Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Apr 2000, 19:40 (Ref:132)   #1
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone has to admit this is one of the most succesful engine debutes ever. Corect me if I'm wrong but every time BMW has finnished it's been in the points, one 3rd, one 4th, two 5ths and one 6th.!

The suposedly overweight and under powered V-10's were absolutly wonderful! You have to admit that with an engine which already is so good and those two drivers Williams has a bright future ahead.

BMW FAN FOR LIFE!
Old 24 Apr 2000, 01:40 (Ref:133)   #2
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say that I thought Wiliams was headed for a duff season. It looks like Ralfie is driving as well as ever and that little Button fella is actually turning out to be a force to be reckoned with.

So much for Jag and Jordan fighting for "Best-of-the-Rest", Williams BMW will be improving all season long. Ralfie's first win is closer than we think.
Old 24 Apr 2000, 06:45 (Ref:134)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd second that.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 20:10 (Ref:135)   #4
TRoM
Rookie

TRoM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All thanks to one particular man..

Paul Rosche (??). Thanks to him BMW has won back in the 80's with their 1.5 liter turbo cars, the McLaren F1's 6.0 liter V12s. The man's a legend. Too bad he retired right after this one.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 20:52 (Ref:136)   #5
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid you're crediting the wrong man, TRoM.

The man responsible for BMW's engine design is Andrew Cowell. He was responsible for the 'mini' F1 V10 of the '99 Stewart while he was a key figure at Cosworth.

He was drafted in when it was discovered that the Paul Rosche V10 (that williams tested at length at Miramas) was heavy and unreliable.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 21:02 (Ref:137)   #6
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don’t forget to mention the excellent chassis Williams is providing. Even with the crappy engine they had last year the Williams did great. Now Berger said he was amazed by the way Williams team works. So give credit to all the people involved in the success.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 22:41 (Ref:138)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Particularly since the Williams has been an evil dog for the past two seasons. It seems that we ahve a return to the status quo, and Jag and Jordan are licking wounds they never expected to have.

Its the return of the Big Three.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 23:28 (Ref:141)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Given the turn of speed Stewart showed all last season, Herbert's (lucky) win, consolidation of Ford's control of Cosworth and the former Stewart Team, AND momentum AND the fact that they finished fourth last season, it seemed logical that their fortunes would continue to rise.

Given that no one expected the BMW to be either fast or reliable and that William's choice for a #2 seemed suspect, I discounted Williams' chances for the season. It appears I was wrong.

Also, as much as I like Jordan and HHF, I suspected that they would be in trouble this season-any chance they have of dissuading Honda away from BAR will disappear son if they don't raise their game.

BAR was not expected to be competitive this season and Benetton looked to be on a long slide to the back of the grid. It seemed that Jaguar really was the strongest team behind Mac and the Ferraris.
Some one has some explaining to do in Milton Keynes.
Old 26 Apr 2000, 03:46 (Ref:139)   #9
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big five in the next several years with Toyota and Renault. Thats 10 highly competitive cars, wow!

But don't worry Munich will beat all the rest.
Old 26 Apr 2000, 10:52 (Ref:140)   #10
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why did everyone reckon Jaguar and Jordan would be scrapping for 'Best of the Rest'?

Jaguar have been pitiful this season....