Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Nov 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1773221)   #1
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VE and BF ready for 2007.

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/la...M&gid=21043371

You have to be joking!!!
Why is the VZ Commodore still able to run in 2007 and the BA Falcon is NOT allowed to!! What a mob of fools!!
Remember when VX Commies were still racing when the VY was introduced and when the 18 degree engine was allowed to be used when Aurora was brought into the Holdens.
This makes it unfair as Ford has to start with the BF straight up with new 'untried' aero package and the Holden teams can run the VZ while they test the VE until they want to use it! Another dud decision goes Fords way!
Not a happy camper here

Last edited by marcus; 23 Nov 2006 at 22:06.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1773235)   #2
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is going on ????????????? why is BA out!!! WHY?????
yet VZ is in

Last edited by marcus; 23 Nov 2006 at 22:07.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1773244)   #3
Sparklehorse
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Perth
Sparklehorse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what are you on about.

It is not realistic to expect all holden teams to have all new VE's on track for the start of the new year. They have to build whole new cars.

Ford just have to bold on new front and rear spoilers and new side skirts. Not build whole new vehicles.

No issue, move on.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 14:05 (Ref:1773246)   #4
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im still astonished that this is happening!
What a mob of fools who made this decision it is totally unfair! I am going to write a email to them to see why they came up with this decision. Hope i get a response but i won't hold my breath.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1773249)   #5
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny, my wife told me about this, and asked how long until the Ford fans start to whinge again. Not long.

VE is all new - completely different to VZ. BF is modification to some panels, otherwise it is the same as BA. I can't imagine that any Ford teams would struggle to bold on the modified parts by next March. All the Holden teams need to build completely new cars - it would be insane to expect them all to be completed with 2 new cars by March. Some will manage - some will not. There is a vastly different level of investment required on each side.

That said I don't know why they would specifically deny eligibility for BA's. On the other hand it was 888 testing the BF, and I can't imagine Roland agreeing to an inferior package.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1773268)   #6
Sparklehorse
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Perth
Sparklehorse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford boy
Im still astonished that this is happening!
What a mob of fools who made this decision it is totally unfair! I am going to write a email to them to see why they came up with this decision. Hope i get a response but i won't hold my breath.

please buddy, take my advice. You are jumping at shadows..

the sheetmetal has not changed one bit just some bumpers and side skirts which affect aero.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 15:00 (Ref:1773271)   #7
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It shouldnt be a problem provided the the VZ's aero is inline with BF and VE.

"BA" is actually 4 years only now, whilst "BF" is a year old. If the aero change is enough to warrant carrying the new name, then it makes sense to relegate BA strictly to the development series. As already said, its all just cosmetic. If the Holden teams could run VY's which were essentially VX chassis', a few bits of plastic, fibreglass, carbon fibre.....whatever they are, shouldnt be a hassle.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1773510)   #8
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
It shouldnt be a problem provided the the VZ's aero is inline with BF and VE.

"BA" is actually 4 years only now, whilst "BF" is a year old. If the aero change is enough to warrant carrying the new name, then it makes sense to relegate BA strictly to the development series. As already said, its all just cosmetic. If the Holden teams could run VY's which were essentially VX chassis', a few bits of plastic, fibreglass, carbon fibre.....whatever they are, shouldnt be a hassle.
If it's purely cosmetic then should it matter whether they run BAs, BFs or even AUs?

As for the VE, I found it ludicrous that Holden had to shrink the car so that it maintained the same specs as the previous but different models. I wonder why they didn't do it with the VT - shrink it to make it the same as the superceded VS, back in '97.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1773514)   #9
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didnt think the wheel base changed. ... isnt that the big issue with the VE after all.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1773538)   #10
moses
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
moses should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VE has a much longer wheel base and much wider track than the outgoing VZ, hence not complying with project blueprint.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 21:58 (Ref:1773556)   #11
barney551
Veteran

exactly moses ..
Old 23 Nov 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1773560)   #12
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford boy
You have to be joking!!!
Why is the VZ Commodore still able to run in 2007 and the BA Falcon is NOT allowed to!! What a mob of fools!!
Remember when VX Commies were still racing when the VY was introduced and when the 18 degree engine was allowed to be used when Aurora was brought into the Holdens.
This makes it unfair as Ford has to start with the BF straight up with new 'untried' aero package and the Holden teams can run the VZ while they test the VE until they want to use it! Another dud decision goes Fords way!
Not a happy camper here
What a laugh. You're not doing yourself any favours with this post. You continue the iamge that Ford fans are automatic whingers at any decision. Look into it a bit further before getting all outraged. (BTW when a decision goes someones way, it means its in their favour.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57
If it's purely cosmetic then should it matter whether they run BAs, BFs or even AUs?
The requirement might have come partly from manufacturers, so that they are represented in their best light on track. As for BF vs BA, i agree - they aren't that different I thought.

Quote:
As for the VE, I found it ludicrous that Holden had to shrink the car so that it maintained the same specs as the previous but different models.
Yes it is ludicrous, but thats Project Blueprint for you.

Quote:
I wonder why they didn't do it with the VT - shrink it to make it the same as the superceded VS, back in '97.
Because Project Blueprint wasn't based on the VS.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1773568)   #13
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Couldn't have said it better myself RotorFan, here here
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 23 Nov 2006, 22:53 (Ref:1773583)   #14
goosel
Rookie

Australia
goosel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace
What is going on ????????????? why is BA out!!! WHY?????
yet VZ is in
It's simple really. The BA is just too slow!
Old 23 Nov 2006, 23:21 (Ref:1773596)   #15
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont understand the fuss.. Change the badge on the boot from BA to BF & then you have a current model falcon.. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE FORM BA TO BF!!
Old 23 Nov 2006, 23:27 (Ref:1773599)   #16
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I dont understand the fuss..
I don't either. What they should do though is only have the VZ in for next year then it too goes to the Development series. That way in 2008 the new Orion should be ready and there will only be Orions and VE's running.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 00:04 (Ref:1773614)   #17
falcon58
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
falcon58 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I dont understand the fuss.. Change the badge on the boot from BA to BF & then you have a current model falcon.. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE FORM BA TO BF!!
If there's no difference between the BA and BF and the BA is off the books, can they use the BA without testing ristrictions?
Old 24 Nov 2006, 00:09 (Ref:1773616)   #18
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
Funny, my wife told me about this, and asked how long until the Ford fans start to whinge again.
How would your wife know? You must have been whinging to your wife about the Ford fans!
Old 24 Nov 2006, 00:19 (Ref:1773618)   #19
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon58
If there's no difference between the BA and BF and the BA is off the books, can they use the BA without testing ristrictions?
All the cars that are running this year will be BF's next year. Change the badge on the boot & you have been updated to a BF Falcon!!

And the reason Holden can use both is becuae the new model is a completely different car, ground up & not all teams can afford to upgrade. It is different for Ford becuase they just have to change the badge & they are upgraded!! That is how I read it any way!!
Old 24 Nov 2006, 01:13 (Ref:1773628)   #20
SkaifeHRT
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria Australia
SkaifeHRT has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklehorse
what are you on about.

It is not realistic to expect all holden teams to have all new VE's on track for the start of the new year. They have to build whole new cars.

Ford just have to bold on new front and rear spoilers and new side skirts. Not build whole new vehicles.

No issue, move on.
I agree!
Old 24 Nov 2006, 01:41 (Ref:1773636)   #21
barney551
Veteran

here here Jo
Old 24 Nov 2006, 01:59 (Ref:1773640)   #22
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I recall, the VY to VZ was as cosmetic as the BA to BF is going to be....But mid last year we still had VY's running around, so I don't quite understand why the BA is automatically removed without a phase in.

I understand the VZ component of the story, it makes sense...but for me, the ohter part does not. I think when the Ford teams used up their existing panels/spares, then change....like I'm sure is what Larry Perkins was doing with his slow introduction of the VZ.

Last edited by James63; 24 Nov 2006 at 02:04.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 02:06 (Ref:1773641)   #23
barney551
Veteran

Not sure ... but I think it also have something to do with the aero changes.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 02:25 (Ref:1773643)   #24
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah... The aero kit for the VY and VZ was extremely similar, but the VE and BF differ from the current VZ and BA aero kits IFAIK.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 24 Nov 2006, 03:18 (Ref:1773655)   #25
B!tchie Renault
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
B!tchie Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And that is the main problem my friends.

The VE / BF cars for 2007 have been set for equivalent aero which I understand will be less than the aero on the current VZ / BA cars of 2006.

To allow the VZ to run in 2007 in it's current specs, then it should be significantly quicker than the VE / BF cars. The Holden teams have a choice of what car to run. The Fords don't.

If they change the aero to the VZ to be consistant with the VE / BF, then there should not be an issue.

It will be interesting to note that next year the Development series cars could potentially outqualify their main series counterparts.