Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 Jan 2015, 16:11 (Ref:3495598)   #51
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would like to see Hendrick do a deal
with Petty to get the 9 for Chase in 2016.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 16:14 (Ref:3495599)   #52
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
If Hendrick has a new super talent (Chase Elliott) I can't see them retiring #24.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 17:06 (Ref:3495614)   #53
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
#3 was retired for a time for obvious reasons. I don't see any reason Hendrick should be any different than Petty, Wood etc., but that's me. It's up to Mr. Hendrick, afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
I would like to see Hendrick do a deal
with Petty to get the 9 for Chase in 2016.
x2 and slap Coors / Melling on the side for the Southern 500. Ah, the good all days.

He'll have to wear a red fro wig all weekend and talk a little funnier
Old 23 Jan 2015, 18:00 (Ref:3495644)   #54
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
#3 was retired for a time for obvious reasons. I don't see any reason Hendrick should be any different than Petty, Wood etc., but that's me. It's up to Mr. Hendrick, afterall.

x2 and slap Coors / Melling on the side for the Southern 500. Ah, the good all days.

He'll have to wear a red fro wig all weekend and talk a little funnier
Ahh, back when race cars used to be cars.....
Old 23 Jan 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3495657)   #55
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Chase Elliot annihilating the opposition with the 24 would annoy me on reflection.

Give the lad another number - any number, please.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 20:45 (Ref:3495715)   #56
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
....and men were men, and there were no chickenshit restrictor plates!!!!
Old 23 Jan 2015, 22:30 (Ref:3495771)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Chase Elliot annihilating the opposition with the 24 would annoy me on reflection.

Give the lad another number - any number, please.
It would be like going to the "gentleman's club"; it's great while you're there (minus the watered down, expensive whiskey), but you feel like you need to shower afterwards, and fast.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 22:35 (Ref:3495774)   #58
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
....and men were men, and there were no chickenshit restrictor plates!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Plates was my first thought too to his comment, clive but sorry joe, there's absolutely nothing "stock" about that stockcar either. It is, however recognizable when compared to it's street version, unlike anything on the speedways these days....
Old 27 Jan 2015, 00:57 (Ref:3497833)   #59
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No more flared side skirts.

Quote:
but sorry joe, there's absolutely nothing "stock" about that stockcar either. It is, however recognizable when compared to it's street version, unlike anything on the speedways these days....
Serious question, when was the last time NASCAR stockcars were "stock"?
Old 27 Jan 2015, 01:04 (Ref:3497835)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post

1949? I don't know. I know there was a strictly stock class where you could literally only change tire pressures, along with modifieds and others but the strictly stock class has been gone for a while.

Not sure when, but I'd say it was in the 70s sometime, when the factories left the full support of the series, when things became fully purpose built rather than modifying a street car.

JH?
Old 27 Jan 2015, 22:44 (Ref:3498117)   #61
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

If you mean purely stock, that has never really happened. However, they used fully stock bodies and chassis until '67. They used stock chassis and body panels (a donor car was still required) until '80, albeit highly modified. They morphed into what we know as stock cars today in 1981.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 23:16 (Ref:3498131)   #62
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shane Van Gisbergen wants to do a one-off NASCAR Xfinity Series road course race this year.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 16:17 (Ref:3498305)   #63
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
1949? I don't know. I know there was a strictly stock class where you could literally only change tire pressures, along with modifieds and others but the strictly stock class has been gone for a while.

Not sure when, but I'd say it was in the 70s sometime, when the factories left the full support of the series, when things became fully purpose built rather than modifying a street car.

JH?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
If you mean purely stock, that has never really happened. However, they used fully stock bodies and chassis until '67. They used stock chassis and body panels (a donor car was still required) until '80, albeit highly modified. They morphed into what we know as stock cars today in 1981.
Thanks guys. Do you guys think they'll ever go back to a more stock car, at least in terms of looks? Seeing a car that looks almost like a Camaro or Mustang would really heighten my interest. And then there is Toyota...I guess they could use the Camry.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 17:21 (Ref:3498329)   #64
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
This would be great.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 22:37 (Ref:3498453)   #65
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Jayski saying Chase may run a couple Cup races in 2015 in the #25 NAPA Chevy.

Seeing the 25 full time in 2016 maybe? Maybe 9 or 94?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3498484)   #66
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Thanks guys. Do you guys think they'll ever go back to a more stock car, at least in terms of looks? Seeing a car that looks almost like a Camaro or Mustang would really heighten my interest. And then there is Toyota...I guess they could use the Camry.
No, although I think a V8 Supercar type racecar would be really cool.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 23:55 (Ref:3498486)   #67
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:

Oh yeah, good news! I hope they can work out a deal for '9' but I'm not optimistic.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 17:25 (Ref:3498790)   #68
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
This would be great.
The Giza!

I'd to see this and more guys give it a go.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 17:33 (Ref:3498796)   #69
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Oh yeah, good news! I hope they can work out a deal for '9' but I'm not optimistic.
Quote:

The 25? Can we bring the Bud sponsorship back then? That would be Bill like ish, sort of. On that note, I'd like to see either 9 or 94 but ya know, let Chase be Chase and not try to follow footsteps like others. Hasn't worked out too well for any, 'cept for the King himself, right?

Who, beside the King, is the most successful son of successful father if that makes any sense? Dale Jarrett is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. I am sure there's others....
Old 29 Jan 2015, 17:50 (Ref:3498802)   #70
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
I guess who don't have to speculate about Chase's number for 2016 anymore...he's using the 24.

Also, for 2015:

Quote:
In preparation for 2016, Elliott, 19, will make his Sprint Cup debut later this year as part of a five-race schedule with primary sponsorship from NAPA AUTO PARTS. The Dawsonville, Georgia, native will be paired with veteran crew chief Kenny Francis during the limited campaign.
Driving the No. 25 NAPA AUTO PARTS Chevrolet SS fielded by Hendrick Motorsports, Elliott will be entered in 2015 Cup events March 29 at Martinsville Speedway, April 25 at Richmond International Raceway, May 24 at Charlotte Motor Speedway, July 26 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Sept. 6 at Darlington Raceway.
Quote:
Who, beside the King, is the most successful son of successful father if that makes any sense? Dale Jarrett is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. I am sure there's others....
Funny (funnily?) enough, the article I posted also answers your question.

Quote:
Elliott and father Bill are only the fifth father-son duo to win NASCAR national series championships. They are members of an elite group that includes Lee and Richard Petty, Ned and Dale Jarrett, David and Larry Pearson, and Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bill Elliott, the 1988 Sprint Cup Series champion, will be enshrined into the NASCAR Hall of Fame tomorrow evening.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3498813)   #71
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hendricks announced today Chase to drive the #24 in 2016.

Probably a good move to get that out early and out of the way.
If not Napa , should be easy to find Chase a primary sponsor.
They may just be lining up right now for the opportunity.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 20:23 (Ref:3498857)   #72
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:

Quote:
Elliott and father Bill are only the fifth father-son duo to win NASCAR national series championships. They are members of an elite group that includes Lee and Richard Petty, Ned and Dale Jarrett, David and Larry Pearson, and Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bill Elliott, the 1988 Sprint Cup Series champion, will be enshrined into the NASCAR Hall of Fame tomorrow evening.
Ralph Earnhardt also won Sportsman (Nationwide) championship, so it's actually six.
Old 30 Jan 2015, 00:54 (Ref:3498921)   #73
canamman
Veteran

United States
And Petty said today if he wants the #9 next year, its his. (Jayskis)

That would be cool.
Old 30 Jan 2015, 01:38 (Ref:3498924)   #74
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Hendricks announced today Chase to drive the #24 in 2016.

Probably a good move to get that out early and out of the way.
If not Napa , should be easy to find Chase a primary sponsor.
They may just be lining up right now for the opportunity.
Quote:
I guess who don't have to speculate about Chase's number for 2016 anymore...he's using the 24.

Also, for 2015:

It will be interesting too. I don't think there's been anyone to step into one of those all time great rides like the #24 (gag) that has been held by single driver for a long time and done well. Could be wrong. So this will be interesting to watch.

Lots riding on this kid's shoulders now. He certainly has the talent and looks like there's going to be a new 24 fan at the end of this year
Old 30 Jan 2015, 02:54 (Ref:3498931)   #75
canamman
Veteran

United States
My money is on he will have a 9 on his cup car next year.

Hendrick made the comment that it will be different
going in the garage for the 2016 Daytona and not seeing Gordons name on the 24. That tells me he may want to give that number a rest.

Wonder if Coors is ready to get back in the game when Chase turns 21!