Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Dec 2016, 12:19 (Ref:3694776)   #201
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 48689.
Been sent some 4 more photo's from old school chum. These sure are bringing back happy memories... Don't know if its possible to make photo's bigger. "Gordon "
Great pics!

Think you would need to 'edit' the scans on your computer for them to appear bigger on here. The size looks to be the pic plus A4 (?) backing, if you could trim all that off the pics could appear bigger.....
Old 8 Dec 2016, 22:36 (Ref:3694888)   #202
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge2031 View Post

To be honest I am not sure what I will do with it..but would love to get it back on the track where it belongs........
CSCC Special Saloons and Modsports series. The obvious place and it would be very welcome.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 07:54 (Ref:3695432)   #203
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Love the Thruxton pic. Trying desperately to wrack my brains and remember the name of the driver of the blue/yellow Midget, it's a car I recognise.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 17:02 (Ref:3695553)   #204
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ive got the qualy sheet. Will try and post.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 19:31 (Ref:3695594)   #205
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
No 72 W D Humphreys .M G Midget. Looks like he had a few problems. He only did two laps of practice but finished the race getting lapped twice.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 22:39 (Ref:3695642)   #206
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Not a lot I can do with them really, but I am 1400mls from home !Click image for larger version

Name:	GT6 Sonning 1976 with novice cross.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	48711

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paul GT6 photo at workshop in Sonning 1976.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	48712

Name:	Thruxton 1977. start of race..jpg
Views:	11
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	48713 The resolution isn't big enough in the originals that were posted.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Dec 2016, 10:06 (Ref:3695750)   #207
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Gordon. Found Qualy sheet. here it is.
Qualy sheet Thruxton Modsports race 1977.pdf
Old 13 Dec 2016, 10:09 (Ref:3695752)   #208
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Qualy sheet Thruxton Modsports race 1977.pdf
Old 13 Dec 2016, 10:49 (Ref:3695757)   #209
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK

Name:	ThruxtonQualyS.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	48718
Old 13 Dec 2016, 10:51 (Ref:3695758)   #210
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Out of interest would anyone have the race program
Old 14 Dec 2016, 08:38 (Ref:3696055)   #211
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hah, there's some names there! Thanks Iain - wallowing in nostalgia for a few minutes.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 13:11 (Ref:3697332)   #212
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
GT6 Brands Hatch 3 1976.pdf
Old 20 Dec 2016, 13:16 (Ref:3697333)   #213
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Had another photo in the post yesterday.See above Think this was from a small clubbie at Brands. Back row of the grid but I did manage out qualify the Transit. happy days.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 15:03 (Ref:3697354)   #214
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Had another photo in the post yesterday.See above Think this was from a small clubbie at Brands. Back row of the grid but I did manage out qualify the Transit. happy days.
Car looks great! Wonder if the Aston alongside you is still about, and if so, still in 'club' spec?
Old 20 Dec 2016, 15:49 (Ref:3697366)   #215
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes Mike . And I wonder what the price tag would be now . I had a brilliant race with that Aston . We were side by side going into Paddock one lap . We were exchanging glances but I hung on and held my place . I'm sure I remember the car not starting for green flag lap . Loads of marshalls and helpers gave me a push but she just would not fire up . Got pushed into the pit exit and I suddenly realised I did not have ignition on . Red mist took over then and I made up a few places. Happy days
Old 20 Dec 2016, 17:42 (Ref:3697387)   #216
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sorry Iain I wanted a look at it !Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	48782
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Dec 2016, 19:06 (Ref:3697420)   #217
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Cheers Gordon . I'm enjoying all this nostalger . She sure is great looking car .
Old 21 Dec 2016, 10:01 (Ref:3697562)   #218
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
As this thread appears to be about a racing GT6 and bearing in mind the time of year, is it time for us all to sing a few verses of "Hark the Herald Axles Swing?
Old 23 Dec 2016, 07:37 (Ref:3698060)   #219
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If you allow me, those pictures bring back a few memories. In '98 my will to race in endurance was strong. A small ad said that the very french and independent "Yesterday Racing" was looking for a new mate. Car was a Spitfire which has a strong reputation in France… we finished all the long term races we entered that year with no issue. Best souvenir must be the 6 Hours of Spa, finishing 26 overall (52 classifieds, around 60 entered) if I'm right, in spite of the small fuel tank and 2 seasons old MXV Michelins. I would say the rear end is a little bit "rover" but predictable. Yes, happy days. Very happy!
Old 26 Dec 2016, 08:01 (Ref:3698487)   #220
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GT6 didn't have the greatest reputation for its handling in road car form, how did you get it to handle, Delta?
Old 26 Dec 2016, 08:49 (Ref:3698490)   #221
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ha ha . Well yes I remember the first time I raced at Silystone . Did not manage a lap without spinning at Beckets which was further down the back straight then and you arrived at a fair old lick back in those days . This was to be my first visit to see the Clark of the Corse .i managed to convince him that all would be sorted with the car and driver so he let me start the race . So started but also this was to be my most embarrassing moment in motor sport as we had an intermittent fuel pump problem and I got passed by Silverstone Sid in the fire engine on the first lap. I then stopped on pit straight opposite the pits so a lot of firsts in this race but for all the wrong reason
Old 26 Dec 2016, 08:55 (Ref:3698491)   #222
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Spending Christmas with my brother in law who helped me build the car . His memory is much better than mine and yes we did use a 2.5 injection head .He also said we put the later MK3 rear suspension on the car which had a lower rear wishbone . He has worked for Ferrari for over 40 years and he tells me now that he would fall asleep under a car back then as we would be working on the car most nights until early hours . Happy days
Old 26 Dec 2016, 11:04 (Ref:3698511)   #223
midgetman
Veteran

>>>>Working on the car most nights until the early hours

No change there then Iain! Enjoy the break Mr Delta, you've earned it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Dec 2016, 16:38 (Ref:3699167)   #224
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
bumped....
Old 12 Jan 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3702180)   #225
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This picture was passed to me by Paul Sears who's father used to race a Tiger in mod sports. I thought people on here would appreciate such a rare photo depicting Brian Hough in the ex Richard Taft Tuscan. brian was later killed at Kimpton Bend Thruxton in the car. this was an extremely fast and potent car who's chassis was put together by Mike Bigland who later went on to design the TVR M Series Chassis for Martin Lilley at TVR..

A very rare shot.
N.