Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Apr 2013, 06:57 (Ref:3237256)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Advice on Mosport?

Hello, all! I'm already planning my third visit to Mosport to take in the ALMS weekend, and I'd like to ask for some advice.

Previously, I've always set up my tent on the hill outside of Turn-1. I enjoy it there, mainly because the paddock entrance is directly in front of me. Also, it's a very short walk to the S/F line. But I'm almost embarrassed to say that I've never seen any of the track, other than the stretch between Turns 10 and 1.

I've been told that "the place to be" is the hairpin, and I've always wanted to check it out. But it's so far from the paddock! And I've been worried that perhaps it gets so crowded in that area that camping would be tight.

I think I'll take a walk to the hairpin this year, but I'm not sure if I want to set up my tent so far from the pit and paddock. (I really enjoy spending time in there).

So, although I've always had great fun at Turn-1, there's not alot of passing there. Any suggestions of other corners where there might be more action? What about Turns 8, 9 or 10?

Is there camping on the outside of Turn-8 to the inside of Turn-9? Is the grandstand at Turn-10 "General Admittance"? Is there a fair bit of action at any of these corners?

Or is there another spot, maybe looking down from a hill, that I don't know about and that you think is a great vantage point?

Or maybe you feel that the hairpin is so great, that it's worth being so far away from the pit and paddock?

I would really appreciate any tips and advice that you might have to offer me. I've purchased a new tent, a new camera and I'm really looking forward to this year's event, booking my vacation around it. (Arriving Friday, leaving Monday). Perhaps you might have some advice about things other than "where to camp", such as things to do or things to see?

Please allow me to thank you in advance. Maybe I'll even see you there?