Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 14 May 2022, 20:19 (Ref:4109960)   #1
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its been a long time!

Hey!
It's been a longtime! I really hope the brains of this forum are still around!

Long story short I moved to mainland U.S. ,have lived in 3 states and finally settled down and bought a property in MI
Me being me I just couldn't resist the urge for speed and tracks, but at my age I wouldn't want to get hurt, so I downsized my bike, and built my own backyard track, all that know me will know I put my heart into this "project"

So you will see that according to Google Earth there are trees in the way of the track but I promised I've spent weeks cleaning up by myself, so the line is relatively clear. It's also starting to dry out so now I can use the rearmost part , which is still pretty darn slick , I gotta fix those bumps because they mess my corner speed pretty bad

My reference laptime is 1:26

I started out at casual pace and then went for the best I could do at the time, without violating the bikes break in period and my own limits lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChZQ8nrBFW0
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 3.41.46 PM.jpg  

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 14 May 2022 at 20:45.
Old 15 May 2022, 11:24 (Ref:4110052)   #2
kerb
Racer

Australia
canberra
kerb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really has been a long time Luiggi, as I'm sure you've noticed its pretty much been just me here lately, with some cameos from yannick and griffin.

As for your circuit, dirt and bikes are a bit out of my expertise, but you have used the space you have pretty well. A bit more work on the surface, especially on the grassy bits, and you should get it pretty quick.
Old 18 May 2022, 12:30 (Ref:4110473)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well hello stranger, good to hear from you again.

Sounds like things have certainly moved on for you. I hope this isn't just a flying visit.
Perhaps your return could spark a few others off again myself included.
Old 21 May 2022, 16:29 (Ref:4110816)   #4
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Well hello stranger, good to hear from you again.

Sounds like things have certainly moved on for you. I hope this isn't just a flying visit.
Perhaps your return could spark a few others off again myself included.
My Brother ScotsBrutesFan!!!

Absolutely this is my new home! Michigan is beautiful and a ton of off road racing.

Although this is not an asphalt circuit, it's been quite fun to actually experiment and see how turns feel as you build them.

At first I drew one of my own "geometric" circuits but once here I started to do a "circumstantial" circuit using the terrain features as guides, and it kind of worked at first. Later I decided view Google again and I figured a few sections "from above" and now I've finally came to what I think is the best use of the available terrain. (My neighbors are extra cool, they allowed me to invade their land without any issues )

So this is the latest revision:
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 11.36.59 AM.jpg  
Old 23 Oct 2022, 21:41 (Ref:4131224)   #5
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see you back Luiggi.

From above, your design looks very much like an "original Interlagos for go-karts". For safety reasons, I would not run bikes on this one if it had asphalt as its surface. I don't know much about dirt bike racetracks, though.
Old 27 Nov 2023, 02:00 (Ref:4187458)   #6
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Howdy fellas!!!!

Finally Google Maps updated my area, finally I decided to build a small cross kart sized to the track, and shoot a video so I can show you my track!!! Here it goes with much love for all my old friends here! Dream made reality, in a mini way!

Check it out, I think I made good use of the terrain, extracting 0.4 mile of usable track on less than 2 acres, the lanes are wide, you have options and the track has some flow to it, once you learn it!
Lap times on the bike were 1:05 ish, with the kart I was doing 1:07 on the video but since then I lowered the kart by 3.5 inches and I'm sure I sliced 2 seconds easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J6g-myi-f0

The track on a motorcycle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bcricHY_hE
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 8.31.33 PM.png  

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 27 Nov 2023 at 02:12.
Old 27 Nov 2023, 03:36 (Ref:4187463)   #7
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Discard that sketch, I think this one looks better, Im a bit rusty!
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 10.21.24 PM.png