Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 22 Nov 2016, 03:07 (Ref:3690102)   #76
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
So imagine the potential of RLL with 2 cars and double the data.

They are - so imagine rocking up to Gateway in 2017 and in practice having 2 cars and drivers who can evaluate car and set up options.

We have - hence the reason I dont understand why you persist with the IRL language on a forum, especially as a moderator. Indycar and IMS dont use the IRL brand or language in its comms - not sure why you do.
RLLR will only need double the data with regards to Servia, as he hasn't spent as much time in the cockpit and will need to play catchup with Rahal. Otherwise, as there's no further development with the DW 12, RLLR will predominantly be using the data they got from last season. The exception will be Gateway, as Rahal never raced there when he was in Champ Car or since racing in the IndyCar series while Servia has, in the 2000 CART Fed Ex Championship series.

The IndyCar Series is run and owned by the Indy Racing League or IRL, which is the abbreviation. I therefore sometimes refer to the Indy Racing League or IRL because that's who runs the series. My being a moderator has nothing to with it. If you don't like the name Indy Racing League or IRL being used, I suggest you write to the Hulman Georges, after all it's their company.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 05:00 (Ref:3690120)   #77
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
RLLR will only need double the data with regards to Servia, as he hasn't spent as much time in the cockpit and will need to play catchup with Rahal. Otherwise, as there's no further development with the DW 12, RLLR will predominantly be using the data they got from last season.
Do you think that teams like Penske, Ganassi, Andretti etc dont use their multi car teams to share data and car set ups?

Montoya even spoke on television about using Power and Pagenaud's set ups throughout the season.

Unless you feel that Rahal has mastered the set up of the DW12 and has nothing left to learn?

Bobby clearly doesn't

Quote:
According to Racer on Friday, team owner Bobby Rahal is only interested in a second car if it adds “something beneficial to the entire team” and believes that Servia “can make us better.”

That’s a new way of looking at a second car. You can understand Rahal’s line of thinking; Graham Rahal has been a championship contender for back-to-back seasons and started to win more races, but as a one-car organization RLL has an uphill resource battle against the multi-car teams. Bringing on a veteran second driver, and giving Graham the benefit of his experience and more importantly his data, could be the difference that allows the No. 15 to take that last step from Top 5 driver to Astor Cup winner.
http://beyondtheflag.com/2016/11/13/oriol-servia-rahal/

Quote:
The IndyCar Series is run and owned by the Indy Racing League or IRL, which is the abbreviation. I therefore sometimes refer to the Indy Racing League or IRL because that's who runs the series. My being a moderator has nothing to with it.
My query is in relation to your use of the IRL language it sometimes and Indycar other times.
Old 23 Nov 2016, 04:23 (Ref:3690415)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Do you think that teams like Penske, Ganassi, Andretti etc dont use their multi car teams to share data and car set ups?

Montoya even spoke on television about using Power and Pagenaud's set ups throughout the season.

Unless you feel that Rahal has mastered the set up of the DW12 and has nothing left to learn?

Bobby clearly doesn't

http://beyondtheflag.com/2016/11/13/oriol-servia-rahal/
I'm quite sure teams share data and set ups and why not but RLLR have done fantastically well considering they don't; top Honda in both this season and last. It would seem RLLR have had less of an uphill struggle than fellow Honda competitors like Andretti Autosport, who field a multi-car team.

Maybe having a multi-car team is actually a hindrance. With all that data flowing around, it might make it difficult to choose the appropriate information to use. With one car that problem doesn't arise and compared to other Honda competitors, Graham Rahal has certainly mastered the set up of the DW 12.

One of the criticisms leveled at Bobby Rahal, was there was too much hands on. Since he's taken more of a back seat, the results have started to come their way.

Quote:
My query is in relation to your use of the IRL language it sometimes and Indycar other times.
It's very simple. The Indy Racing League or IRL, is the organisation that runs the Verizon IndyCar Series. The series itself, comprises the various drivers, teams and race tracks. Hence the differentiation.

Now, any more news on Servia getting that second RLLR seat?
Old 23 Nov 2016, 15:44 (Ref:3690538)   #79
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Apparently Sato's move to Andretti Autosport is not a done deal, according to this article.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127218
Old 24 Nov 2016, 07:30 (Ref:3690670)   #80
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apparently Sato's move to Andretti Autosport is not a done deal, according to this article.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127218
This is kind of surprising. Yet, there is another open seat left on another Honda team: #8 Ganassi.
Andretti works better as a 4 car team than just 3. But Chip might prefer Sato over Chilton. After all, Sato fought with his man Dario for the lead of the Indy 500 once on the penultimate lap of the race...
Old 24 Nov 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3690728)   #81
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
This is kind of surprising. Yet, there is another open seat left on another Honda team: #8 Ganassi.
Andretti works better as a 4 car team than just 3. But Chip might prefer Sato over Chilton. After all, Sato fought with his man Dario for the lead of the Indy 500 once on the penultimate lap of the race...
He did and true form, subsequently crashed.
Old 27 Nov 2016, 23:50 (Ref:3691586)   #82
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Indy Racing League or IRL, is the organisation that runs the Verizon IndyCar Series. The series itself, comprises the various drivers, teams and race tracks. Hence the differentiation
I haven't seen anyone calling F1 "Formula One Management" or "CVC Capital" or "Delta Topco". The holding company is not the name of the racing series
Old 28 Nov 2016, 09:57 (Ref:3691685)   #83
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TENTHS View Post
I haven't seen anyone calling F1 "Formula One Management" or "CVC Capital" or "Delta Topco". The holding company is not the name of the racing series
Precisely.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 01:23 (Ref:3691930)   #84
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Precisely.
Soooooooooo we can expect you to refer to it as Indycar moving forward?
Old 29 Nov 2016, 02:48 (Ref:3691935)   #85
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Technically it's the Verizon Indycar Series isn't it?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Nov 2016, 09:49 (Ref:3692005)   #86
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
That obviously will depend on the context. Soooooooooo just to remind you again and I and this is the last time. The Indy Racing League, LLC is the sanctioning body of the IndyCar Series.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3692052)   #87
10TENTHS
Veteran

Felix Serralles has been busy:

https://twitter.com/DCMstories/statu...46146091188224 (Indycar)

https://twitter.com/DCMstories/statu...91748887445504 (LMP2)

https://twitter.com/felixserralles/s...91753338662912 (GP2)

He's been mentioned as a candidate for one of the remaining Indycar seats.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 12:38 (Ref:3692057)   #88
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Felix Serralles has been busy:

https://twitter.com/DCMstories/statu...46146091188224 (Indycar)

https://twitter.com/DCMstories/statu...91748887445504 (LMP2)

https://twitter.com/felixserralles/s...91753338662912 (GP2)

He's been mentioned as a candidate for one of the remaining Indycar seats.
The teams with full season rides, that have still yet to be filled are Ganassi #8 and KV Racing Technology's single entry #11.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 12:53 (Ref:3692063)   #89
10TENTHS
Veteran

Quote:
The teams with full season rides, that have still yet to be filled are Ganassi #8 and KV Racing Technology's single entry #11.
This was the word from Andretti about their fourth car last week:

Quote:
"We'll make an announcement in due course about the fourth car but we feel pretty good about where we are at there," Andretti director Rob Edwards told Autosport. "The good news is we are able to confirm everything that is happening in the next couple of weeks. We are well ahead of where we were last year where Alexander Rossi's deal came together very late the week before we went to Phoenix for the open test in the middle of February. The ability to plan, to get the right people in the right places those things are very hard to do when you aren't confirming the car line-up and the driver line-up until shortly before the season starts. I'm confident before we break for Christmas we'll have something to talk about for the fourth car, so it's another two to three weeks before we talk about the fourth car."
Old 29 Nov 2016, 14:52 (Ref:3692093)   #90
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
This was the word from Andretti about their fourth car last week:
Very true, Sato hasn't been confirmed.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3692133)   #91
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Very true, Sato hasn't been confirmed.
Verrrrrrrry interesting. I was surprised when this was first... I guess "announced" isn't quite the right word? I can't imagine Michael Andretti being particularly receptive to Sato's crashiness, but I guess we'll see.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3692138)   #92
10TENTHS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Verrrrrrrry interesting. I was surprised when this was first... I guess "announced" isn't quite the right word? I can't imagine Michael Andretti being particularly receptive to Sato's crashiness, but I guess we'll see.
If you read the article there were no actual quotes confirming Sato, only that he'd been talking to multiple Honda teams.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3692223)   #93
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
That obviously will depend on the context. Soooooooooo just to remind you again and I and this is the last time.
Nice - I look forward to context and consistency.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 00:13 (Ref:3692242)   #94
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Nice - I look forward to context and consistency.
Good, so next time I refer to the IRL or IndyCar you won't have a problem with either.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 04:52 (Ref:3692276)   #95
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Good, so next time I refer to the IRL or IndyCar you won't have a problem with either.
Providing there is appropriate context and consistency The FOM / CVC example for Formula 1 was a great example and comparison for future discussions
Old 30 Nov 2016, 06:37 (Ref:3692281)   #96
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Providing there is appropriate context and consistency The FOM / CVC example for Formula 1 was a great example and comparison for future discussions
You already mentioned context and consistency in your previous post. Therefore, as there's no need to go round in circles and perpetuate this, it's time to move on, as I'm sure others reading and posting on this thread are getting a tad bored with this.

I certainly am and it is also completely off topic.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 10:00 (Ref:3692316)   #97
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To get back on topic, do you think further driver/car combinations will be confirmed before the end of the year. As of today, Sato to Andretti, Aleshin remaining at Schmidt, the 4th Ganassi, the KV car and the road/street portion of the split schedule of the 2nd Ed Carpenter Racing car are not yet confirmed.

Also, do you think KV Racing Technologies will run as many cars at the Indy 500 next year as they did this year. To be honest, with that team's current situation, I'm afraid it might be hard to find enough teams to get 33 entries on the entry list for the Indy 500.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 10:48 (Ref:3692320)   #98
10TENTHS
Veteran

Quote:
To get back on topic, do you think further driver/car combinations will be confirmed before the end of the year. As of today, Sato to Andretti, Aleshin remaining at Schmidt, the 4th Ganassi, the KV car and the road/street portion of the split schedule of the 2nd Ed Carpenter Racing car are not yet confirmed.
All of them except KV will be confirmed by year's end. We've already seen most of the grid in place within 2 months of the season ending, which is a big improvement over 2015.

Quote:
Also, do you think KV Racing Technologies will run as many cars at the Indy 500 next year as they did this year. To be honest, with that team's current situation, I'm afraid it might be hard to find enough teams to get 33 entries on the entry list for the Indy 500.
They ran 2 cars this year (including the #61 in conjunction with Team Murray), don't see why that would change in 2017.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 11:08 (Ref:3692325)   #99
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Serralles is testing in Abu Dhabi, he's test schedule is quite busy this off season, but I really doubt he'd bother if he had something solid with #8, or other teams that have seats opened. And re. #25 AA I wrote in Indy Lights thread... although Sato has insufficient funds, or maybe Michael is waiting for someone like Stoneman to come up?!
Old 30 Nov 2016, 11:48 (Ref:3692330)   #100
10TENTHS
Veteran

Your guess is as good as mine on where Serralles goes for 2017.

Andretti have been talking to Sato, Aleshin and probably other drivers we don't know about - as the man (Rob Edwards) said, an announcement is due before the winter break.