Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jun 2017, 12:53 (Ref:3746950)   #51
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Daniel Ricciardo still dominating Max Crashstappen in 2017 I see
Old 26 Jun 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3746960)   #52
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I see what you did there. Very witty.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 14:16 (Ref:3746967)   #53
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Thankyou kind sir
Old 26 Jun 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3747038)   #54
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Daniel Ricciardo still dominating Max Crashstappen in 2017 I see
Mate, i know you are desperately trying to get a response so i will bite, you are absolutely deluded if you are writing that with the slightest hint of conviction, and if you are then i am sure you are the only person on this forum who thinks that.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 20:39 (Ref:3747108)   #55
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Max has been so unlucky this season, so there has never been a fair comparison IMHO
Old 26 Jun 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3747136)   #56
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Max is the reason his car keeps breaking down
Old 26 Jun 2017, 23:46 (Ref:3747138)   #57
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
How do you reckon that one?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 06:33 (Ref:3747192)   #58
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Perhaps MV is too hard on the car? A different driving style to Ricciardo perhaps?

I did read something last year where Horner said Max is a little too harsh and asks more from the car than it's capable of. But then again, which driver doesn't ask more from their car than it's capable of?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3747254)   #59
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering the same - is it a driving style thing? surely with the propeller heads in the back this would have been pointed out if its true. whether the pilot listens or not is another factor....
Old 27 Jun 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3747260)   #60
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Perhaps MV is too hard on the car? A different driving style to Ricciardo perhaps?

I did read something last year where Horner said Max is a little too harsh and asks more from the car than it's capable of. But then again, which driver doesn't ask more from their car than it's capable of?
So build a car that can keep up with the prodigious talent of verstappen then?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3747262)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
So build a car that can keep up with the prodigious talent of verstappen then?
Maybe Ferrari will...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Jun 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3747374)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Max is the reason his car keeps breaking down
Hmm, I think we're detecting an overdose of whimsy and rose-tinteds clouding any real evidence....
Old 27 Jun 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3747401)   #63
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hmm, I think we're detecting an overdose of whimsy and rose-tinteds clouding any real evidence....
Not really bothered if true or not. Still happy Danny Ric is dominating his team mate. Results matter on Sunday right?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3747413)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not really bothered if true or not. Still happy Danny Ric is dominating his team mate. Results matter on Sunday right?
The one thing that is true is that 'dominating' is a bizarre description to use. But then again, this is F1 and we see polarisation of views either in favour of or against drivers all the time. The rest of the season however, will show whether or not the tint on your specs is something which should cause you to visit your local optician - or not.......
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:51 (Ref:3747455)   #65
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I continue to think what I thought before.

I read how Max should be beaten easily. I read how Daniel should be beaten easily. Yet I see them closely matched with no one dominating. Therefore both must be rubbish.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 13:37 (Ref:3747593)   #66
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

the only reason Ric has more points is plain luck, or the bad luck that Max has.

who was the driver in front every time Max car failed?
Old 28 Jun 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3747598)   #67
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
the only reason Ric has more points is plain luck, or the bad luck that Max has.

Whilst this is true is Max somehow contributing to his higher rate of car failures? Is it something different in the way he drives that has resulted in the failures?
Old 28 Jun 2017, 14:03 (Ref:3747602)   #68
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Whilst this is true is Max somehow contributing to his higher rate of car failures? Is it something different in the way he drives that has resulted in the failures?
impossible

a battery failure like in Canada can't be caused by a driving style, and in Baku the engine overheated because of debris.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 14:22 (Ref:3747603)   #69
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not again this story of being hard on the car... it might contribute to fuel efficiency, but the discussion was already decided in JPM's time (plenty of threads on this here in the forum): the driver can hardly break the car anymore due to rev limiters and similar protections within the systems.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3747606)   #70
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
found myself a bit surprised by this but RB has fallen behind Mclaren in race laps completed this year mainly due to the failures that MV has experienced. Max has also completed less laps then any other driver this year (with the exception of the one race stand ins).

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...1-2017-924077/

how much of it is down to 'bad luck' and how much of it down to driving style is beyond my reckoning though.

i have heard it said he does have a tendency to drive the car outside its limits but from what i see on the TV he doesnt seem like he has a particularly 'harsh' driving style...aggressive sure but thats not really the same thing is it?

to me he seems like he is on a run of bad luck.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3747612)   #71
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Now that is something if you are behind McLaren in terms of laps completed. Even his retirement in Spain due to accident damage weren't his fault
Old 28 Jun 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3747626)   #72
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
Not again this story of being hard on the car... it might contribute to fuel efficiency, but the discussion was already decided in JPM's time (plenty of threads on this here in the forum): the driver can hardly break the car anymore due to rev limiters and similar protections within the systems.
Not entirely true - whilst engine overrevs, shoddy gearchanges and the like are history some drivers are clearly harder on cars than others. This can range from the basic stuff like being able to look after tyres (or not) to drivers that consistently batter the kerbs and end up with more suspension / drivetrain issues as a result, those that eat their brakes and so on. So it's not as big a factor as it was but different drivers still put different stress and strain on the cars. Massa's damper failure being an example - too hard over the kerbs?
Old 28 Jun 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3747629)   #73
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Now that is something if you are behind McLaren in terms of laps completed. Even his retirement in Spain due to accident damage weren't his fault
Even more impressive when McLaren have had a DNS as well.....
Old 28 Jun 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3747665)   #74
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post

Discounting the fact that Daniel has had car issues too. Max has run out of talent. Move aside Honey Badger has come to town!

Thanks Max but he'll take it from here.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3747669)   #75
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
Although I remember a theory that JPM's Williams did apparently cause other cars to crash into the back of him!