Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Aug 2016, 21:42 (Ref:3667573)   #1
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Prodrive To Race Mustang In 2017??

JAmes Phelps is suggesting that there could be a mustang on the grid in 2017 at PRA
Old 26 Aug 2016, 00:10 (Ref:3667580)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
JAmes Phelps is suggesting that there could be a mustang on the grid in 2017 at PRA
Article Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daily Telegraph 26/8/16, James Phelps
A Ford Mustang could be on the Supercars grid as soon as 2017

EXCLUSIVE James Phelps, The Daily Telegraph
August 25, 2016 7:35pm

A FORD Mustang could be on the Supercars grid as soon as 2017 under a Prodrive Racing Australia plan to keep the legend of the V8 engine alive.

As Holden considers racing V6 engines as the sport confronts generation next, Ford’s American muscle car is expected to be brought in to earmark the next-generation battle historic battle between the iconic carmakers.

The Daily Telegraph has learned Prodrive Racing is in the process of setting up an aftermarket Mustang business that will provide performance upgrades and cosmetic improvements for the famous road car, which can now be bought from a Ford showroom as a factory converted right-hand drive.

Racing Mustangs in the Supercars championship would be a must for the business to succeed.

Former Walkinshaw performance general manager Tony Harris was recruited to the Prodrive stable in February to head up the performance parts division behind the Mustang plan.

Even after being dumped by the car manufacturing giant in a decision that rocked the sport, PRA plan to continue racing Ford beyond next season — ensuring their 54-year fight with Holden enters an exciting new age.
Supercars officials are also pushing to get the Mustang on the grid with the “two door’’ Generation 2 rule introduced specifically to pave the way for the entry of the car that first won a Touring Car championship in 1964.

Fellow Falcon team DJR/Team Penske has not ruled out racing the Mustang in 2017.

The US billionaire behind the newly merged team, Roger Penske, is still a shot at landing factory support from Ford after signing a four-year deal with the company for his NASCAR team.

“We are committed to running the Falcon next year,’’ DJR/Team Penske boss Ryan Story said.

“Beyond that we have nothing locked in and we will consider every option. Roger has made it quite clear that we will go with whatever gives us the fastest and most competitive race car package.’’

Penske is one of the most powerful men in the American automotive industry. He is expected to secure manufacturing support for his team here in Australia when Ford decides to bin the FGX Falcons, which are currently raced by Fabian Coulthard and Scott Pye.

"We continue to have a relationship with Ford as an organisation,’’ Story said.

“Roger obviously has relationships at the highest level and he will go straight to the top when the time is right. We continue to have dialogue with them.’’

Holden last week recommitted to the sport by signing a new three-year deal with Triple Eight Race Engineering.

The carmaker has scaled back its Supercars commitment by dumping the Holden Racing Team following a 26-year partnership, but will continue racing the Commodore.

The current Commodore V8 will remain in use next year with no plans announced beyond 2017.

A V6 racing engine has been developed in anticipation of the company wanting to race the new-generation Commodore. It will not be available with a V8 engine and will be manufactured offshore following Holden’s controversial decision to shut down its Australian factories.
FPV makes a comeback too?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Aug 2016, 04:04 (Ref:3667604)   #3
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
James Phelps at his best

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/08/26/...upercars-grid/
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 26 Aug 2016, 04:17 (Ref:3667605)   #4
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol Phelps is good value though, see we're talking about Supercars so it's all good!
Old 26 Aug 2016, 05:29 (Ref:3667616)   #5
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah NAHHHHHHH already !
Old 26 Aug 2016, 06:02 (Ref:3667621)   #6
pug205
Rookie

pug205 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that a new record for a Phelps dribble piece to be shot down?
Old 26 Aug 2016, 06:38 (Ref:3667624)   #7
Compromised
Veteran

He says 2 door Mustang for 2017 but wasn't the Gen2 regs (which allow 2 doors) pushed back until 2018?
Old 26 Aug 2016, 06:53 (Ref:3667626)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
He says 2 door Mustang for 2017 but wasn't the Gen2 regs (which allow 2 doors) pushed back until 2018?
firstly he didnt say 2 door mustang for 2017, he said "A Ford Mustang could be on the Supercars grid as soon as 2017" That statement is correct, however un likely

and secondly Gen 2 is for 2017
Old 26 Aug 2016, 07:42 (Ref:3667630)   #9
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well considering there is no 4 door in the new range, the statement is still correct
Old 26 Aug 2016, 08:49 (Ref:3667640)   #10
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Well considering there is no 4 door in the new range, the statement is still correct
the issue as i highlighted was could be on the grid, not will be on the grid
Old 26 Aug 2016, 09:00 (Ref:3667643)   #11
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In regards to this thread, I will have to go by the newly elected Senator, one
D Hinch.
On his show for many years, He always said:
" if some one denies anything three times, they are lying or it will happen"

so Messrs Wombat and co are doing deals and teams are tight lipped , just waiting to announce the future .

Or they are selling to one Mr. Gow and he will set a similar series as the BTCC

and Hinch would , shame shame shame
Old 26 Aug 2016, 09:40 (Ref:3667646)   #12
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
peckstar, r u James Phelps number 1 fan ??
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 26 Aug 2016, 10:41 (Ref:3667653)   #13
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
peckstar, r u James Phelps number 1 fan ??
I've often wondered if they were one and the same...
Old 26 Aug 2016, 11:34 (Ref:3667659)   #14
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only a madman would develop a v8 over a v6t for the next gen anyway.
Old 26 Aug 2016, 12:16 (Ref:3667664)   #15
Compromised
Veteran

Quote:

and secondly Gen 2 is for 2017
That's great news mate! Here I was thinking I had to over a year to wait when in reality, there's actually only a few months to go until we get to hear a v6 turbo and see a 2 door car, not to mention all the new manufacturers.
Old 26 Aug 2016, 13:16 (Ref:3667676)   #16
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
That's great news mate! Here I was thinking I had to over a year to wait when in reality, there's actually only a few months to go until we get to hear a v6 turbo and see a 2 door car, not to mention all the new manufacturers.
Lololol
Old 1 Sep 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3668917)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
the issue as i highlighted was could be on the grid, not will be on the grid
On that basis, a Ford Transit van could be on the grid as well.

It's up there with those anti ageing creams that could reduce wrinkles. An important little word which simply makes the rest of the sentence - and therefore the article - meaningless.
Old 15 Sep 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3672545)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime, back at Prodrive...

Old 15 Sep 2016, 12:53 (Ref:3672546)   #19
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a meh from me.
Old 15 Sep 2016, 21:41 (Ref:3672640)   #20
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was it such a wonderful brand that it needed rebirthing in the first place? Hardly a name to stir the emotions...
Old 15 Sep 2016, 22:44 (Ref:3672645)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Was it such a wonderful brand that it needed rebirthing in the first place? Hardly a name to stir the emotions...
It has been around in Europe for over 150 years, and its most relevant claim to fame for here perhaps, is being part of the development/build team for the Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500....
Old 15 Sep 2016, 23:41 (Ref:3672654)   #22
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It has been around in Europe for over 150 years, and its most relevant claim to fame for here perhaps, is being part of the development/build team for the Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500....
Plus built the RS200, heaps of Aston Martin work, did a trick Capri for Ford at one stage I think.

I'm with Mayhem though - name means next to nothing here.
Old 15 Sep 2016, 23:53 (Ref:3672657)   #23
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They are just milking it because they own the rights.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 16 Sep 2016, 00:02 (Ref:3672659)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
They are just milking it because they own the rights.

Do they?

Recognising this is from wiki but it suggest prodrive sold tickford in 2006

but maybe there is something remaing regarding tickford in Australia
Old 16 Sep 2016, 00:04 (Ref:3672660)   #25
Mixer
Veteran

To be honest the fact that they are able to get away with using the Prodrive name still mystifies me.