Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 21 Oct 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1743965)   #1
GTO Racing
Rookie

GTO Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mid-60s Parnell sportscar

In 1966, Mike Spence successfully drove a 2 litre BRM powered Parnell sportscar in several british events. The car won the Goodwood Lavant Cup early in April then the Anerley Trophy Crystal Palace race the month after and finished second in the Amoc Martini Trophy at Silverstone in July.

Are photos (free for use), technical and historical information available about this beautiful car ? Who built it ? What did it become after the 1966 season ?
Old 31 Oct 2006, 09:39 (Ref:1754229)   #2
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car ended up, without the engine, in the hands of the late Paul Kunkel who struggled and eventually failed to get the car accepted for HSCC racing-the absence of the correct engine mitigating against it . In despair Paul sold it, for very little money, to the US some time in the early 70's. Thereafter I know not. Interestingly I recall, it had a steel body-maybe it finally rusted away.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1754697)   #3
GTO Racing
Rookie

GTO Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Jeremy.

Is that all? Does anybody remember it as it ran 30 years ago?
Old 31 Oct 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1754699)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure that this car was mentioned in another thread recently. Infact, I'm sure posted on it. I'll have a look around!
Old 31 Oct 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1754702)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ht=Parnell+BRM

It was you, GTO Racing, who asked the question then, as well. I guess it's worth a second ask, though!