I GET ON AT GLAN Y GORS????
Old 16 Mar 2004, 18:53 (Ref:907351)   #25
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Yep, that was me at the end of the dummy grid watching the prokarts with ma mates Fraser and Steven. Think I saw you too, though it was a bitty dark to be sure You're right though, they were a real good laugh, plenty of action there!!

tator, yeah, would be nice to hear from you after GYG.
Great track, my favourite so far, and the one meeting I've had there is full of happy memories Best of luck min