Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

View Poll Results: Are you sick and tired?
No, all this is very interesting 3 10.34%
No, but I'd like to see it ending 6 20.69%
Yes, but I'm keeping up 16 55.17%
Yes, and my presence on the board is being affected 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Jan 2004, 17:35 (Ref:845655)   #1
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sick and Tired?

OWRS, IRL, CART, Tony George, Gentilozzi...

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of all this process. I don't know where it's everything heading to, I'm tired of hearing rumors that ultimately lead to nothing...

So, vote:
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:05 (Ref:845677)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good poll Jordi.

I went with #1. While there are times that I do get tired of the debate, I enjoy hearing all the divergent opinions on the subject, although of course, I would like to see it resolved by race time!

Above all else, this is the most important issue out there, because it will have such an impact on the future of open wheel racing. All other threads pale in comparison. Who can really care about engines, chassis, manufacturers, teams etc, etc., when the series in question, may cease to exist?

Last edited by GP Racer; 21 Jan 2004 at 18:07.

Danica Patrick
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:05 (Ref:845678)   #3
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just voted...the 3rd choice ("Yes, I'm tired but I'm keeping up" )
I think I'm more sick and tired of the endless rumours and the endless moaning/groaning/b*thcing/bitterness/animosity (however, it's not as bad here as at other places...so, it's certainly not affecting my presence HERE )
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:08 (Ref:845687)   #4
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not too woried about it from CART's perspective. I'm less interested in the forum because nothing interesting is happening. I suppose you could say I'm sick and tired of that. No annoucements or real news, just weak speculation about the future of the series.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:39 (Ref:845720)   #5
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MLM
I just voted...the 3rd choice ("Yes, I'm tired but I'm keeping up" )
I think I'm more sick and tired of the endless rumours and the endless moaning/groaning/b*tching/bitterness/animosity (however, it's not as bad here as at other places...so, it's certainly not affecting my presence HERE )
Ditto.

I'm waiting for the day when we can all look back on this with nostalgia and (hopefully) laugh about it.

Last edited by Emfa; 21 Jan 2004 at 18:40.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:43 (Ref:845723)   #6
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub
I'm not too woried about it from CART's perspective. I'm less interested in the forum because nothing interesting is happening. I suppose you could say I'm sick and tired of that. No annoucements or real news, just weak speculation about the future of the series.
I chose #3 as well. Snrub, the big announcements or real news will come once OWRS gains control of CART's assets...be patient my friend, it's not far away!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:51 (Ref:845736)   #7
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted #3. If OWRS doesn't win this, then I am afraid my interest in North American OW racing will be gone. It's not a TG thing either, it's just that the IRL machinery really pales in comparison to the ChampCars, and I just can't see it being very exciting to me.
Luckily there is still the ALMS and World Challenge to satisfy my road-racing needs.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:58 (Ref:845749)   #8
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with MLM!!!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 19:00 (Ref:845753)   #9
MLM
Veteran

What would happen to all those Lolas and Reynards, IF OWRS doesn't prevail?
BTW, does anyone know IF Lola and Reynard have been preparing chassis for this year(I would assume they would have been doing this last season)?

If they end up in the scrap heap, that would be a horrible waste of wonderful equipment.

Last edited by MLM; 21 Jan 2004 at 19:03.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 19:09 (Ref:845767)   #10
Ac.
Racer

Canada
Waterloo, Ont.
Ac. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with enemy-ace. IF CART/OWRS dies I think I'll turn to karting until OW in North America returns to a CART like formula.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 19:20 (Ref:845784)   #11
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted for sick and tired but keeping up. I'm not really sick and tired of the debating that is going on with this board, but really I'm just sick and tired of waiting to see what happens with all of this. I guess I wouldn't be sick and tired if I didn't come here cause then I wouldn't know so much about it, so I wouldn't know what I was waiting for. The more informed I am about the situation the more anxious I get to see the outcome. I haven't really posted here much recently, only becaue I think its pointless because many of you already post what I want to say, and by the time I finish reading most of these long posts, another 2-8 posts have been posted on it. So I just keep reading and waiting...I really don't want to see CART/OWRS go down, but at the same time I am not against the unification of open wheel racing in America. I am however against a unification with involves having TG involved as anything more than IMS owner and promoter, and a series that runs more than 50% ovals. In fact, I'd prefer to only have a couple of oval tracks, but if more than a couple is required to unify the series, then I guess that is ONE thing that I will concede to make it happen. Maybe after a few years of unification more road courses and less ovals will be a reality. Also I refuse to accept an Open-wheel series than runs the fugly IRL cars. Reynard and Lola have been around forever, and they should be allowed to run in the unified series, and if the ugly IRL chassis's can't keep up on the road courses, then they will have to change. Although I think the difference in chassis design(and bodywork design)is to great between the series, to allow both sets of chassis's to be run in one unified series. This is too long of a post to answer a poll huh? Well it just makes up for my lack of posting in any of the other threads in the last few weeks.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 21:00 (Ref:845874)   #12
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I voted "not sick and tired, but wish it were ending"

I care too much about open-wheeled racing (and follow both series intensely) to get "sick and tired" of news that will have a great impact on its future and discussion of the news as it transpires...

But I really want it to end....meaning this whole "in court" mess and the whole "will 2004 season exist or won't it" uncertainty....

I just want it to be resolved...so we can talk about racing again...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 21:34 (Ref:845913)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for No. 4. I'm staying out of all the debates until the decision is made.

If CCWS disappears I will turn to sports cars -- Lord knows there are plenty of sports car series around. Under no circumstances will I ever attend or watch or pay attention to an IRL race.

And don't even think about a Fantasy Grid if CCWS is gone. Or think about asking somebody else to run it.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 21:47 (Ref:845933)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I appreciate just about anything on four wheels except NASCAR....

Whichever series comes out of this alive, I'll watch it...

If both survive, I'll watch both.....

The only thing I'm sick and tired of is the off-season...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 22:09 (Ref:845977)   #15
SurfaceUnits
Racer

SurfaceUnits should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MLM
BTW, does anyone know IF Lola and Reynard have been preparing chassis for this year(I would assume they would have been doing this last season)?
Chassis development was frozen at a certain point last season. I imagine it has been a fairly slow off-season for both.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 22:12 (Ref:845981)   #16
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for #4 - the best topic on this board is the 'Countdown to St. Pete' thread if that says anything...

I've come to the point where I figure, what happens happens, and we'll just have to deal with it. Hopefully OWRS will pull it out of the gutter for next season, but if not, it's not the end of the world. I'm terribly sick of hearing the trife that has been coming out of both pro-IRL and pro-CART fans over the past few months - it's gotten ridiculous to the point where you'd think CART and the IRL were both sadistic cults! Racing is bigger than both CART and the IRL - and it will continue even if the monkeys continue to peck each other to death. There will always be rich guys that want to drive fast cars around road courses - even openwheel cars. Although I enjoy attending race and working with the people in CART and other series, if it were to all go away, the reality is it wouldn't change my life much at all - and I doubt that is any different for other people here. So, what comes, comes...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 21 Jan 2004, 22:21 (Ref:845993)   #17
MLM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
I appreciate just about anything on four wheels except NASCAR....

Whichever series comes out of this alive, I'll watch it...

If both survive, I'll watch both.....

The only thing I'm sick and tired of is the off-season...

I do watch NASCAR (even though, I think that new "playoff" system has to be one of the STUPIDEST things I've EVER heard). Other than that, I agree with you, Tim.

"I voted for #4 - the best topic on this board is the 'Countdown to St. Pete' thread"
Thanks, Jay...it's been a blast and it's a nice bit of relief from all this tension!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 23:15 (Ref:846068)   #18
The Treester
Racer

The Treester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted #3...

...like Tim and MLM, I'm ready for the season to start. Unfortunately I'll be in Homestead by default for the IRL opener but I refuse to give TG my money as always.

If IRL wins the war, I will watch it and I'll continue to watch F1 'bright and early' in the morning!

WHEN OWRS prevail, I will still watch F1 and IRL ... only for the luv of open wheel racing!