Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jul 2017, 06:24 (Ref:3751083)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
British Grand Prix 2017: Grand Prix Weekend Thread

There are uneasy times for the British Grand Prix as we head to Silverstone for Round 10 of 20 in this year's championship.

Although the circuit was reprofiled a few years ago, it remains one of the favourites for many drivers, with a lot of quick corners presenting them with an exciting challenge.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 09:38 (Ref:3751105)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I love Silverstone,this race is not leaving the calender.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3751120)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Fred gets yet another penalty for Honda change, although it's only a five place, so hopefully he can repeat the FP1 form, as McLaren are looking better this weekend
Old 14 Jul 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3751123)   #4
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am surprised this hasn't been discussed yet...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...ish-gp-930103/

What was the expected outcome of not following a safety related directive during scrutineering?

Richard

Edit: As expected... the team was on the loosing end of this disagreement...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/n...-rosso-930354/
Old 14 Jul 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3751171)   #5
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good job by Palmer today, comfortably under 1 sec off Hulk's pace.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 14:54 (Ref:3751191)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaprecord View Post
good job by Palmer today, comfortably under 1 sec off Hulk's pace.
Do I detect tongue in cheek?
Old 14 Jul 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3751204)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I am surprised this hasn't been discussed yet...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...ish-gp-930103/

What was the expected outcome of not following a safety related directive during scrutineering?

Richard

Edit: As expected... the team was on the loosing end of this disagreement...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/n...-rosso-930354/
so yeah started out as a bad story for STR but it in the end it doesnt seem like they did anything intentionally wrong,...the team and their tether manu both confirmed that it was within parameters, knots and all, and just a bit of a used part but in the end STR made a voluntary choice to change it.

storm in a teacup?
Old 14 Jul 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3751208)   #8
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so yeah started out as a bad story for STR but it in the end it doesnt seem like they did anything intentionally wrong,...the team and their tether manu both confirmed that it was within parameters, knots and all, and just a bit of a used part but in the end STR made a voluntary choice to change it.

storm in a teacup?
It's minor drama, but fully and easily avoidable by Toro Rosso.

I tend to believe that the entire outcome was a small bit of face saving effort on everyone's part. But in the end, the stewards decision said they can't use the existing tether and that it must be changed... and it was. I think the only thing in Toro Rosso's favor is that they provided evidence that the knots were OK.

The real question is why did Toro Rosso think they could just ignore the directions from the scrutineers or that it would play out in their favor? I expect the correct course of action would have been...

1. Change the tether after the issue was brought up during scrutineering.
2. Then provide evidence to clarify what can/can't be used next time to avoid dispute.

Richard
Old 14 Jul 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3751252)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis has won the British GP four times, wining the last three races in a row. So, can he use to his advantage and take the fight back to Vettel, who has won here once in 2009?
Old 14 Jul 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3751258)   #10
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Bottas now has a gearbox change penalty........which is convenient...........
Was he too fast today...................
Old 14 Jul 2017, 19:36 (Ref:3751259)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
One for the conspiracy theorists!

Can't wait....
Old 14 Jul 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3751264)   #12
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah might have less to do with Lewis, more to do with taking the penalty somewhere you can make up lost positions "easily".
Old 14 Jul 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3751267)   #13
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking forward to the British Grand Prix. I know Silverstone has a few problems at the moment, but hope they can work them out.

What will happen with the Vettel and Hamilton fight?
Old 14 Jul 2017, 20:25 (Ref:3751277)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Yeah might have less to do with Lewis, more to do with taking the penalty somewhere you can make up lost positions "easily".
don't go making sensible comments like that around the conspiracy theorists, they'll come after you with their pitchforks
Old 14 Jul 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3751290)   #15
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Watching the free Practice today I was in absolute awe of the the pace of the cars - Copse flat out!

I did comment to my mate that we hadn't done so bad last month as our race pace was about the same time that the leaders were clocking in FP2 in race simulation ................then he pointed out that we were on the International circuit which is only a shade over half the distance of the GP circuit........
Old 15 Jul 2017, 07:31 (Ref:3751372)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's gotten worse for Fred, he's now got a 30 place grid penalty. Once again makes a mockery of qualifying. Honda are a disgrace to F1
Old 15 Jul 2017, 08:49 (Ref:3751383)   #17
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Ricciardo now with a grid penalty!

This is getting ridiculous.....ly exciting!!

Hopefully see some great overtaking from VB, FA and DR.

Or is this just RBR making sure MV has a better race than DR for once??
Old 15 Jul 2017, 09:03 (Ref:3751388)   #18
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The best way for a team to avoid issuing team orders, to two drivers in with a shout for the championship, is to change their gearbox's. Don't think Hamilton will be a happy bunny if he were to lose the title again because of reliability issues.He was paranoid enough last year about his car.......why did he keep getting problems and Rosberg didn't......he kept reminding everyone......a lot.

We haven't seen Hamilton and Bottas get "up close and personal" yet and there was every chance it could happen at Silverstone. I think the Mercs will have an advantage over Ferrari this weekend so maybe they want to ensure Hamilton's reliability paranoia doesn't start to surface.If Hamilton has car issues this year,
then I imagine Bottas will have a similar number too.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3751405)   #19
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Hamilton is such a brat. He had some goodwill on his side being on the right side of the vettel incident. Then he skips the fan show thing they put on. Then nbcsn played his interviews from last year about wanting to get close to the fans and feed off their energy and how great it is. He's quite the phony.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3751412)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Am I the only person getting really fed up with the 'lets favour Hamilton' conspiracy theories......? Jeez.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 12:25 (Ref:3751417)   #21
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolutely sublime from Alonso to top Q1.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 12:40 (Ref:3751420)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Perfect strategy.....

Enjoyed the crowds reaction, there's a lot of love for Fred.....
Old 15 Jul 2017, 12:52 (Ref:3751421)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's gotten worse for Fred, he's now got a 30 place grid penalty. Once again makes a mockery of qualifying. Honda are a disgrace to F1
I don't think disgrace is the right word. It implies they have done something dishonorable, which they haven't.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3751424)   #24
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't think disgrace is the right word. It implies they have done something dishonorable, which they haven't.
Exactly. The word disgrace should only be used when Vettel is the subject line.

Old 15 Jul 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3751429)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Exactly. The word disgrace should only be used when Vettel is the subject line.

Possibly, .