Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Nov 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2787352)   #51
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll believe when the official word comes out thanks.
Old 9 Nov 2010, 00:48 (Ref:2787387)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Based on the driving line up being talked about, HRT are not likely to be consistent runners in 2011... Mr de la Rosa didnt shine at Sauber this season, while everyone else on the list seems to be a monied rookie...

Webber to HRT?
Old 9 Nov 2010, 04:55 (Ref:2787453)   #53
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
PDR had a dog car early this year. Heidfeld is doing so much better isn't he? The engine was a disaster, it was basically the Ferrari test bed. "oh your engines fail like our's!" forget about it, Sauber wasn't the greatest in terms of reliability, that's not to say PDR was an awesome driver, but with the tire knowledge of next year, he'd be good to have in terms of development, also Toyota designing your car since the tires are developed on a Toyota car. You see what I'm getting at?
Old 11 Nov 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2788747)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I look forward to seeing it at the Abu Dhabi post season test.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:37 (Ref:2790918)   #55
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I don't think we'll see the new car that soon. But we might hear an announcement within this or next week. Toyota has stated this, through Pascal Vasselon, and HRT has said the same thing. To me it's only a matter of time before they announce their collaboration.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2791178)   #56
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't say I'm too surprised:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88313
Old 15 Nov 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2791193)   #57
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
I read the article it all sounds very familliar, with HRT not paying up. They did the same thing with Dallara, hence no more development with the car.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 18:28 (Ref:2791195)   #58
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
No money, no car.
This is the saga that has continually plagued this team and organisation.
They have a lot of work to do between now and next season, if they make it at all.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 21:37 (Ref:2791319)   #59
TF110
Veteran

United States
That's too bad, and here I was excited for no reason! Ah well, HRT doesn't deserve it in the first place if they can't even keep up payments to Cosworth. Hopefully another team looks to Toyota for support.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 13:03 (Ref:2791566)   #60
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'm sorry to say it but HRT have not done enough to keep their place on the grid.

People only notice these things when it's the other way around, but Senna finished ahead of Klien on Sunday and set a faster race lap.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 15:10 (Ref:2791652)   #61
Matador
Racer

So, looking like HRT won't be on the 2011 grid then?
Old 16 Nov 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2791670)   #62
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i can confirm my 11 year old cousin has been approached to design the new hispania chassis for 2011. he's hoping to be able to stay within the lines and maybe use his silver pens a bit
Old 16 Nov 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2791711)   #63
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I read the article it all sounds very familliar, with HRT not paying up. They did the same thing with Dallara, hence no more development with the car.
Allthough I heard Dallara charged them a lot more than originally agreed upon.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2791717)   #64
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I'm sorry to say it but HRT have not done enough to keep their place on the grid....
Well, they beat Virgin in the WCC
Old 16 Nov 2010, 17:26 (Ref:2791721)   #65
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's hope this new spanish director can broker a sale to Epsilon Eskooldaze or someone similarly ready to go.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2791875)   #66
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
If the deal with Toyota has fallen through and can't be salvaged, does that mean that HRT have literally no car for next season as things stand? Because they really shouldn't be allowed back onto the grid to be as embarrassing as they were this season.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 16 Nov 2010, 22:46 (Ref:2791887)   #67
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I think that's them finished. Unless they can pinch an old car off Williams like Super Aguri did with BAR but I don't think you can do that now.

Noone else will do business with them unless it's cash up front. Dallara gave them the boot, Toyota did too. All very publically. Their credit-worthiness must be the pits.

They can sell the team to save the organisation but that's it for the current owners I think unless they can repair that relationship with Toyota at the last minute.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 23:23 (Ref:2791901)   #68
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Let's hope this new spanish director can broker a sale to Epsilon Eskooldaze or someone similarly ready to go.
Sounds like a planet in the Star Trek universe.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2791928)   #69
Matador
Racer

HRT Surprised by Toyota Announcement
Old 17 Nov 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2791929)   #70
TF110
Veteran

United States
I don't know the full story but it sounds like they were expecting the deal to go through. I think it's more up to the bosses, the owners Carabantes that is. If he isn't trying to set the money issue straight with Toyota, there's nothing going to happen between them. Besides all that, at least HRT showed up to the test session, and wasn't the slowest.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2792005)   #71
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Please tell me that this does not mean that the Dallara will be rolled out agaion next season.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2792061)   #72
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they surely cannot build a car by themselves.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2792072)   #73
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor View Post
And they have a hard time modifying the current Dallara car, because they do not own the intellectual property.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2792075)   #74
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor View Post
If they were able to build there own car, I think they would have, otherwise why go to Dallara in the first place.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2792149)   #75
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think they would be allowed to use the Dallara in 2011. Arent they going to ban the double diffuser?