Kovalainen 0 0%
DiGrassi 0 0%
Senna 1 0.76%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2790899)   #51
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought Petrov did an outstanding job. He is a talented driver and I hope he can kick on now. Well done that man.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2790901)   #52
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Those who complain that 10-10ths has a British bias would do well to note that the underwhelming Webber and Alonso both received votes from their countrymen whereas the impressive Button and Hamilton did not.

Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2790909)   #53
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Those who complain that 10-10ths has a British bias would do well to note that the underwhelming Webber and Alonso both received votes from their countrymen whereas the impressive Button and Hamilton did not.

Someone voted for Webber after that performance? I didn't know his mum was registered on ten-tenths
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2790914)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Close, it was actually his boyfriend that voted.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:37 (Ref:2790919)   #55
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another vote for Vettel.

Honourable mentions to both the Renault drivers.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2790931)   #56
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it has to be Vettel. Got pole and lead from the front and won the race. What more do you want for a world champion.

I'd say Petrov in second for performing a good drive at the circuit. Not really his fault he held Alonso up. It was the track's really. He didn't buckle under pressure and at the end ignored Alonso's hissy fit wavering a fist at him.

Button would be third best driver of the race, as going so long and at a decent pace on those super soft tyres. Plus getting third place and a decent qualifying for him.

Hamilton fourth driver of the race. Decent qualifying and decent race pace, but lost out to the faster driver on the day. Fortunately Hamilton didn't go for a rash move and kept his car on the track.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2790954)   #57
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, for the driver who began his real racing career in teenage in Lada Sputnik Cup Vitaly did a great job.
It was vitally for him to make it out as he had really bad press here in Russia. Almost after all his races a lot of 'experts' appeared and began talking about how he shames the whole country.
Vitaly's weakest point - he has almost no karting career at all. Plus there was an enormous pressure all the season. During the latest race I suppose there was no pressure at all and the fact that Kubica was beaten in qualify gave Petrov more confidence and more fresh air. Vitaly could race for pleasure and when you are doing something with pleasure it usually gets only better.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2790962)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I thought Petrov did an outstanding job. He is a talented driver and I hope he can kick on now. Well done that man.
Whoof, extraordinary!
Old 15 Nov 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2791023)   #59
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

There are some Americans here on the F1 section of 10-Tenths.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 13:48 (Ref:2791027)   #60
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
There are some Americans here on the F1 section of 10-Tenths.
You've lost me.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2791034)   #61
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
But jokes aside... Garcon, do you think Teflonso will be yelling at his team right now ?

It doesn't sound like him, did he ever do this before ?
Yelling at his team sounds more like something Hamilton would do than Alonso tbh. I dont think he will
Old 15 Nov 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2791035)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The point is, there are some Americans and they didn't vote for Webber either.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2791040)   #63
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You've lost me.
I was attempting to show 10-Tenths isn't full of British bias and there are other nationalaties here as well.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2791057)   #64
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Close, it was actually his boyfriend that voted.
Are you sure it wasn't Teflonso
Old 15 Nov 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2791152)   #65
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I was attempting to show 10-Tenths isn't full of British bias and there are other nationalaties here as well.
Ahhh but what better way to demonstrate British bias than to vote for Petrov? A vote for Petrov is a vote against Alonso. Why not vote for Kubica for the same reasons as he did the same thing; because he held up Lovely Lewis??

All of the Alonso hatred began when he was partnered with the sainted HRH Hamilton at MacLaren. Before that when Alonso was winning WDC's against that other 10-Tenths favourite Michael Schumacher; he was a hero!!

Sorry Petrov voters, your bias is showing loud & clear!
Old 15 Nov 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2791156)   #66
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
Ahhh but what better way to demonstrate British bias than to vote for Petrov? A vote for Petrov is a vote against Alonso. Why not vote for Kubica for the same reasons as he did the same thing; because he held up Lovely Lewis??

All of the Alonso hatred began when he was partnered with the sainted HRH Hamilton at MacLaren. Before that when Alonso was winning WDC's against that other 10-Tenths favourite Michael Schumacher; he was a hero!!

I did vote for Kubica.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 17:35 (Ref:2791162)   #67
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm not so sure about that...
Old 15 Nov 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2791168)   #68
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not really about nationalism, its more about being a fanboy and not being able to see things objectively.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2791173)   #69
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
Its not really about nationalism, its more about being a fanboy and not being able to see things objectively.
I don't think you can rule out nationalism, it does play its part.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2791249)   #70
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't think you can assume all the Petrov voters did so because he held up Alonso.
I think Petrov has had an appalling tirade of abuse by some people on the forum simply because he made a few rookie mistakes. A vote for him on a day when he delivered wasn't a vote against Alonso.

And to BJ Johnsonsmith: I agree. Nationalism does have something to do with it.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2791256)   #71
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Whoof, extraordinary!
I did not intentionally post in the style of Legard, all the more chastening for me.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2791263)   #72
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I don't think you can assume all the Petrov voters did so because he held up Alonso.
I think Petrov has had an appalling tirade of abuse by some people on the forum simply because he made a few rookie mistakes. A vote for him on a day when he delivered wasn't a vote against Alonso.

Just look at the Australians here rooting for Webber.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 20:25 (Ref:2791272)   #73
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:

Old 15 Nov 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2791338)   #74
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post

Sorry mate,
As far as I'm concerned Spritle is right. I voted for Petrov simply because he held up Alonso. Had Alonso got past him and been held up by Rosberg, Rosberg would have got my vote.
Petrov's drive was not the best of the day, that honour, IMO, should go to Vettel or Kubica. I didn't mind who won the WDC, as long as it wasn't Alonso and anyone who stopped him was going to get my vote.

Spritle, my bias is loud and clear.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 22:54 (Ref:2791349)   #75
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Sorry mate,
As far as I'm concerned Spritle is right. I voted for Petrov simply because he held up Alonso. Had Alonso got past him and been held up by Rosberg, Rosberg would have got my vote.
Petrov's drive was not the best of the day, that honour, IMO, should go to Vettel or Kubica. I didn't mind who won the WDC, as long as it wasn't Alonso and anyone who stopped him was going to get my vote.

Spritle, my bias is loud and clear.
spritle's assumption concerning your vote may be right in your case,....but neither Spritle nor you can assume it is right for everyone.

Similarly, I cannot discount that for a number of people, their animosity for Alonso may have been a factor in their vote for Petrov.