Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Apr 2009, 05:12 (Ref:2430290)   #26
kiwi butt
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
Papatoetoe
kiwi butt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could one of those cars for Ford Performless Racing be for my beloved Team Kiwi Racing?

When Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch of Kiwi Investors get off their coits and buy the brand name of Team Kiwi Racing, do you think they might be able to use the big credit David Paul John got from FPR for all those bills he paid in advance?

Maybe Team Kiwi Racing can use a new FG. Or their old car that the Decina Drone is trying to sell every week in the rags

I love you Marky Mark
Old 1 Apr 2009, 09:09 (Ref:2430387)   #27
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This thread should have been started this morning
Old 2 Apr 2009, 02:59 (Ref:2431027)   #28
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The plans out in the paddock suggest FPR could become a 3 car team by Winton time....
La la lalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Old 2 Apr 2009, 04:58 (Ref:2431042)   #29
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Well i really could not have seen him drive something like below around.
Old 11 May 2009, 04:55 (Ref:2459728)   #30
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems the four car team will be comming sooner than people have estimated. A portion from an email I got today

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPR Media Release
Ford Performance Racing and Stone Brothers Racing, are pooling resources in a bid to create the perfect FG Falcon V8 Supercar.

Shane Van Gisbergen will test Mark Winterbottom's Orrcon Steel FPR Falcon at Winton Motor Raceway and Mark Winterbottom was last week at SBR’s HQ for a seat fitting before testing the SBR Falcon in the near future.

The teams plan to combine each other's advantages and gather data on set-up alternatives.
Surely this means that FPR and SBR are grouped which makes them a four car team.
Old 11 May 2009, 05:32 (Ref:2459733)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does grouping still exist in light of the 4 car WP squad, and the 4 car Kelly Racing squad?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 May 2009, 05:37 (Ref:2459735)   #32
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Well it makes sense they both got the Ford $$$ and well 888 and DJR are both outperforming them thus far
Old 11 May 2009, 05:39 (Ref:2459736)   #33
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Its not Grouping Per Say as far as i understand it HRT runs under HRT and HSVDT runs under a different entity and in terms of the Kelly's they are listed as JDR and KRT so 2 seperate entities once again.

Well Thats how i see it anyway.
Old 11 May 2009, 06:18 (Ref:2459755)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Seems the four car team will be comming sooner than people have estimated. A portion from an email I got today

Surely this means that FPR and SBR are grouped which makes them a four car team.
Release Here
Old 11 May 2009, 07:15 (Ref:2459778)   #35
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
Its not Grouping Per Say as far as i understand it HRT runs under HRT and HSVDT runs under a different entity and in terms of the Kelly's they are listed as JDR and KRT so 2 seperate entities once again.

Well Thats how i see it anyway.
I am preety confident that HRT are a four car team and that tom owns all 4 franchises.

you will notice wheer they are in pitlane, this is so they could have all the cars in adjoining pits as the rules state they must be in the pit postion of the lowest based franchise to achieve this
Old 11 May 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2459801)   #36
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kelly Racing and HRT/WPR are known as four car teams
Old 11 May 2009, 07:49 (Ref:2459805)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its an interesting ploy... doesnt say when/if Mr Van Gisbergen will drive an FPR car though...

An FPR seems to 'point' well, while an SBR car seems to 'power down' well. I bet it isnt as simple as putting the settings for each end that looks good on a car and going for it!

Where is Mr Bright in all of this?? I thought he was SBR's demon setup king. Has the decision to continue with Mr Slater's development program independent of SBR really put Mr Bright out of the loop?
Old 11 May 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2459812)   #38
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will be interesting as they are 2 different chassis, thats like GRM & SGR sharing data. couldn't you knind of trip over each other with things suiting the SBR car and not the FPR car and visa versa. will be interesting.
Old 11 May 2009, 08:03 (Ref:2459822)   #39
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Shane Van Gisbergen will tomorrow test the Orrcon Steel FPR Falcon at Winton Motor Raceway and Mark Winterbottom was last week at SBR’s Queensland HQ for a seat fitting before testing this Thursday."

Come on, GTR - Slipping a bit there!
Old 11 May 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2459838)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
"Shane Van Gisbergen will tomorrow test the Orrcon Steel FPR Falcon at Winton Motor Raceway and Mark Winterbottom was last week at SBR’s Queensland HQ for a seat fitting before testing this Thursday."

Come on, GTR - Slipping a bit there!
Old age...

It would be interesting for Mr van Gisbergen to run at Winton again.. he should be able to compare the last time he drove the SBR car at that track (only a week and a bit ago) and be able to notice the difference

Is he good enough technically to tell the SBR & FPR boys what the differences are in settings? Or just overall feel?

Wonder why Mr Davison didnt get the testing gig?
Old 11 May 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2459934)   #41
Alco
Rookie

Alco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or Mr Richards & Mr Bright?
The Stones have a lot of time and respect for Frosty. They would have him back tomorrow if it was an option.

Quote:

Wonder why Mr Davison didnt get the testing gig?
Old 11 May 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2459958)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It was an option, and they picked Mr Courtney... I bet they still kick themselves!
Old 11 May 2009, 10:49 (Ref:2459974)   #43
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It was an option, and they picked Mr Courtney... I bet they still kick themselves!
i reckon the bruises would be pretty big from them kicking themselves and from Mr Courtney's repair bill.
Old 11 May 2009, 11:35 (Ref:2460005)   #44
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grouping as such hasn't existed since the end of '07. The main restriction was on testing, which was removed.

Maybe some have forgotten SBR and FPR began discussions last year on how they could both save money and go faster together, with this the first piece of news we have seen since then.
Old 11 May 2009, 14:28 (Ref:2460165)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Save money? Easily done... shut down Campbellfield and move the equipment & (some) engineering strength to Yatala... bring the commercial muscle of FPR along, and find decent sponsorship across 4 SBR-prepared cars.
Old 12 May 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2460839)   #46
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What FPR and Van Gisbergen had to say about testing at Winton today here.
Old 12 May 2009, 23:37 (Ref:2461317)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
An FPR seems to 'point' well, while an SBR car seems to 'power down' well. I bet it isnt as simple as putting the settings for each end that looks good on a car and going for it!
Seems almost like what Mr Van Gisbergen said.....
Old 13 May 2009, 00:55 (Ref:2461351)   #48
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Save money? Easily done... shut down Campbellfield and move the equipment & (some) engineering strength to Yatala... bring the commercial muscle of FPR along, and find decent sponsorship across 4 SBR-prepared cars.
But the FPR workshop is so large and shiny...
Old 13 May 2009, 01:41 (Ref:2461360)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
But the FPR workshop is so large and shiny...
And leased and expensive and opulent and unnecessary....
Old 13 May 2009, 03:22 (Ref:2461387)   #50
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And leased and expensive and opulent and unnecessary....
Cynic...