Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 2 Jan 2000, 17:00 (Ref:13271)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I have obtain my International B class license and I was wondering what sure credit makers people have found? I have been able to easily win 10,000 credits a day racing a beefed up used Subaru Impreza in the Subaru Impreza challenge events. It is like taking candy away from a baby.

I want to know what car is an arse kicker in the 30 lap Trial Mountain Endurance race. It pays 150,000 credits to the winner. Has anyone won in special cars that are good to tuned up and win races with? Any suggestions that will yield easy money makers that are better than what I already have?
Old 2 Jan 2000, 23:38 (Ref:13272)   #2
JayWay
Rookie

JayWay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe,

I just got GT 2 a couple days ago, but I must say its amazing. I know this is offtopic, but damn. Theres nothing more rewarding then going into a full drift right on the edge and using such quick reflexes to just barely get it back into line on the exit and power out while overtake like two cars. Amazing feeling!

I started off with a Mazda coupe, and have been running up my credits in the Sunday cup. I tweeked it a bit but it hasnt really done to much. Im going to get some more credits in the sunday cup, then sell the car and buy a new one and start beefing it up and running higher races.

But I agree some of these races are sure bets for getting full credits.

Old 3 Jan 2000, 06:21 (Ref:13273)   #3
G-R
Rookie

G-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Off topic? Not in my view. Taking about GT2 here aren't we? It's a racing game, and also a sim, so it fits in.
Old 3 Jan 2000, 21:38 (Ref:13274)   #4
pablo
Rookie

United States
Tulsa, OK, USA
pablo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you have your I-B License, then you have probably won a "race" version car. If not build one up and run it, you should definitely win the race. I won it with a Sard Supra the game gave when I won a race, (forgot which race) I think it was under the GT races.

Another good way to make money is to sell a car you don't think you'll use, especially a race version as they go for 250,000 to 500,000 credits.
Old 7 Jan 2000, 22:09 (Ref:13275)   #5
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have finally won all the Grand Turismo league races that you can participate in with an International B class license (time to take a stab at the International A class license.)

Here is what I found.

1) The Lotus Elise Motorsports version is an awesome car to drive. The engine sounds awesome and I drove that car sideways all to often and won quite a few of the GT League National races with it in its Horsepower class. It is an extremely fun car to drive.

2) A Mistubishi 3000GT Twin Turbo MR(J) was the car that I won all the European League races with and a couple of the Pacific League races with. It maxes out to 571HP to give you easy victories in the Euro League. I can't remember what car I won with for the Laguna Seca race with in that Pacific League. I had problems getting through that damn corkscrew and onto the last finish iine straight cleanly. And that Seattle circuit in this Pac league was a challenge as I always hit that barrier head on that is just before the finish line strech the first few tries.

3) A Ford Focus Rally car is a sure winner in the European League races too even despite being off 131Hp from the 591HP limit. I accidently had this car loaded when I raced (I thought I was in my Mitsubishi GT3000 MR(J) 571HP car) and I won even easier. Strange as this Ford Focus Rally car is 4WD just like the Mitsubishi GT3000 MR(J) car but down 111HP from it. Some of these races I couldn't win at unless I was in cars where their horsepower was fairly close to the limit because I would always get beat down tracks that had long stretches to the finish line unless I had the lead.
Old 10 Jan 2000, 00:24 (Ref:13276)   #6
Joe Fan
Veteran

I finally got my International A class license. It was much easier than getting it on the original Grand Turismo. I have several questions:

1) What is the Super license good for? I don't see any races where it is required.

2) Does anyone have any good car recommendations for the Grand Turismo World Championship races?
Old 11 Jan 2000, 14:12 (Ref:13277)   #7
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I regularly go to the Mid-engine championship and run the Red Rock Valley event. A win there pays off with a Ford GT40 Racer. Keep the first oone and sell the rest for a cool 250,000. I have all of my licenses now and am working on winning all of the bonus cars.

As far as the 30 lap Trial Mountain event I used a won car for that. I think the front engine/rear wheel drive championship will net you a semi-tuned Mazda RX-7 by Mazdaspeed. Finish tuning it out to the max allowable horsepower and use it.

As far as ringer cars go, the '99 Unisia Jecs Skyline is most unbeatable. I have won the GT World Championship with a Daishin Silvia GT, Unisia Jecs Skyline, Ford GT40, and a Taisan STP Viper. All of those are won cars. One of the strongest cars you can build in the game is a top of the line Ruf (Porsche) and take it as far as the game will allow, there is no racing version. It has around 630 hp and all wheel drive and rocks.

I love to buy cars and build up racers out of them. I think I have over 80 cars now with everything I've won and built up.
Old 13 Jan 2000, 03:13 (Ref:13278)   #8
Joe Fan
Veteran

KC, thanks for the tip. I won that Ford GT40 this morning. Do you have a good recommendation for the World Championship race at Laguna Seca and the first race (I think it is Trial Mountain)in that series. These are the only two races that give me problems.

Also, I convincingly won an Endurance race the other day (I can't remember which one--I think it was a 50 lapper at Apricot Hill) that paid out 500,00 credits. I was racing a Ford Focus Rally Car and I lapped the entire field by lap 15. I finished 3-4 laps ahead of all the other cars. Unfortunately, the car I won was a good car (I will not say to retain the element of surprise) but only was worth 250,000 credits. This seemed like a lot of work for 750,000 credits.
Old 26 Feb 2000, 19:08 (Ref:13279)   #9
David McManus
Racer

David McManus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car to win trial mountain end. race with, I used Lancia Delta Evo, fully tuned with everything but turbine kit. Prize 150,000 and car (sell 4 250,000)
Super license opens up Event Synthesiser aparrently (Don't ask what it does,still stuck on S-license)
For quick credits to tune Lancia, drive anything fast in the muscle car cup race 2 and sell the Shelby for 75000
Old 3 Mar 2000, 00:45 (Ref:13281)   #10
David McManus
Racer

David McManus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RUF 911. What drivetrain does that have?
Old 3 Mar 2000, 05:48 (Ref:13280)   #11
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I don't own the game, I've played it plenty (not at work - honest-ish...). The Delta is quite a nice piece of kit, but it's a little sluggish for the big league.

I find, as some of you have already discovered, that the RUF 911s are among the best cars in the game. My fastest is a yellow beast (CTR Turbo, methinks) tuned to 656hp and it only weighs 1200kgs... Handles a dream and belts all the way out to 370km/h.

Use a car like that in the Tuned Turbo Car competition and you'll get instant money - $50,000 and a car (Drag Nissans - $250,000 sell on each!).

As a side note, my favourite car is a lervely blue Audi S4. This thing is almost as fast as the 911 - mind you, it does have 601hp... Better than Frank Biela's BTCC winning machine!!
Old 5 Mar 2000, 03:49 (Ref:13282)   #12
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's based on a Carrera 4. As in, 4wd...
Old 24 Mar 2000, 23:40 (Ref:13283)   #13
GasMan
Racer

GasMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't remember exactly what license you need but participate in Round 3 of GT All-Stars at Red Rock Valley.

If you win you get 25000Cr - I think - and the TVR Speed 12 which can be sold for 500,000Cr. Not bad for just 5 laps work

BTW - If you do try the Speed 12 - which I advise - be very careful with the accelerator. I've got a pretty decent Speed 12 setup for Red Rock Valley which can produce times between 58 - 59 seconds. If interested give me a shout...