Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Nov 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2790448)   #26
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will always be a special place in my heart for Vitaly Petrov..
Old 14 Nov 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2790455)   #27
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso today wasnt much different from a football player unpleasent with his own work that day and blaming it on his direct counterpart

though i think it might be fair to say that both works renaults were set of to sail for the works colours
Old 14 Nov 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2790464)   #28
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Remember this?

No, of course not, it wasn't Alonso being evil, therefore it doesn't count
Old 14 Nov 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2790466)   #29
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The toys and teddies will be flying around the Ferrari de-brief room tonight.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2790467)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
The more I see of Alonso's temperament the more he reminds me of Senna.
Not even for a second.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2790471)   #31
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Not even for a second.
Agree
Alonso has none of the Senna charisma, not even close, and from what I have seen of him since 2004, never will.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2790474)   #32
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Not even for a second.
Indeed, he wouldn't try anything as reckless and stupid as intentionally running someone off the road out of spite
Old 14 Nov 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2790482)   #33
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Alonso and Senna are not identical of course but they do share a similarity in terms of their sense of entitlement.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2790494)   #34
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Senna would have shown similar temprement, and most people would have loved him for it!

We armchair enthusiasts have no idea what it's like to be an F1 driver, or how they think or what motivates them. Secondly he's not a British sportsman...'fair play old chap'...Who are we to judge a double world champion?

I think his frustration was totally understandable.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2790508)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Indeed, he wouldn't try anything as reckless and stupid as intentionally running someone off the road out of spite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Alonso and Senna are not identical of course but they do share a similarity in terms of their sense of entitlement.
I think we should ask this to Ron Dennis. He most than anyone knows about the two guys.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2790513)   #36
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
Senna would have shown similar temprement, and most people would have loved him for it!

We armchair enthusiasts have no idea what it's like to be an F1 driver, or how they think or what motivates them. Secondly he's not a British sportsman...'fair play old chap'...Who are we to judge a double world champion?

We are finely placed to judge being sporting and respectful. He should be shaking his fist at himself and whoever else in Ferrari is responsible for their crap race.

Besides, Alonso has form with poor behaviour. It merely confirms what many know.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2790515)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post

I think you might be right, and certainly is understandable, but not acceptable, what would you think if it was directed to someone close to you ? Not very pleasant, but sure it's the heat of the moment, that's when the worst things happen.
Secondly he's not a british but latin... again that old cliche.
But I'm not judging him as a Double World Champion, just the man like anyone else. Better say, not judging, just considering.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2790530)   #38
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Just his frustration coming out, calmed down and was quite magnanimous afterwards, no problems.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2790564)   #39
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a weird person to take your frustration out on though. I would've thought thumping the steering wheel would have been more appropriate. It was unfair to do that to Petrov. He made himself look like a tool.

Fair play to Petrov for steering towards Alonso and then pumping his own fists in the air!

People praised Massa for being magnanimous after 2008 and I was never sure he deserved so much praise for being so 'graceful' in defeat. He did nothing wrong of course with that and fair play, good sportsmanship and all that, but it wasn't amazing. It was how it should be.

Alonso often waves his fists about, but this was "ridiculous" as he said at Hockenheim.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2790578)   #40
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Meh. Why don't we take emotion out of the sport all together. He has congratulated Vettel, congratulated Red Bull, praised Petrov's driving, refused to publicly criticized his team. I don't know what else Alonso is suppose to do.

Is everyone here saying they haven't at some point in their lives become so overcome with frustration that they mouthed a few swear words or waved their fist in anger.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:18 (Ref:2790580)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
I don't know what else Alonso is suppose to do.
I think the point is that he shouldn't do...
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2790583)   #42
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Is everyone here saying they haven't at some point in their lives become so overcome with frustration that they mouthed a few swear words or waved their fist in anger.
Never with millions of people watching !
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2790593)   #43
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Never with millions of people watching !
Doing it in the heat of the moment at some point during the 40 laps would be undertandable, not on the cool down lap after the fact.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2790595)   #44
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh. How scary. He waved his fist.

If we've going on the basis that fist waving is now considered an obscene jesture, what about the many drivers who have given the middle finger to others on occasions that they've been held up in Qualifying, for example?

That's a lot worst than fist waving to me.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2790602)   #45
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Meh. Why don't we take emotion out of the sport all together. He has congratulated Vettel, congratulated Red Bull, praised Petrov's driving, refused to publicly criticized his team. I don't know what else Alonso is suppose to do.

I got hit by a car when I was on my bike this morning because some dozy woman just pulled out from where she was parked and put me in a potentially perilous situation. I was annoyed but I kept things in perspective. Now I'm not saying this out of self-praise but to point out that I had a legitimate grievance with her but I kept some level of perspective. Whereas Alonso had not reason to wave his fist AT Petrov. It just made no sense. I understand over-reactions, red mist and all that. I've raced, if not at anywhere near F1 levels of pressure and competition and I've had a few moments where I've reacted in the wrong way, so I acknowledge the red mist thingy. I just don't get why he had to direct this at Petrov. It just made him look petty.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2790609)   #46
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Especially at some feckin Sunday driver who's just held you up for two hours...
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:48 (Ref:2790617)   #47
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
I can't say I was impressed, but I wasn't surprised - and he's not the first "top driver" I've seen over the years who seems to believe they have an automatic right to get past other drivers, even though the driver in front is legitimately defending their position.

It's inevitable that we'll see "unsportsmanlike behaviour" from time to time when emotions are so high. It doesn't justify it, but it is understandable.
+1

Can anyone name a driver who has never shown his fist at one of his competitors?
They all do so for the same reason: frustration. Frustration for a spoiled qualifying lap, for blocking, for being held up while lapping, for ...

I was far less impressed with Vettel's behaviour after Turkey but of course most have forgotten about that today.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:51 (Ref:2790619)   #48
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

I was far less impressed with Vettel's behaviour after Turkey but of course most have forgotten about that today.
How can we forget it when posters like you keep reminding us
Old 14 Nov 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2790666)   #49
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Poor Teflonso, bless him.
I hope Petrov burst out laughing. It's a shame he didn't give Teflonso the big "Loser!" sign.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2790669)   #50
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Remember this?

No, of course not, it wasn't Alonso being evil, therefore it doesn't count
What are you doing bringing this up? You know rational thought and/or history and/or facts have no place in an Alonso bashing thread!